• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Timed Events?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Time, a feature implemented fully into the previous generations, is utilized in the manner of a variety of Daily & Weekly & even seasonal events that you can access each and every day. Usually, these range from just receiving items to having massive battles. I think it'll be apparent that there will be timed events in these games, but the question of whether time events will be here or not isn't what this thread is about anyway!

But, what this thread is about, what sorts of timed events would you like to see? (battles, pokemon, items, or otherwise?) How often should there be timed events (ie. weekly, seasonal, daily, maybe monthly...?)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Honestly...There are so many timed events I wish they'd do. With Pokemon moving to the 3DS I'd love to see if they could try to MMO some of the events, like special downloads that last X amount of days and such until they do an automated patch to remove it.

Special Character battles and such as well as special Pokemon occurrences.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I would like to see some battles take place on certain days of the week, or even some people that would give out items on certain days of the week. But other than that, I would like to see some special holiday events take place in certain towns or cities on a certain month on a certain day, which could then lead to a battle.

I don't think we have got anything like holidays that would occur on a certain month in a main Pokémon game yet, other than the Diamond Dust weather effect in Generation IV and V.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
time and date based events

sorry if this has been made already but the search didn't show anything.

so, for awhile there have been events that only work at certain times or days. like in diamond you could only battle your rival on weekends and on new years there would be confetti falling from the sky in some places. would you like to see more of this in X and Y? maybe something like a christmas tree up in a town square on christmas. a new special legendary pokemon (or giratina) that only comes out on halloween. getting a special gift on your birthday? i would love any of these.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Probably some kind of tournament like this bug tournament from HG/SS. And the rival battles too.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I loved this in R/S/E so it'd be fun to see again.
Maybe more more frequently used though, battles at certain times, maps like Shoal Cave, something blocking the way that only goes away at certain times, event pokemon, etc.

Years
I'd love if they brought back Pokemon being found at different times of the day while keeping the different seasons, as it could add to the variety of Pokemon you see depending when and where you are. I'd also like to see something like seasonal festivals take place- say on the first of every month (if seasons remain a month long). You could see characters from other regions show up, have special trades or even get certain items. Holidays haven't been celebrated in the games, so it'd be nice to see a little added touch like that.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The only holiday thing I can think of is the diamond dust snow in New years. I'll like it if they had shopping discount/special item days at the department store like in RSE. Also they could put in a special item for a certain day, maybe they could change the item regeneration to something like that to avoid the surplus amount of money that made the Unova games too easy.

Back