• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

Years
Anyone know if this hack is still alive?

This hack is still alive! A few posts back, FrozenInferno said that he's going to release Beta 3 around August 20. There have also been regular checkpoint updates (if you refer to the 1st post) and new screenshots in the making of Beta 3.

Glyph Reader

Holder of the Seven Glyphs
Years
This hack is still alive! A few posts back, FrozenInferno said that he's going to release Beta 3 around August 20. There have also been regular checkpoint updates (if you refer to the 1st post) and new screenshots in the making of Beta 3.

Sounds nice. I'll probably download Beta 3 when it comes out.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 9, 2014
I just started to read in depth about this game and I am very intresested, it looks great! I'm just wondering where about in the game does the current beta go to? Is it done the first region and started the second or...
Either way looks great and keep going

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
I'm playing the current beta(2.5) on MyBoy but I can't save.
It says something about changing the battery.

Does anybody knows why? It's the only hack that gives me this problem.
btw, my save configuration is on Automatic.
The other gmes i have run and save normally.

Years
I just started to read in depth about this game and I am very intresested, it looks great! I'm just wondering where about in the game does the current beta go to? Is it done the first region and started the second or...
Either way looks great and keep going

The current beta (Beta 2.5) stops at right before you can go to Pokewood City. That's roughly about half of the first region. The second region is not in-game yet. Beta 3 will feature more of the first region and a small part of the second region.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I've literally been away from a month. If I show low signs of activity on the forums, that does not mean the hack is dead. Lately, I've been working on this game underground (meaning I have not been making any public updates). I also had been busy with some stressful real world stuff and college. As a sidenote, this project will never be cancelled, so do not panic if I show low signs of activity. This game will be completed no matter how long it takes. Thanks! And sorry to the other prior posters that I have not replied to, concerning their questions. If you still need assistance, you can post it to my profile.

Glyph Reader

Years
I've literally been away from a month. If I show low signs of activity on the forums, that does not mean the hack is dead. Lately, I've been working on this game underground (meaning I have not been making any public updates). I also had been busy with some stressful real world stuff and college. As a sidenote, this project will never be cancelled, so do not panic if I show low signs of activity. This game will be completed no matter how long it takes. Thanks! And sorry to the other prior posters that I have not replied to, concerning their questions. If you still need assistance, you can post it to my profile.
Phew! Great to hear you haven't given up on this. I'll continue to wait for Beta 3.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Nice to see that the hack is still going on. Looking forward to a future release of beta 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 6, 2015
Great work so far, I love it!
Long live Pokemon Normal version, may she never be cancelled, or abandoned.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Here I am again guys. Remember this game will NEVER be cancelled. The reason I have not been active at all was due to my hard drive failing again. I was able to back everything up though. My computer is NO longer bootable. Man, I just have the worst luck. It's like the forces of nature is trying it's best for me to cancel this game, but it never will. Sorry for the inactivity. My computer needs I new hard drive, but I have been extremely busy with college and whatnot. Please bear with me (I'm typing from my iPhone). If you want to keep touch to see if I'm still alive (lol), don't be afraid to message me directly on AIM! This project will come back even stronger once I get a new hard drive. 2015 will be revolutionary!

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Myc here again. This hack has some of the greatest scripting, dialogue, graphics & music. Glad you're still working on it; I could wait for it all my life :D

Glyph Reader

Years
Here I am again guys. Remember this game will NEVER be cancelled. The reason I have not been active at all was due to my hard drive failing again. I was able to back everything up though. My computer is NO longer bootable. Man, I just have the worst luck. It's like the forces of nature is trying it's best for me to cancel this game, but it never will. Sorry for the inactivity. My computer needs I new hard drive, but I have been extremely busy with college and whatnot. Please bear with me (I'm typing from my iPhone). If you want to keep touch to see if I'm still alive (lol), don't be afraid to message me directly on AIM! This project will come back even stronger once I get a new hard drive. 2015 will be revolutionary!

If you're desperate, you can make a live USB or liveCD and use a linux distro so you can use your computer. If you are interested, just PM me and I'll help.

Hakon

Long Time Lurker
Years
DEFINITELY would like to see my favourite Pokémon appearing in the game:
Luxray, Gyarados, Gallade, Garchomp, Charizard, Mamoswine
If you can, THANK YOU!!! If you can't, don't worry I am a man of very few needs :)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I like how this looks so fr, but how will EV training be handled exactly? There's o EV reducing berries in fire red after all or a means to grow berries either.

Back