• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Trainer Association

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
Welcome to the club, nice meeting you too :)

I'll admit I usually evolve my Pokemon as soon as I can, so keeping an NFE sounds like a challenge, maybe I'll do that at some point and train the world's strongest Pikachu, like a certain ageless boy we all know and love.

Today I played a bit on the bus, on one of the rare occasions I take my 3DS out, and explored Twist Mountain in the winter. Caught Cubchoo (Rt 7), a couple of Beartic, Durant and Cryogonal. The veterans there were pretty tough too, since I didn't have my main team with me, so my Pokemon got a good training session as well!

The only Pokemon in my team that aren't fully evolved are my Gastly and Haunter, that's only because these are among my favorite Pokemon. For the most part fully evolved Pokemon are more cool than their younger counterparts anyway haha.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Haunter can be really tough depending on how you use it. In the NU tier it's one of the deadliest ghost types around and checks a lot of other pokemon that would otherwise sweep teams.

The story of struggle and triumph is what Cradily is all about for me. I started using it on my grass team and I had no idea how to use it. I liked its defenses and tried a lead set meant to set up entry hazards, but it never quite worked out. I was just about to switch him out when I tried one last set. I fully invested in Cradily's special defense and gave it the move curse to add to its defense and attack. Little did I know that I would get countless sweeps and rage-quits from a pokemon that I never see used by anyone. In all the battles I've been in I've seen two other Cradily, neither one using the sweeper set I came up with. Unfortunately it was always a question if I could get Cradily set-up between physical fighting moves before I could set up curses, or focus blasts. Eventually I had to switch it out, but I made room for it on my NU team where it still commonly sweeps to this day. I'm proud that I made up a set that actually does well and Cradily now makes it in the top ten of my favorite pokemon.

That post was a little longer than what I wanted it to be, but oh well.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
Haunter can be really tough depending on how you use it. In the NU tier it's one of the deadliest ghost types around and checks a lot of other pokemon that would otherwise sweep teams.

The story of struggle and triumph is what Cradily is all about for me. I started using it on my grass team and I had no idea how to use it. I liked its defenses and tried a lead set meant to set up entry hazards, but it never quite worked out. I was just about to switch him out when I tried one last set. I fully invested in Cradily's special defense and gave it the move curse to add to its defense and attack. Little did I know that I would get countless sweeps and rage-quits from a pokemon that I never see used by anyone. In all the battles I've been in I've seen two other Cradily, neither one using the sweeper set I came up with. Unfortunately it was always a question if I could get Cradily set-up between physical fighting moves before I could set up curses, or focus blasts. Eventually I had to switch it out, but I made room for it on my NU team where it still commonly sweeps to this day. I'm proud that I made up a set that actually does well and Cradily now makes it in the top ten of my favorite pokemon.

That post was a little longer than what I wanted it to be, but oh well.

So you're a grass trainer! I'm a fan of grass-type trainers because they are formidable foes, not to mention the ones I battled were really nice :P. The grass-type is tricky.

Have you always liked the grass-type? Why have you chosen it? I'm a Normal & Ghost-type trainer myself.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I'm guessing, since I'm not 100% sure, that grass is my favorite type because Serperior was my first pokemon. The nostalgia value went over into the typing and grass became my favorite. That, or I like the challenge of using the type with the most weaknesses.

I find that most grass trainers that I meet only started with grass types because they wanted to be gym leaders on online leagues and that was the only type open. I used to be a gym leader on one of those leagues, but that's a long story.

I normally do very well against normal teams and I suck against ghost teams. Those other STABs like Gengar, Chandelure, and Froslass get me just about every time. I've won three tournaments so far, so I'm managing the weaknesses fairly well.

How have you done so far, any notable battles?

Years
Username:Macguyver16
Goal:To complete my National Pokedex for Platinum, to get my brother into Pokemon, and to have enough money by October to purchase Pokemon Y.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
I'm guessing, since I'm not 100% sure, that grass is my favorite type because Serperior was my first pokemon. The nostalgia value went over into the typing and grass became my favorite. That, or I like the challenge of using the type with the most weaknesses.

I find that most grass trainers that I meet only started with grass types because they wanted to be gym leaders on online leagues and that was the only type open. I used to be a gym leader on one of those leagues, but that's a long story.

I normally do very well against normal teams and I suck against ghost teams. Those other STABs like Gengar, Chandelure, and Froslass get me just about every time. I've won three tournaments so far, so I'm managing the weaknesses fairly well.

How have you done so far, any notable battles?

I haven't battled online for a long time. For a couple years I was volunteering in California that took up all my time. But I have had many tough battles in the past. I used to be a Water-Type trainer a few years ago but now my taste has changed to the Ghost and Normal types. I am currently preparing my team for online battles.

I hope to battle you one of these days! Do you have online battles often?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Only on simulators as I don't have reliable internet (think of a cell phone data package without the unlimited data option since I live out in the country) so I can't do wi-fi battles. I'm currently working on replicating my grass team on my DS though.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Username:Macguyver16
Goal:To complete my National Pokedex for Platinum, to get my brother into Pokemon, and to have enough money by October to purchase Pokemon Y.

Welcome to the club! How is it going? I'm pretty similar actually, except I'm working on my Unova dex in B2, I'm still trying to convince my boyfriend to give Pokemon a try, and I'm thinking on getting Pokemon X, though I may change my mind if you get to know other version differences before the games com out.

All this talk about monotype teams makes me want to finally give it a try at the type experts tournament at the PWT, and the challenge medals for defeating the E4 with monotype teams. It's gonna be a lot of fun to chose and train my teams, because I've always been careful not to have duplicate types on my team, though somehow I always end up with a couple of Water types in my party. Maybe I should start with a Water team then, hehe.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
Welcome to the club! How is it going? I'm pretty similar actually, except I'm working on my Unova dex in B2, I'm still trying to convince my boyfriend to give Pokemon a try, and I'm thinking on getting Pokemon X, though I may change my mind if you get to know other version differences before the games com out.

All this talk about monotype teams makes me want to finally give it a try at the type experts tournament at the PWT, and the challenge medals for defeating the E4 with monotype teams. It's gonna be a lot of fun to chose and train my teams, because I've always been careful not to have duplicate types on my team, though somehow I always end up with a couple of Water types in my party. Maybe I should start with a Water team then, hehe.

I was thinking about getting Pokemon X too. I made a water team in High School and I loved it! I think a water team would be awesome :).

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Water is one of the most commonly used types and is often referred to as the best type. It can cover its weaknesses very well while still maintaining great type coverage. It's a great type with a lot of different options.

HeyLoro

So shiny!
Years
Username: HeyLoro
Your Goals: Hmm, not much really. I just started replaying SoulSilver today, and I've also been replaying Platinum, almost done replaying Black.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Water is one of the most commonly used types and is often referred to as the best type. It can cover its weaknesses very well while still maintaining great type coverage. It's a great type with a lot of different options.
Quite a boring type too, don't you think? ;o I dislike the sheer amount of Water-type Pokémon, it makes them feel so common and boring haha. (Ignore the Floatzel posts!) I love a lot of the Water Pokémon and I like the type on the whole, but I see something rarer like Poison or Steel as a lot more fun to use on a team. You really have to think hard about getting them to blend in and it's a much better test of your training skills. What do you guys think?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Quite a boring type too, don't you think? ;o I dislike the sheer amount of Water-type Pokémon, it makes them feel so common and boring haha. (Ignore the Floatzel posts!) I[FONT=inherit !important] [FONT=inherit ! important]love[/FONT][/FONT] a lot of the Water Pokémon and I like the type on the whole, but I see something rarer like Poison or Steel as a lot more fun to use on a team. You really have to think hard about getting them to blend in and it's a much better test of your training skills. What do you guys think?
That's why I like the grass type! Poison and electric are probably the only other types I don't see often. Steel is pretty common because all those resistances really attract people and secondary typings means there's a counter for each weakness.

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
So This Club Moved To MIAU

Now Im Playing Emerald,Gold,Fire Red,Diamond,Black

For Complete The Ultimate Monotype Challenge With Fire Type Pokemons And Be Come The Best Fire-Type Trainer In The World :)

Nakala Pri

Your Goals: To become the very best like no one ever was!

I wish to join and stuff! xD

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Welcome you guys! I can't officially accept you into the club, that's Miau job, but make sure to keep us posted on how your goals are going! I'd be interested to hear about your progress through all those games Musaddiq, and just how do you plan to become the best Rozu?

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Username: Heretostay123, but you can call me HTS or Heretostay
Your Goals: It's very obvious. There is only one true reason to want to be a pokemon trainer: I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them is my real test! To train them is my cause! I will travel across the land searching far and wide. Each pokemon to understand the power that's inside! *Sings the rest of the pokemon theme song*

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
Hi heretostay123 :) this is a great Association you will love it here!

On a side note I will be training my ditto a little bit more today! I'm pretty pumped about that :P

Last edited:

HeyLoro

So shiny!
Years
Alrightly, well a little while ago I was playing SoulSilver. I've gotten to the Slowpoke town. One of my favorite SS parts lol.
Though I've forgotten a bad thing about replaying SS and that's Whitney, eheh...

Back