• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

~Platina's Jason~

Platina Fan to the 9th Degree~
Years
From that point, it's saying Mega Evolutions were only seen within the Kalos region. Not saying it's only in the region itself.

Wrong. That clearly states that they are only found in Kalos. If they were found elsewhere why would that line be there?

Just humor me. It might not be obvious to everyone, and when you're the only one making the argument, you might as well explain.

And the things that they've retconned could fall under the category of canon-breaking. Steel was originally stated to be a new type to be found in Johto region, yet it appears in FR/LG, which takes place before G/S/C/HG/SS. Besides, you never know what Game Freak is gonna do, cuz of dat #GameFreakLogic.

Breaking canon is a bad thing because it makes it harder for the games to line up with each other and make sense.

While that's one way of looking at it, another way is that FRLG and HGSS replace RGBY and GSC respectively. In which case said retcon isn't breaking canon.

MarioManH

top kek
Years
Ah yes, Platina is right. Bulbapedia to confirm:
Mega Evolution (Japanese: メガシンカ Mega Evolution) is a new transformation affecting Pokémon, found only in the Kalos region. Mega Evolutions are identified by having "Mega" in front of their name.

Years
It would be more interesting if they were new forms, but either way, the artwork is absolutely stunning, and just looking at it gets me extremely excited to play. Their yellow markings probably have something to do with Rayquaza's similar markings. That could mean that Rayquaza will have some more relevance in this version of Hoenn.

MarioManH

top kek
Years
It would be more interesting if they were new forms, but either way, the artwork is absolutely stunning, and just looking at it gets me extremely excited to play. Their yellow markings probably have something to do with Rayquaza's similar markings. That could mean that Rayquaza will have some more relevance in this version of Hoenn.
I feel like he will play a similar role as he did in Emerald (Suppressing the fight between Groudon and Kyogre) OR Team Magma/Aqua will use Rayquaza in order to gain access to Groudon/Kyogre.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I keep saying, and I hope; There's more dwelling into the Red and Blue Orb.
Like, they could easily be Mega stones, Groudonite and Kyogreite.
The Mega forms of Kyogre and Groudon could be what cause the obscene and dramatic weather effects reeking havoc on the east side of Hoenn.

It makes a more justified solution than, they're awoken and cause havoc, but as soon as you catch them, their weather effects are useless.

They very well could be. It reminds me of how in Pokemon Special the Orbs turns into the stones (the core) for Deoxys. Hey if they do that then maybe the Soul Dew can turn into the Latiasite and Latiosite..

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
I noticed Kyogre on my first look at the covers, I'm not sure if I'd prefer them being Megas or forms. Will be interesting to see, as long as this doesn't dominate the story too much. :O

Years
I wonder if the new forms (whatever they are) will have an extra story to it like how in HGSS they added the Bells and the Dance thing to the story.

\/

Grey Cat
Years
Wrong. That clearly states that they are only found in Kalos. If they were found elsewhere why would that line be there?

Stop calling people wrong, you aren't an authority on anything.

Assuming he was a real person with real scientific authority he would be saying that with the assumption that you know he is speaking of what is known as far as current science in his world has knowledge of.

When new scientific information is discovered, new journals, textbooks, and of course Wikipedia are updated to reflect it.

None of this matters because it is a video game franchise that isn't very realistic or story-driven in the first place.

~Platina's Jason~

Years
I'll stop calling people wrong when they stop posting stuff contradicted by the games and those who make them.

And no, canon does matter. Yeah there's no overarching story but keeping the timeline straight and adhering to canon is important.

Years
Canon is only as important as the creators make it to be. They could not care for it at all like how some world leaders don't care about their nations' constitutions (speaking in general).

Gible

Y L I E S S E
Years
I'll stop calling people wrong when they stop posting stuff contradicted by the games and those who make them.

And no, canon does matter. Yeah there's no overarching story but keeping the timeline straight and adhering to canon is important.

Canon really isn't a big deal at all for Pokemon. Evidently, there isn't even a clear timeline, like you said yourself earlier, so that should point to how little GameFreak cares about time continuity. Honestly, why does it matter whether or not Mega Evolutions appear in a remake or not. Also, following your logic, if Mega-Evos are ONLY found in Kalos, apparently, they won't appear in later games. Sure you can say "but it's later on in the 'timeline' so the knowledge could be spread", but I don't see what's stopping GameFreak from doing the same in ORAS. Sure it's a remake but I'm sure they can "retcon", whatever the hell that means, to fit it in.

~Platina's Jason~

Years
Wrong. There is a canon timeline which I linked to and everyone chose to ignore. And if they show up in later generations that is different because then we know that Mega Evolution will have spread somehow.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Bulbpedia isn't a speculative site. It only takes in canon information, official stuff, to avoid being an invalid source. So until they officially announce that the game will feature mega evolutions (which they probably will, considering they've already had many mega evolutions from Hoenn) they're going to say it's only found in Kalos. As of now, we don't even know whether the game will feature more than two Pokémon.

Years
Wrong. There is a canon timeline which I linked to and everyone chose to ignore. And if they show up in later generations that is different because then we know that Mega Evolution will have spread somehow.

Here's an Idea, if you have such a big problem with it then don't play them or just lsave the thread if you have.an issue with it.

Stop calling people wrong on somethings, I'm pretty sure that I read that that timeline.stuff wasn't 100% confirmed.

Remebwe in orogin(Tho non cannon) No body except the guy who gave red the mega stones knew.what they were. Maybe only one.person in Hoenn knows about Mega Evolution.

Also considering that there is Mega Latios and Latias I'm pretty sure rhey won't be released unroll these games are released.

Sure you can keep using.your timeline.argument, but I don't think that thet wilp follow time line.

Like I said If you have a problem with it leave it alone. Geez let people believe what they want.

Years
So this all comes up to that Groudon and Kyogre can have potential mega stones? Red and Blue orbs act as Griseous orb for Giratina? If those formes are megas then they won't learn any new moves but they can still have alternate abilities and improved stats. I just don't think they will be megas. If they were to be mega pokemon the would just be called Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre rather than Omega and Alpha.
Actually people calling them Omega Groudon and Alpha Kyogre is all part of a rumor started in 4Chan. It's proably like Awakened Mewtwo for Mewtwo Y until we get an official name.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Because they look too simular to their regular forms, I'm hoping these are not straight up Megas.

If they are Megas, then Red Orb, Blue Orb in the story should be their Mega Stones. They were not recognized as such 12 years ago, but this time they are discovered as such.

What Ability should each Mega Weather Mon get. Their Weather Ability would trigger when they switch in, so their Mega Ability could focus on pure power.

Maybe Adaptability for Kyogre? Imagine a Drizzle Boosted, Adaptability Boosted Hydro-Pump.

-edit-
(Pokemon "Canon" has been retconed 5 times. Every time they add new monsters. According to Prof. Oak, their are only 150 pokemon :15:)

Years
Because they look too simular to their regular forms, I'm hoping these are not straight up Megas.

If they are Megas, then Red Orb, Blue Orb in the story should be their Mega Stones. They were not recognized as such 12 years ago, but this time they are discovered as such.

What Ability should each Mega Weather Mon get. Their Weather Ability would trigger when they switch in, so their Mega Ability could focus on pure power.

Maybe Adaptability for Kyogre? Imagine a Drizzle Boosted, Adaptability Boosted Hydro-Pump.
Groudon should get Solid Rock...oh and become Ground/Fire.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
(Pokemon "Canon" has been retconed 5 times. Every time they add new monsters. According to Prof. Oak, their are only 150 pokemon :15:)

This may be something to note. They say that Mew could be the 151st 'phantom' Pokémon as suggested by manga and Origins, but coming to think about it, Mewtwo is created from Mew, and if Mew wasn't known to exist, they couldn't possibly have added Mewtwo to the 150 list. It should have been 149.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
This may be something to note. They say that Mew could be the 151st 'phantom' Pokémon as suggested by manga and Origins, but coming to think about it, Mewtwo is created from Mew, and if Mew wasn't known to exist, they couldn't possibly have added Mewtwo to the 150 list. It should have been 149.

Mewtwo isn't a species, it is an individual subject. And everyone who knew about it died, except Fuji and Blane. Neither programed the Dex. So why Mewtwo would even be listed, let alone given preference over his ancestor... Even fewer people have seen Mew at that point, how is it even on the list.

Pokemanz be weird, Bro.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Mewtwo isn't a species, it is an individual subject. And everyone who knew about it died, except Fuji and Blane. Neither programed the Dex. So why Mewtwo would even be listed, let alone given preference over his ancestor... Even fewer people have seen Mew at that point, how is it even on the list.

Pokemanz be weird, Bro.

So true, that. Maybe they should have done something like what they did with Victini, make it #0 and forget about it, because it isn't there in the dex. They really should make Deoxys #0 that being heard.

Back