The PokéCommunity Forums General Pokémon Discussions Pokémon Trading Card Game
Quick Questions Thread! [OLD]

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #326    
Old February 14th, 2015 (10:57 PM).
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj donavannj is offline
TCGO: donavannj
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xebelleon View Post
My deck tends to be Fire based (non-Stoke Charizard EX, maybe Mega-Y).
Only have two of "that" Pyroar (enough Litleo).

Have some variety to stay Fire, go Fire-Dark (Umbreon, Weavil, Yveltal), go Fire-Psy (Crobat, ghosts, Gengar).

main question is...

What sort of things can work with 'Zard EX? Butterfree?
Spoiler:
Haven't won too often, though most games end up very close when my cards behave.


Not really wanting to weenie out by going Bronzong Metal Links, though I have three sources of Seafaring.
Which format? TCGO? Extended? Modified?



Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomHype View Post
Why in the world was the SR Charizard from plasma storm printed requiring a Fighting energy?
Because that version is an error card. It's supposed to have a Fire-type symbol there rather than a Fighting-type symbol.
__________________
well that was unexpected
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #327    
Old February 14th, 2015 (11:22 PM).
Xebelleon's Avatar
Xebelleon Xebelleon is offline
    TCGO:
     
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Canada
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 1,545
    @ donnvan

    Boundaries Crossed --> Phantom Forces/Primal Clash
    Reply With Quote
      #328    
    Old February 14th, 2015 (11:36 PM).
    RandomHype's Avatar
    RandomHype RandomHype is offline
    Explosive Explosion
      TCGO:
       
      Join Date: Apr 2013
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 183
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
      Because that version is an error card. It's supposed to have a Fire-type symbol there rather than a Fighting-type symbol.
      Is there one SR charizard out there that is not an error card?
      __________________

      I'M GOING TO THE POKEMON LEAGUE AND I'M GONNA WIN!
      Reply With Quote
        #329    
      Old February 16th, 2015 (7:13 PM). Edited February 16th, 2015 by donavannj.
      donavannj's Avatar
      donavannj donavannj is offline
      TCGO: donavannj
       
      Join Date: Mar 2005
      Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
      Age: 27
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 21,531
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by RandomHype View Post
      Is there one SR charizard out there that is not an error card?
      Shining Charizard from Neo Destiny does not have an error. Neither does Charizard Lv. X from Supreme Victors. There are a couple others, too, but PokeGym's Research Tower is hiccuping right now.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Xebelleon View Post
      @ donnvan

      Boundaries Crossed --> Phantom Forces/Primal Clash
      Modified, then.

      Pyroar's one of the better pairs, and so is Mega Charizard Y. These two could actually both be in there and be fairly useful.

      Raichu XY can work if you're experiencing trouble with Yveltal in your area. Mewtwo can also be a serviceable addition. Quite a bit to work with.


      By the way, which Butterfree are you talking about when asking if it's a good pair for your 'Zard?
      __________________
      well that was unexpected
      Reply With Quote
        #330    
      Old February 18th, 2015 (5:41 PM).
      Xebelleon's Avatar
      Xebelleon Xebelleon is offline
        TCGO:
         
        Join Date: Aug 2008
        Location: Canada
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 1,545
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
        By the way, which Butterfree are you talking about when asking if it's a good pair for your 'Zard?
        Flashfire's Butterfree, as was "considering" it for that Stage 2 perk Miltank on consideration of other character card options until I get more variety.
        Reply With Quote
          #331    
        Old February 20th, 2015 (6:50 PM).
        spike6958's Avatar
        spike6958 spike6958 is offline
        TCG Collector
          TCGO:
           
          Join Date: Jun 2005
          Location: UK
          Age: 29
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Brave
          Posts: 1,203
          Guys I have a question for any of you who own the Primal Groudon EX full art from Primal Clash. Does anyone else have white dots on the back side of the card because I own two copies of the card and they both have them in the exact same places.
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #332    
          Old February 20th, 2015 (7:14 PM).
          RyuError's Avatar
          RyuError RyuError is offline
          It's the Grineer.
            TCGO:
             
            Join Date: Feb 2015
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 17
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by RandomHype View Post
            Why in the world was the SR Charizard from plasma storm printed requiring a Fighting energy?
            The gif on your sign, best gif ever.


            Btw, the Blaine's Charizard have the same problem with FIghtning Energy I think, but the context of the attack make you believe it's intentional, so I'm not sure.
            Reply With Quote
              #333    
            Old February 22nd, 2015 (11:03 AM).
            CrasH's Avatar
            CrasH CrasH is offline
            Beasterling
              TCGO:
               
              Join Date: Nov 2007
              Location: Arizona
              Age: 26
              Gender:
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 124
              Milotic
              Ability: Sparkling ripples

              Aqua swirl: You may have your opponent switch his or her active pokemon with 1 of his or her benched pokemon...

              Does this mean I get to choose who he switches in or I can make him switch and he gets to choose which benched pokemon comes in?
              __________________
              Need new sig ; ;
              Reply With Quote
                #334    
              Old February 22nd, 2015 (5:12 PM).
              Scotash!'s Avatar
              Scotash! Scotash! is offline
                TCGO:
                 
                Join Date: May 2013
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 460
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by RandomHype View Post
                Why in the world was the SR Charizard from plasma storm printed requiring a Fighting energy?

                I've seen a few listed that all have the fighting symbol so I'm unsure if any were actually printed with the fire type symbol, I've certainly never seen one. Has anyone?
                Reply With Quote
                  #335    
                Old February 22nd, 2015 (8:33 PM).
                donavannj's Avatar
                donavannj donavannj is offline
                TCGO: donavannj
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2005
                Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                Age: 27
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 21,531
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Xebelleon View Post
                Flashfire's Butterfree, as was "considering" it for that Stage 2 perk Miltank on consideration of other character card options until I get more variety.
                I guess that could work with Miltank, but I'm not really sure either pair terribly well with 'zard.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by spike6958 View Post
                Guys I have a question for any of you who own the Primal Groudon EX full art from Primal Clash. Does anyone else have white dots on the back side of the card because I own two copies of the card and they both have them in the exact same places.
                Sorry, can't answer. Haven't pulled any yet.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by CrasH View Post
                Milotic
                Ability: Sparkling ripples

                Aqua swirl: You may have your opponent switch his or her active pokemon with 1 of his or her benched pokemon...

                Does this mean I get to choose who he switches in or I can make him switch and he gets to choose which benched pokemon comes in?
                It means that you can choose to make him or her switch, but you cannot choose what he or she chooses to switch in.

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Scotash! View Post
                I've seen a few listed that all have the fighting symbol so I'm unsure if any were actually printed with the fire type symbol, I've certainly never seen one. Has anyone?
                I've actually not seen any with the Fire type symbol. I don't think they actually issued a corrected print of the card, but I'm not certain on that.
                __________________
                well that was unexpected
                Reply With Quote
                  #336    
                Old June 5th, 2015 (3:30 PM).
                kayler28's Avatar
                kayler28 kayler28 is offline
                  TCGO:
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2014
                  Posts: 7
                  Question - I'm just trying to organize my cards (finally) and I'm beginning with my base set. However, I have a Jolteon 4/64 with no symbol on it. The base set has 102 cards... so what is this Jolteon if it doesn't have a jungle symbol or anything. Is this an error card?
                  Reply With Quote
                    #337    
                  Old June 7th, 2015 (12:02 PM).
                  Iluvatar's Avatar
                  Iluvatar Iluvatar is offline
                    TCGO:
                     
                    Join Date: May 2015
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 25
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by kayler28 View Post
                    Question - I'm just trying to organize my cards (finally) and I'm beginning with my base set. However, I have a Jolteon 4/64 with no symbol on it. The base set has 102 cards... so what is this Jolteon if it doesn't have a jungle symbol or anything. Is this an error card?
                    It's an early print from the jungle set. They were printed in error without the jungle symbol.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #338    
                    Old June 13th, 2015 (7:44 AM).
                    kayler28's Avatar
                    kayler28 kayler28 is offline
                      TCGO:
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2014
                      Posts: 7
                      Another question but regarding the Ruby & Sapphire sets. I have some cards from 2003 and some from 2004. Some within the 2003 print don't have the e-reader dots at the bottom. Is this normal? Are some possibly fake?

                      I don't see any information regarding a 2004 reprint. A bit confused.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #339    
                      Old June 13th, 2015 (9:38 AM).
                      donavannj's Avatar
                      donavannj donavannj is offline
                      TCGO: donavannj
                       
                      Join Date: Mar 2005
                      Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                      Age: 27
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 21,531
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by kayler28 View Post
                      Another question but regarding the Ruby & Sapphire sets. I have some cards from 2003 and some from 2004. Some within the 2003 print don't have the e-reader dots at the bottom. Is this normal? Are some possibly fake?

                      I don't see any information regarding a 2004 reprint. A bit confused.
                      The 2004 ones are probably from theme decks released in 2004.

                      The 2003 ones may be from theme decks released in 2003.

                      Pictures would help identify them, though.
                      __________________
                      well that was unexpected
                      Reply With Quote
                        #340    
                      Old June 28th, 2015 (10:30 AM).
                      Scotash!'s Avatar
                      Scotash! Scotash! is offline
                        TCGO:
                         
                        Join Date: May 2013
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 460
                        Did any of you guys manage to get the new Pokémon Centre Japan Exclusive Pikachu Full Arts? I managed to get a sealed box on Poke Vault. Any of you guys pick one up?
                        Reply With Quote
                          #341    
                        Old June 28th, 2015 (8:46 PM).
                        ads_2006 ads_2006 is offline
                          TCGO:
                           
                          Join Date: Jan 2014
                          Posts: 115
                          any possible way to detect a fake WOTC booster box without opening?

                          I think all the ones I bought are legit. Just wondering if there are any obvious signs.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #342    
                          Old June 30th, 2015 (5:14 AM).
                          AdamN's Avatar
                          AdamN AdamN is offline
                            TCGO:
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2015
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 183
                            I haven't purchased a pack of pokemon cards in many years and was wonder, do the full art cards have an actual texture or is it just the way the foil looks? And if it is a texture, how do they do it?
                            __________________
                            Please quote this post if you're going to reply to it, otherwise I might not see your reply!
                            Reply With Quote
                              #343    
                            Old June 30th, 2015 (6:13 AM).
                            donavannj's Avatar
                            donavannj donavannj is offline
                            TCGO: donavannj
                             
                            Join Date: Mar 2005
                            Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                            Age: 27
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 21,531
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by AdamN View Post
                            I haven't purchased a pack of pokemon cards in many years and was wonder, do the full art cards have an actual texture or is it just the way the foil looks? And if it is a texture, how do they do it?
                            Most do, iirc. I'm not sure how they do it, though, other than as a part of their printing process.

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by ads_2006 View Post
                            any possible way to detect a fake WOTC booster box without opening?

                            I think all the ones I bought are legit. Just wondering if there are any obvious signs.
                            Only way I can think of off the top of my head is based on the wrapping. PokeBall print wrapping, iirc.

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Scotash! View Post
                            Did any of you guys manage to get the new Pokémon Centre Japan Exclusive Pikachu Full Arts? I managed to get a sealed box on Poke Vault. Any of you guys pick one up?
                            Nah. Not got the spare cash to get anything like that.

                            Although this is more of a topic for the DCC or its own thread rather than Quick Questions (which is here more as a help thread), haha.
                            __________________
                            well that was unexpected
                            Reply With Quote
                              #344    
                            Old June 30th, 2015 (9:37 AM).
                            Scotash!'s Avatar
                            Scotash! Scotash! is offline
                              TCGO:
                               
                              Join Date: May 2013
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 460
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by donavannj View Post


                              Nah. Not got the spare cash to get anything like that.

                              Although this is more of a topic for the DCC or its own thread rather than Quick Questions (which is here more as a help thread), haha.

                              Sorry bro, I couldn't decide which thread would be best to post it in and, well, quick questions and it was a question so I thought that'd be best. Apologies.
                              Reply With Quote
                                #345    
                              Old June 30th, 2015 (10:24 AM).
                              donavannj's Avatar
                              donavannj donavannj is offline
                              TCGO: donavannj
                               
                              Join Date: Mar 2005
                              Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                              Age: 27
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 21,531
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Scotash! View Post
                              Sorry bro, I couldn't decide which thread would be best to post it in and, well, quick questions and it was a question so I thought that'd be best. Apologies.
                              Nah. Quite alright. Just for reference for next time.

                              If it's something that you can get more than a little discussion out of, it can probably survive in its own thread.

                              This is pretty much just here for those who don't have the courage to open their own thread for questions they have.
                              __________________
                              well that was unexpected
                              Reply With Quote
                                #346    
                              Old July 5th, 2015 (1:43 PM).
                              Nidorina of Time Lord's Avatar
                              Nidorina of Time Lord Nidorina of Time Lord is offline
                              Waiting for the Sun to come...
                                TCGO:
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2015
                                Location: Canterlot
                                Age: 19
                                Gender: Female
                                Nature: Quirky
                                Posts: 797
                                I want to play the TCGO, but am I out of luck? It says I need to download it but I don't have a Windows or iPad.
                                __________________
                                I am Fire, the girl who ironically favours the grass type. Cute Pokémon rule!
                                ~Omega Ruby, Y, White 2, Pearl and Heart Gold owner. ~
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #347    
                                Old July 5th, 2015 (1:57 PM).
                                AdamN's Avatar
                                AdamN AdamN is offline
                                  TCGO:
                                   
                                  Join Date: Apr 2015
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 183
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Electrizard View Post
                                  I want to play the TCGO, but am I out of luck? It says I need to download it but I don't have a Windows or iPad.
                                  May I ask how you are posting on this forum?
                                  The TCGO can be download on all iOS devices, windows and mac, what else is there that you could be using for this forum?
                                  If you're posting on this forum you should have a compatible device! Unless you're using the internet through an xbox or playstation, which would be quite strange.

                                  Edit: just checked and it isn't available for iPhone, if that's what you're using then sorry but it's not compatible yet, probably because the screen is too small.
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #348    
                                  Old July 5th, 2015 (2:11 PM).
                                  donavannj's Avatar
                                  donavannj donavannj is offline
                                  TCGO: donavannj
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2005
                                  Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                                  Age: 27
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 21,531
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Electrizard View Post
                                  I want to play the TCGO, but am I out of luck? It says I need to download it but I don't have a Windows or iPad.
                                  The platforms it is available for are a Windows PC (Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 can all play it), Mac OS X (10.7 and newer can play it), and the iPad (iOS 7 and newer can play it). You need one of those or else you are not going to be able to play on the official TCGO client.
                                  __________________
                                  well that was unexpected
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #349    
                                  Old July 5th, 2015 (6:00 PM).
                                  Nidorina of Time Lord's Avatar
                                  Nidorina of Time Lord Nidorina of Time Lord is offline
                                  Waiting for the Sun to come...
                                    TCGO:
                                     
                                    Join Date: Mar 2015
                                    Location: Canterlot
                                    Age: 19
                                    Gender: Female
                                    Nature: Quirky
                                    Posts: 797
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by AdamN View Post
                                    May I ask how you are posting on this forum?
                                    The TCGO can be download on all iOS devices, windows and mac, what else is there that you could be using for this forum?
                                    If you're posting on this forum you should have a compatible device! Unless you're using the internet through an xbox or playstation, which would be quite strange.

                                    Edit: just checked and it isn't available for iPhone, if that's what you're using then sorry but it's not compatible yet, probably because the screen is too small.
                                    I'm posting from my iPod. I guess that's not a pretty common device to post from, huh? Most people probably have a phone, but not me. Oh, I do have a windows computer but it's Windows XP.
                                    And I have a tablet but it's a droid.

                                    So I guess I can never get this game because no way would my parents do it on their computer
                                    __________________
                                    I am Fire, the girl who ironically favours the grass type. Cute Pokémon rule!
                                    ~Omega Ruby, Y, White 2, Pearl and Heart Gold owner. ~
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #350    
                                    Old August 4th, 2015 (4:07 AM).
                                    firuli firuli is offline
                                    Banned
                                      TCGO:
                                       
                                      Join Date: Aug 2015
                                      Gender: Female
                                      Posts: 3
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by google123 View Post
                                      if a pokemon is paralyzed, does that mean i can't use SWITCH to switch it with one of my benched pokemon?
                                      Yes i think it is so
                                      Reply With Quote
                                      Reply

                                      Quick Reply

                                      Join the conversation!

                                      Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                      Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                      Sponsored Links
                                      Thread Tools

                                      Posting Rules
                                      You may not post new threads
                                      You may not post replies
                                      You may not post attachments
                                      You may not edit your posts

                                      BB code is On
                                      Smilies are On
                                      [IMG] code is On
                                      HTML code is Off

                                      Forum Jump


                                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:43 AM.