I'm going to nickname it spaghetti.

Ahri

Age 29
Female
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted March 22nd, 2022
1,098 posts
9.4 Years
Yes I love Litten too, adorable kitty, I didn't pick him as a starter when I played Sun and Moon for some reason, I think because I didn't like the final evolution, but lately I've been watching the Sun and Moon anime and really fell in love with him, he's so sweet. I may go back and play through Sun and Moon again and have him as my starter this time.

I am excited that there's another cat starter for this newest generation though, I just hope the evolutions of Sprigatito are good
as a cat lover, another cat starter is the best thing ever! Full cat team coming right up! I really hope it has a good evolutionary line too and an interesting typing.

If you'd like to play with me, you better be sure you know the game.

PageEmperor

I can’t do money puns. It just doesn’t make any cents.

Male
with an axe
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
12,242 posts
6.9 Years
As for the fan made final evo posted here that nobody seemed to notice until now, great design!

I have exactly one complaint, and it has nothing to do with the design: the Grass/Psychic typing. It makes sense, but no, we don’t want something that’s weak to everything and not too great of a typing either. I still lean towards my choice of Grass/Steel.
I… might put something interesting here eventually.

Sapphirejas

She
New Zealand
Seen March 19th, 2022
Posted March 13th, 2022
22 posts
86 Days
Yes, it may not be the best typing, but at least it would be strong against ground, rock, water, fighting and poison types (although it would be weak against poison...) I would give it high special attack, special defense, moderately high attack, defense and hp. However I think it would have very low speed because lynxes are very bulky animals and to balance out the other stats.

Whiteeyes1989

Normal/Dark -type

Age 33
They/Them
Pennsylvania, USA
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
50 posts
75 Days
I have to admit, I love the design. I think I might pick it as my starter, baring revelations about its evolution. This would mark the 3rd generation where I didn't pick the water starter, the others two times being Fennekin and Rowlet, since I started back in Gen 1. Though in the case of Gen 7 and 9 it feels more like a failure on the part of the water type to look good than the other option just looking so much better. And with Gen 6 that's just because I love foxes so damn much, especially fennec foxes.

Sheep

She/Her
Australia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
36,560 posts
15.6 Years
I have to admit, I love the design. I think I might pick it as my starter, baring revelations about its evolution. This would mark the 3rd generation where I didn't pick the water starter, the others two times being Fennekin and Rowlet, since I started back in Gen 1. Though in the case of Gen 7 and 9 it feels more like a failure on the part of the water type to look good than the other option just looking so much better. And with Gen 6 that's just because I love foxes so damn much, especially fennec foxes.
It really is adorable. <3

You got me thinking about my previous starter choices and going backwards a bit with generations I chose Scorbunny, Popplio, Fennekin. I'd say it's been ages since I picked a grass starter but I did choose Snivy in BW2 so that counts, even if it's still the least picked starter type for me. Interesting to think about what patterns we may've had with previous games lol, but who knows, the final evos could change our minds? Still, Sprigatito is one of the cutest mons I have seen in a long time. Hopefully it looks elegant when it evolves.

Sheep

She/Her
Australia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
36,560 posts
15.6 Years
pops in
Here to share an underrated fanart of the cutest SV starter Sprigatito with Shaymin, it's an absolutely adorable picture. <3

https://twitter.com/frogomantic/status/1517846499023101952

Fairy

she / they
in the flowers
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
I have seen so, so many incredible designs for Sprigatito's evolutions lately with every Grass/Type combination you can imagine. Pokémon artists really be putting in their work with this kitty cat.

girlfriend ♥ colours
boyfriend ♥ ivysaur
tokyodrift / starwalker / icycatelf / megan / starlight
sister ♥ caite-chan

PageEmperor

Male
with an axe
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
12,242 posts
6.9 Years
Please be Grass/Fairy or Grass/Steel. I now lean towards the former but either are ideal. Do NOT let it have a bad typing, nor a horrific typing like Grass/Dark.

Grass/Dark is the WORST type combination in the whole game and I will die on that hill. I care more about this thing having a passable typing than having a final form on two legs. Just, screw the Grass/Dark typing and the fact there is nothing good about that and it’s many weaknesses and give us a useful final evo!

Fairy

she / they
in the flowers
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
Please be Grass/Fairy or Grass/Steel. I now lean towards the former but either are ideal. Do NOT let it have a bad typing, nor a horrific typing like Grass/Dark.

Grass/Dark is the WORST type combination in the whole game and I will die on that hill. I care more about this thing having a passable typing than having a final form on two legs. Just, screw the Grass/Dark typing and the fact there is nothing good about that and it’s many weaknesses and give us a useful final evo!
I really don’t think they’ll go with a Dark Typing for precious green-bean there. It was only Gen 7 (granted, six years ago now but still) when Incineroar was introduced, and GF really pushed it into the spotlight what with making it a Smash character, giving it major airtime in the anime, having its own amiibo & tons more merch, getting more TCG appearances than any of the Gen 7 starters, and just generally being given preferential treatment. It also appears in 17 games no less! (Though, there are two additional games that don’t have Incineroar, but do have a pre-evo. So possibly 19 games in total depending on how strict you’re feeling lol).

Anyway, my whole point to this rant was that the last time GF made a starter with a secondary Dark type (sans Hisuian Samurott), they made such a bloody big deal of it. And I don’t think they’re looking to outshine Incineroar just yet - I mean there’s hardly any new Nintendo IP releases coming that they could capitalize on!

I can’t predict what Sprigatito’s second type might be, but I’ve seen gorgeous examples of Fairy (obviously lol), Poison, Psychic, and one Flying type that was super creative! Nah, I don’t think GF is ready to dethrone the big Fire/Dark/Fighting MMA Cat-Man for whatever Sprigatito may turn out to be.

…at least, I hope.. щ(゜ロ゜щ)

girlfriend ♥ colours
boyfriend ♥ ivysaur
tokyodrift / starwalker / icycatelf / megan / starlight
sister ♥ caite-chan

PageEmperor

Male
with an axe
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
12,242 posts
6.9 Years
I really don’t think they’ll go with a Dark Typing for precious green-bean there. It was only Gen 7 (granted, six years ago now but still) when Incineroar was introduced, and GF really pushed it into the spotlight what with making it a Smash character, giving it major airtime in the anime, having its own amiibo & tons more merch, getting more TCG appearances than any of the Gen 7 starters, and just generally being given preferential treatment. It also appears in 17 games no less! (Though, there are two additional games that don’t have Incineroar, but do have a pre-evo. So possibly 19 games in total depending on how strict you’re feeling lol).

I can’t predict what Sprigatito’s second type might be, but I’ve seen gorgeous examples of Fairy (obviously lol), Poison, Psychic, and one Flying type that was super creative! Nah, I don’t think GF is ready to dethrone the big Fire/Dark/Fighting MMA Cat-Man for whatever Sprigatito may turn out to be.
Yeah, I figure that another reason it won’t be part Dark was due to another starter based on a similar thing already being part Dark. I believe what worried me was seeing a leak that claimed that it would become Grass/Dark, and that leak also claimed that gen9 is gonna introduce 100+ mons, which I think is impossible after many generations that didn’t introduce many creatures. Regardless, I still stand by this thing becomming Grass/Fairy or Grass/Steel!

ReKoil

Male
Netherlands
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
16,248 posts
1.9 Years
Actually with Sword/Shield and Legends:Arceus combined, gen 8 added 96 new mons (https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation).

Also the amount of new mons per gen has also been increasing little by little after the lowest point back in gen 6.
So 100 isn't exactly impossible. Though it will probably not be that amount on initial release. The 96 from gen 8 includes the new mons from both the DLC's and Legends:Arceus as well after all.

Not that I'm personally expecting that much. I'm expecting somewhere in the 80 new mons myself. If they do DLC's again maybe 90-ish.

Anyway back on topic, I'm hoping for Grass/Psychic myself. The only Grass/Pychic type that isn't a legendary/mythical is the Exeggcute line. I'd love to have an alternative =3

Trade Shop | My HA pokemon trade sheet. | My Shinies. | My VPP.
Parasect @ Level 100: 16,203 | Emboar @ Lv 100: 16,243

PageEmperor

Male
with an axe
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
12,242 posts
6.9 Years
Actually, the so called ‘leak’ I was talking about claimed that gen9 would introduce a large number of mons to the point it would be like around how much the generations that introduced more mons were like, meaning that that leak claimed that gen9 would introduce 130+ mons. I only rounded it down because I still thought it would be unreasonable to exceed 1000 mons with no warning whatsoever.

Still leaning towards Grass/Fairy and Grass/Steel by the way. Grass/Psychic is… significantly better than Grass/Dark, but I still really don’t want it because of those weaknesses. The two combinations I lean towards also barely have any non-legendary representatives. Save Grass/Psychic for like another mon or regional variant (I mean I’m kind of sure a regional variant Grass/Psychic exists, but I’m probably remembering it wrong)

Kiertronik

He him
Western Unova (Western United States)
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
56 posts
1.6 Years
as a cat lover, another cat starter is the best thing ever! Full cat team coming right up! I really hope it has a good evolutionary line too and an interesting typing.
I might have to make an all cat team too!
Cats and computers, those are my things.

PageEmperor

Male
with an axe
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
12,242 posts
6.9 Years
Please, be Grass/Fairy or Grass/Steel. Because slaying dragons is always very much welcome, and Dark mons and Fighters are somwhat common and I expect the same for the upcomming games. Although another Grass/Steel mon would be nice, as well as another Steel starter.

Do NOT make this thing Grass/Dark. What a loathsome typing. Andythinh with too many weaknesses is not reccomended in general but NO Grass/Dark. Please.