Deokishisu

Mr. Magius

Male
If I'm online, it's a safe bet I'm at a computer.
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
945 posts
16.3 Years
Seeing as you've already exposed hidden power, would it be possible for you to do the same for weather ball and nature power as well, please?
I'll see what I can do in the future. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hi, just to clarify on Johto mons available before getting the National Dex. Does this mean that Crobat (evolves from Golbat via Friendship) would be available prior to getting the Nat Dex? Thanks!
Yes. That's exactly what that means.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius

Male
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
945 posts
16.3 Years
I have uploaded a new patch that fixes a crash, several bugs and tile errors, and improves some overworld sprites. The link in the first post has been updated, but you can also grab it from here: https://github.com/Deokishisu/FRLG-Plus/releases/tag/v1.4.2

The Juggler, Young Couple, Rocker, and Lady classes have received new overworld sprites. The Cable Club receptionist has had her walking sprite tweaked.
Challenge Mode Misty's rematch no longer sets the Safari Zone flag when beaten.
Icefall Cave should no longer allow the player to overshoot a cracking ice tile and fall in such a way that they will be trapped.
Icefall Cave's cracked ice tiles should no longer spawn wild Pokemon, fixing a vanilla bug where if a wild Pokémon was encountered, the ice would not crack.
Fixed Icefall Cave vanilla tile errors.
Fix potential crash in party menu when swapping Pokémon with the select button.
Swapping Pokémon with the select button now only works when the player has at least two Pokémon.
One and Three Island's tall grass now animates correctly.
Deoxys is now affected by the IV Calculation and EV Calculation keys.
Deoxys formes now show correctly in the Hall of Fame. Hall of Fame entries from before this release will show Normal Forme Deoxys in all cases.
Eggs now obey Nuzlocke rules. When hatched, an egg will set the encounter flag of the place it was originally obtained in (e.g. Four Island if it was obtained from the Day Care). If the encounter flag is already set for that location, the Pokémon will hatch fainted. This does not apply to eggs that were traded in from another game.
The Teachy TV now uses the correct text color.

Player1041

Player1041#3716 on Discord

He/Him
England
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
1 posts
22 Days
Heya, quick question;
is it possible to add support for transferring between Gen 3 (frlg) and Gen 4 (diamond, pearl, platinum, hg, ss) without the need for the two games to be inserted?
I have a venosaur that I don't want to lose because of a broken DS. I put the game files onto a 2DS and play it that way.

But yeah, tl;dr
Gen 3 -> Gen 4 transfer support without using the game carts.

(idk if its in already or if its at all possible but if it is, any chance of it being added?)

Edit: also without like uhhh replicating it using a save manager if possible, so it's the exact same Pokémon, yk

Thanks!
Player1041

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius

Male
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
945 posts
16.3 Years
Heya, quick question;
is it possible to add support for transferring between Gen 3 (frlg) and Gen 4 (diamond, pearl, platinum, hg, ss) without the need for the two games to be inserted?
I have a venosaur that I don't want to lose because of a broken DS. I put the game files onto a 2DS and play it that way.

But yeah, tl;dr
Gen 3 -> Gen 4 transfer support without using the game carts.

(idk if its in already or if its at all possible but if it is, any chance of it being added?)

Edit: also without like uhhh replicating it using a save manager if possible, so it's the exact same Pokémon, yk

Thanks!
Player1041
I'm honestly not sure what you're expecting me to do. There's no way for me to create an in-game method that will magically poof your Pokemon to a Gen 4 save file on your 2DS. You're essentially asking me to sign on as a dev to TWiLightMenu and code up an emulated dual-slot mode from scratch which, for obvious reasons, is not happening. However, I can tell you that the Pal Park code from Gen 4 was included in the Diamond and Pearl source code leak and that PKHeX replicates what Pal Park does perfectly. Using PKHeX to bring up your Pokemon from FRLG+ will yield a Pokemon that has zero differences to one you manually Pal Parked up.

If you still don't want to use PKHeX, dump your saves and use a PC DS emulator that does support the dual-slot mode and Pal Park them up that way, then return the saves to your 2DS.

Alternatively, regular DSes are fairly cheap used.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius

Male
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
945 posts
16.3 Years
how i get the legendary ? like mew and latios/latias
Check the FAQ.
How do I refight gym leaders and is there an easier way to get the lucky egg outside of catching Chansey?
Speak to the old woman in the house on Seven Island to start the quest. She wants a full Fame Checker for each leader. I will probably add this question to the FAQ eventually as well, since I've gotten it a few times now.
No, there is no easier way of getting a Lucky Egg.
Hello, I'm new here and I have to admit that I enjoy playing pokemon fire red plus. I am trying to complete my pokedex but have no idea where to find the second eevee to get more of its evolution. Any suggestions?
Breed Eevee on Four Island. There are no extra gift Eevee available.
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
3 posts
11 Days
Can you add letting us have the ability to VS seeker trainers in caves/forests etc? I always thought it was so ridiculous that you couldn't use it indoors. I'd really like to be able to train in victory road.

Also how exactly do gym leader rematches work with the spearow and the old lady? is it based off time or steps in terms of how long you need to wait until they appear in the basement?

And have you done a hack like this but for Emerald? if not, do you ever plan to?

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius

Male
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
945 posts
16.3 Years
Can you add letting us have the ability to VS seeker trainers in caves/forests etc? I always thought it was so ridiculous that you couldn't use it indoors. I'd really like to be able to train in victory road.

Also how exactly do gym leader rematches work with the spearow and the old lady? is it based off time or steps in terms of how long you need to wait until they appear in the basement?

And have you done a hack like this but for Emerald? if not, do you ever plan to?
1. I'll consider it. It would require rematch rosters for every indoor trainer in the game, so it would be tedious to do.

2. Spearow will go and bring an invite to the gym leader you've invited. When Spearow returns, from that point on, the invited leader will periodically visit the Battle House to train. Their visiting is based on steps taken that are not in areas labeled "SEVEN ISLAND" (so anywhere not in the town itself). There is bad luck protection that will start guaranteeing visits after the RNG fails to trigger a visit a certain number of times. Gym Leaders will stay in the basement until they are battled and then they leave, wherein steps will trigger another visit. The sign outside the house will list which leaders are currently visiting so you don't have to actually enter the basement to see if you've triggered a visit.

3. No, but I may in the future. I have ideas for it, I just am short on time at the moment for projects like this.
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
3 posts
11 Days
How many steps does it take and do different leaders take a different amount of steps to activate? also does using the bike count towards steps and does going downhill cycling road also count as steps? can I just walk in place against a wall and it will count as well? and can you fight characters other than the gym leaders in the basement? such as the E4?

And does the gym leader rematches get stronger and stronger or do they only get buffed that one time? and outside of the vanilla E4/champion rematch buff did you give them any further rematches outside of vanilla? sorry for all the questions.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius

Male
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
945 posts
16.3 Years
How many steps does it take and do different leaders take a different amount of steps to activate? also does using the bike count towards steps and does going downhill cycling road also count as steps? can I just walk in place against a wall and it will count as well? and can you fight characters other than the gym leaders in the basement? such as the E4?

And does the gym leader rematches get stronger and stronger or do they only get buffed that one time? and outside of the vanilla E4/champion rematch buff did you give them any further rematches outside of vanilla? sorry for all the questions.
There is RNG involved in getting leaders to visit, so there is no set amount of steps to trigger visits until the bad luck protection kicks in and starts guaranteeing visits. If you want more info on how visits are generated, all the code is open source and you can look yourself.

The code counts steps. If you walk in place it does not count. The other scenarios you mentioned will count.

Only the first seven gym leaders can be fought in the basement, as Giovanni flees and is not seen again after his gym fight. The E4 and Champion rematches have been changed for Challenge Mode if you want to face harder versions of them. Save for the Challenge Mode changes to their one rematch, there are no further rematches for them outside of vanilla.

The gym leaders will level up to a maximum level based on your difficulty key. They all level up each time you beat one.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius

Male
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
945 posts
16.3 Years
Should you be able to hatch eggs on routes you've already caught Pokémon in Nuzlocke mode? I ask because I gave myself an egg in PKHeX, then tested hatching it on Route 1 after catching a Pidgey. It was healthy and not fainted, then I caught another Pokémon on the same route and that one *was* fainted.
Eggs are wonky because if you're Nuzlocking I'm assuming you're not trading. Eggs that were generated on your savefile check/set the Nuzlocke flag for the location that the egg was originally obtained in when it is hatched. Without cheating, that would be Four Island, Water Labyrinth, or Resort Gorgeous. Eggs don't interact with Nuzlocke Mode at all until the moment they are hatched. If you cheated in a PKHeX egg and didn't set its met location correctly, then you likely set another location flag. Traded eggs (i.e. eggs that don't have your OTID) shouldn't check or set any Nuzlocke flags at all and should always hatch healthy, which could be another thing that happened with your PKHeX egg.

I'd need more information about the egg you generated with PKHeX before I can figure out if this was a bug. Do you still have the .pk3 file for the unhatched egg? If you do, that would be helpful.
Online now
Posted 16 Hours Ago
24 posts
2.5 Years
Eggs are wonky because if you're Nuzlocking I'm assuming you're not trading. Eggs that were generated on your savefile check/set the Nuzlocke flag for the location that the egg was originally obtained in when it is hatched. Without cheating, that would be Four Island, Water Labyrinth, or Resort Gorgeous. Eggs don't interact with Nuzlocke Mode at all until the moment they are hatched. If you cheated in a PKHeX egg and didn't set its met location correctly, then you likely set another location flag. Traded eggs (i.e. eggs that don't have your OTID) shouldn't check or set any Nuzlocke flags at all and should always hatch healthy, which could be another thing that happened with your PKHeX egg.

I'd need more information about the egg you generated with PKHeX before I can figure out if this was a bug. Do you still have the .pk3 file for the unhatched egg? If you do, that would be helpful.
You're absolutely right, I'm an idiot and didn't set the location properly. I had set it to Route 5 instead of Four Island. Sorry for wasting your time, I must have got a legit egg I generated (Four Island) confused with that one and didn't do multiple tests.
Online now
Posted 16 Hours Ago
24 posts
2.5 Years
Can you help me understand your implementation of EV reduction berries compared to this commit - https://github.com/Kurausukun/pokefirered/commit/918711d058e2a24ce9f1f791030a36121090fa11
You have ItemUseCB_ReduceEV and ItemUseCB_ReduceEV2, but it seems like both do the same thing? The only difference I can see at a glance is the lack of sub_8124DC0, which is the call to the item usage animation.