The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking
[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread

Old December 20th, 2012 (11:04 AM).
Scrambled Egg

Nature: Quirky
    Hi! Me and a friend (fireguy135) are working on a new rom hack (our first official one, but we've had a bit of experience poking around with tools and stuff), and we were wondering, is there any way to delete a map in advancemap without it adding new blank banks and just moving it around? everytime we try to delete a map we end up with extra banks and we don't know what went wrong... any help would be appreciated, thanks! and we're hacking emerald and using advancemap 1.90.
    Old December 20th, 2012 (12:38 PM).

How to expand Fire Red Pokedex to 209 Pokemons?
      Old December 20th, 2012 (4:59 PM).
      joexv.github.io

Nature: Sassy
      Ok I'd didn't have time to go through 900 pages of this so I don't know if my question has been answered.
      When I edit most maps with advanced map in pokemon ruby it will mess up my game by making it start up with a white screen. I've tried thee hole 128k save file thing and it didn't work. I won't even edit the script and it gets screwed up. All I will do is change the size (sometimes), or add people or just change the ground. On routes an that kind of thing I have no problem with but if I change let's say little root town it screws up. I usually try to put in my own maps and just use that but I can't add the chose pokemon script or the poked script or any other specials without it getting messed up. I would love some help on figuring out why.
      Thx in advance!!!!
      Old December 22nd, 2012 (3:50 AM).

Nature: Lax
        What is the offset for the "come out of truck and your mom greets you" script in Pokemon Ruby?

In your own Steven-y way.
        Old December 22nd, 2012 (8:31 AM).
        What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by TaichiWind View Post
          What is the offset for the "come out of truck and your mom greets you" script in Pokemon Ruby?
          The offset is at $14D5EF.
          Old December 23rd, 2012 (2:03 PM).

Anyone know how to add a complete new tileset in Advance Map? I'm hacking Emerald and I want to add DP and Platinum tiles into it, but I don't want to damage or change any of the prexisting Emerald tiles. I've seen some people with whole new customs tilesets (with insanely large tileset numbers), but aren't that many tutorials out there. I did see LU-HO's tutorial, but it is closed and most of the links and pictures are broken. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :3
            Old December 23rd, 2012 (3:42 PM).

Yeah..., it's been a while ever since I posted last...
              >Though... Question...

How does one edit Abilities, (their effect in battle/name/description/etc.)?
              Old December 23rd, 2012 (8:42 PM).
              Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
                Can somebody please explain to me the basics of tables and how to create them?
                Old December 23rd, 2012 (9:18 PM).
                Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
                  Can somebody please explain to me the basics of tables and how to create them?
                  Locate the table, write down everything...
                  Old December 23rd, 2012 (9:22 PM).
                  Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by itman View Post
                    Locate the table, write down everything...
                    I mean, what's the basic structure and how would I make one?
                    Old December 23rd, 2012 (9:25 PM).

Nature: Careful
                      I've got a few questions. Fire Red.

Eevee. YAPE and Pokemon Editor included in the Pokemon Game Editor only allow for five evolutions max. Is there any way I can expand that to include Glaceon and Leafeon?
                      Is there also any way for me to alter or add evolution methods? I don't mind hex editing, but I'd prefer not to.

Is there a max number of trainer sprites I can have? I'm using the JPAN's Hacked Engine, if it makes a difference. I know there's a bunch of overworlds possible, but I don't recall reading anything about sprites.

Is it possible to have tiles from a bunch of different tilesets in one map? Like the Celadon Department Story and Pewter's museum in one map?
                      Old December 24th, 2012 (4:51 AM).
                      hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!

Nature: Bashful
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Nara567 View Post
                        I've got a few questions. Fire Red.

Eevee. YAPE and Pokemon Editor included in the Pokemon Game Editor only allow for five evolutions max. Is there any way I can expand that to include Glaceon and Leafeon?
                        Is there also any way for me to alter or add evolution methods? I don't mind hex editing, but I'd prefer not to.

Is there a max number of trainer sprites I can have? I'm using the JPAN's Hacked Engine, if it makes a difference. I know there's a bunch of overworlds possible, but I don't recall reading anything about sprites.

Is it possible to have tiles from a bunch of different tilesets in one map? Like the Celadon Department Story and Pewter's museum in one map?
                        I think most of your questions require either ASM or editing the game engine, especially the restriction removal of number of evolutions. Max number of trainer sprites I think can be increased if you repoint the sprite the trainer data uses for each trainer (not sure on that though)

As for your tileset data, unless you can fit all of those tiles into the same tileset, no unless you, again, edit the game engine or use ASM. My advice - get your favourite tiles from these and put them in as one tileset (but do not forget the pallette limitations that the GBA has as well in the games)

Temmie vibrates intensely.

awwAwa cute!! (pets u)

OMG!! humans TOO CUTE (dies)

can't blame a BARK for tryin'...

RATED TEM OUTTA TEM.

Old December 24th, 2012 (1:31 PM).

Nature: Careful
                          Ah, that's what I thought. Unfortunately, I have no experience with ASM. =/

I have some more questions, though. Fire Red, with JPAN's hacked engine.

Is there a way to store the player's party somewhere, temporarily change the OW and give a new party, and then when the OW is changed back, return the original party? As if you're "switching" players temporarily.

Is there a way to have a partner battle, like Steven's in Emerald, in Fire Red? I don't recall there being any partner battles last time I played through, but I figure if FRLG were just deposits of RSE, it's probably in there somewhere.
                          Old December 24th, 2012 (2:46 PM).
                          Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
                            Can anyone please help me on inserting Battle Backgrounds?

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
                            Old December 24th, 2012 (5:46 PM).

How do you change where the player starts?
                              Old December 25th, 2012 (10:31 AM).

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by monster6286 View Post
                                How do you change where the player starts?
                                There are two programs I've come across, probably more I just haven't seen them, but there is Intro Editor by MewThree and Start Map Chooser Advance (SMCA) by HackMew. SMCA is far more in depth that Into Editor and is a much better option. Both are simple and easy to use.
                                Old December 25th, 2012 (1:51 PM).
                                Dialga Fangirl

Nature: Timid
                                  Hi folks, quick Q:

How do I go about changing the music that's played when you fight a Gym Leader/Elite 4? I want the normal Trainer Battle theme to play instead.
                                  Old December 25th, 2012 (6:45 PM).

Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
                                    Hi folks, quick Q:

How do I go about changing the music that's played when you fight a Gym Leader/Elite 4? I want the normal Trainer Battle theme to play instead.
                                    Intro Music (I believe that is what you mean by battle theme) can be changed right in Advance Trainer. Just search for their names and change their theme number to whatever a regular trainer has. If I remember correctly, the Intro Music option is directly next to the sprite, or at least in that general area.
                                    Old December 25th, 2012 (7:39 PM).

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                                      Intro Music (I believe that is what you mean by battle theme) can be changed right in Advance Trainer. Just search for their names and change their theme number to whatever a regular trainer has. If I remember correctly, the Intro Music option is directly next to the sprite, or at least in that general area.
                                      I think the question wasn't how to change the intro music (which is quite clear) but how to change the music that plays during the battle :] This question was asked rather often but never actually answered :o And actually this is my question too and i searched the entire thread for an answer :< It was said once (about 100 pages before) that it is possible to change the music that is linked to a certain trainer class e.g. that the gym leader (battle) theme is played when you challenge a trainer of the class boss but i didn't find an answer to this :(

So here's my question: How can i change the music playing against a special class of trainers.

@FireFox: In the script helping thread and here:
                                      sfc [dot] pokefans [dot] net / lesson [dot] php?id=13&lang=en (damn spam-filter i'm too new to post URLs or hyperlinks :< )
                                      you can find a tutorial how to change the music that plays for a single battle :) As I'm planning to have a different battle music playing against the opposing team this would be too much :< but for your needs it seems to be enough :) Hope it helped :)
                                      Old December 26th, 2012 (7:08 AM).
                                      Dialga Fangirl

Nature: Timid
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by SchokoInc View Post
                                        I think the question wasn't how to change the intro music (which is quite clear) but how to change the music that plays during the battle :] This question was asked rather often but never actually answered :o And actually this is my question too and i searched the entire thread for an answer :< It was said once (about 100 pages before) that it is possible to change the music that is linked to a certain trainer class e.g. that the gym leader (battle) theme is played when you challenge a trainer of the class boss but i didn't find an answer to this :(

So here's my question: How can i change the music playing against a special class of trainers.

@FireFox: In the script helping thread and here:
                                        sfc [dot] pokefans [dot] net / lesson [dot] php?id=13&lang=en (damn spam-filter i'm too new to post URLs or hyperlinks :< )
                                        you can find a tutorial how to change the music that plays for a single battle :) As I'm planning to have a different battle music playing against the opposing team this would be too much :< but for your needs it seems to be enough :) Hope it helped :)
                                        Thanks for the assist but unfortunately it didn't help. Following that guide, the music was still as it was. I completely forgot that this ROM I'm trying to edit has already been hacked. All of the music has been replaced (well, new tracks have been added, the original music is still there). Anyways, somewhere in the hex there's got to be something that says: "If tclass = Leader then playsong LEADER_THEME". If I can find this hex value, switch it to the Trainer song, then I'll be happy! Just wish I knew where it was.
                                        Old December 26th, 2012 (7:41 AM).
                                        Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
                                          Quote:
                                          Simple answer? There's no easy way to do it. It's all determined by ASM with no "hex table".
                                          I've created ASM which lets you create such a table, as well as define regional music, but both "full" answers require ASM.
                                          Old December 26th, 2012 (8:29 AM).

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
                                            Simple answer? There's no easy way to do it. It's all determined by ASM with no "hex table".
                                            I've created ASM which lets you create such a table, as well as define regional music, but both "full" answers require ASM.
                                            So it is possible? :) I think a tool which lets you do this would be awesome *-* but otherwise creating tools is anything but light and easy work i guess :< Anyways could you please give some sort of light tutorial? :) (this would also end many questions ^-^) I have to admit I'm quite new to ASM myself and more in the
                                            "glad I actually understand what it is doing... somehow" phase than in the actual phase where i can crease ASM code myself :<

And is there a way how i could change the personality value of a given pokemon? :) (for example i want eevee to evolve either to espeon or to umbreon depending on the personality value and the eevee you get in fire red should always evolve into espeon :) )

Thats almost it my last question is if it would be possible (which i highly belive) to expand the kanto-dex in fire-red to 251 pokemon and how to do it (I only have to change some hex variables don't I? :) ) :)
                                            Old December 26th, 2012 (3:02 PM).
                                            vitamurmillo vitamurmillo is offline

Is there a tool anywhere specifically for changing the titlescreen in FR/LG? I could only find one tutorial, and that was incomplete.
                                              Old December 26th, 2012 (3:02 PM).
                                              Dark Energy is back in action! ;)

Quote:
                                                So it is possible? :) I think a tool which lets you do this would be awesome *-* but otherwise creating tools is anything but light and easy work i guess :< Anyways could you please give some sort of light tutorial? :) (this would also end many questions ^-^) I have to admit I'm quite new to ASM myself and more in the
                                                "glad I actually understand what it is doing... somehow" phase than in the actual phase where i can crease ASM code myself :<
                                                http://static.patater.com/gbaguy/gba/ch1.htm
                                                Old December 26th, 2012 (4:51 PM).
                                                Stellar

Nature: Serious
                                                  1. Does anyone know how to change the text that is displayed once you've captured a pokemon and if it's going to be sent to a PC? I don't know the exact text it says, but can you change the text that says something like "Your party is full! Pokemon was sent to Box number here in your PC instead."

2. Does anyone know how to change the events that happen if you black out?

3. Does anyone know how to stop the PC from healing your Pokemon when you deposit them?

Thanks to anyone who can answer these.
                                                  Closed Thread

Quick Reply