• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 14, 2010
Apparently this script is too big. whats wrong with it
Spoiler:

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
for some reason when debuging this
Spoiler:

it says, no #org/#seek directories were found. cannot compile,
this appears when i debug it or click compile could you please point out the problem

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
for some reason when debuging this
Spoiler:

it says, no #org/#seek directories were found. cannot compile,
this appears when i debug it or click compile could you please point out the problem

You forgot a # before the dynamic. Maybe that's your problem. Re-post if that did not work.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Code:
checkflag 0x89[COLOR="Red"]Z[/COLOR]

Um......
There's no 'Z' in hex.
Code:
num - hex
0 - 0
1 - 1
2 - 2
3 - 3
4 - 4
5 - 5
6 - 6
7 - 7
8 - 8
9 - 9
10 - A
11 - B
12 - C
13 - D
14 - E
15 - F
16 - 10
...etc

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Spoiler:

There's a lot more stuff screwed up. For example, you don't have a compare LASTRESULT after the msgbox 0x5 and you can't send ba pointer to text without the msg box command. Also, Destinedjagold is right too. But only use flags 0x1000 and above please.

Fixes in bold.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Is there any script that can check to see if you have a certain Pokemon? For example, something like checkpokemon 0xPokemon#?

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Is there any script that can check to see if you have a certain Pokemon? For example, something like checkpokemon 0xPokemon#?

Yes, there is. (Only works in FireRed)
Code:
[FONT=monospace]setvar 0x8004 0x[pokemon number in hex]
special2 0x800D 0x17C
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @youHaveThePokemon[/FONT]
For information on what the codes do, go to diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial.

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
Hi,

I am kind of new to this and I need some help. I started out with small scripts first, but now I am trying something new. It complies fine and stuff, but it just wont run when I step on the script square.

#org $start
checkflag 0x829
if 0x1 goto $script
if 0x0 goto $script2

#org $script
jingle
message $Gfirst
$Gfirst 1 = GREEN: Hey you!
boxset 6
clearflag 0x1215
showsprite 7
applymovement 7 $walk
$walk 1 ; #binary 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13
pausemove 0
applymovement 0xFF $look
$look 1 ; #binary 0x02 0xFE
pausemove 0
message $2
$2 1 = GREEN: ...........
boxset 6
lock
faceplayer
trainerbattle 0x03 0x203 $win
$win 1 = ...........
message $after
$after 1 = Impressive!
boxset 6
applymovement 7 $walk2
$walk2 1 ; #binary 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x03 0x01 0x01 0x01 0x01
pausemove 0
removesprite 7
setflag 0x1215
setvar 0x6000 0x0001
release
end

#org $script2
release
end

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • OZ
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
Hi,

I am kind of new to this and I need some help. I started out with small scripts first, but now I am trying something new. It complies fine and stuff, but it just wont run when I step on the script square.

Any ideas?

have you set the var number in advance map to match the var you set in the script?

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2016
I have an error in the battles with Gary, I'm making a Yellow Remake (in Brazilian Portuguese, yes, I'm Brazilian :P), but in the first battle with Gary, after I defeat he, Pikachu learns "Tail Whip", and the message appears "TAIL WHIP derrotou RIVAL GARY!" (TAIL WHIP defeated RIVAL GARY!), and ALL the battles with he, after I defeat he, appears: " derrotou RIVAL GARY!" ( defeated RIVAL GARY!). How I solve this?!?!

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
Start using XSE ;)
That way you will surely get more help.

I dont really like XSE, but I fixed the problem. All I had to do was update the Advmap. I do have a question though. In FireRed, when you start a new game, and go outside the house, you do not see Prof. Oak until you go to the script boxes above. Once you go to the script boxes above he randomly appears on the tile that it shows him on in Advmap, how do I do this?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I dont really like XSE, but I fixed the problem. All I had to do was update the Advmap. I do have a question though. In FireRed, when you start a new game, and go outside the house, you do not see Prof. Oak until you go to the script boxes above. Once you go to the script boxes above he randomly appears on the tile that it shows him on in Advmap, how do I do this?

Try looking at how Professor Oak is set up... his settings ya know?

Lanzar

~Zelda fan #1~
Years
I need help with my givepokemon script. The character doesn't say or give anything, just a clicking sound...

Game: FireRed
Program: XSE
Code:
#dynamic 0x8015BB

#org @start
checkflag 0x828
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @1 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @take
msgbox @2 0x6
release
end

#org @take
givepokemon 0x1 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @3 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x828
msgbox @4 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @name
msgbox @5 0x6
release
end

#org @name
call 0x1A74EB
return

#org @done
msgbox @6 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= BLU: Hello!\nI've been waiting for you.\n[...]With your new POKéMON in hand, a new life starts.\nYou will meet new POKéMON,\nother trainers and explore the world!\pWell, enough chitchatting, now here you go.

#org @2
= What? You won't accept it!?

#org @3
= [black_fr]You received a Whismur!

#org @4
= [black_fr]Would you like to give a\nnickname to Whismur?

#org @5
= Good luck!

#org @6
= Ah, hello.\nHow's it going?

Last edited:

Goldie

Trainer from the Boonies
Years
Need help changing an NPC's movement

Game: Pokemon Ruby
Script editor: XSE
Script type: Person event

screenhunter01feb241056.gif

I am trying to edit the script of your rival in Oldale town, after you battle him/her for the first time. I've changed the text of what they say, but now I need to make him/her move to the right, rather than down. I tried changing all of the #raw 0x8 'Step Down (Normal) to #raw 0x8 'Step Right (Normal), and compiling the script. But if I go back to editing it again, it goes right back to being 'Step Down (Normal), no matter how much I try to change it. I'm guessing that I'm probably making some silly mistake. Anyways, as you can see in the picture above, I want the rival to move to the right, jump over that ledge, and leave the map. I'll post the entire script below.
Also, I was wondering if there would be anyway to remove the option to play as a girl in the game. Any way to exclude the gender option from the introduction, so you must play as a boy, like in the older generation games.

Thanks in advance for your help! I'd prefer if you send your help via PM, because I think I'd have trouble finding it here. Your help is much appreciated.

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back