• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon - Harry Potter Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 3, 2016
Hack of: fire red

Hey guys, I'll be working on a Harry Potter/Pokemon Hack
Characters
If you are:
A Boy- You will be Potter
A Girl - you guys pick
The Rival - Draco Malfoy (main rival), Voldemort(In-side the story)
Mom - Petunia (Boy) Default(Girl)
Father - Vernon (Boy) None for now(Girl)

Exploration
Game will feature Sorcerer's stone
then you get to travel to Kanto for post game then after kanto will be Chamber of Secrets

Beta Testers
I will need beta testers. Message me to be a beta tester if interested (2 more slots are open)
So far the beta testers are
1. Mugdho01
2. Radioactive Greninja
3. Delta231
4. (OPEN)
5. (OPEN)

Downloads
Coming Soon!!!!

Working on hack, one of the things I need to edit the sprites aren't working, thanks for giving some ideas, I made changes to some of the ideas, so if there are questions or better ideas tell me

Also, had to change from fire red to platinum because in the overworld rebirth edition I keep getting error9

Last edited:

Kabocha❤

Feeling sleepy...
Years
Er, how do you plan on incorporating magic and so on? Is Pokemon training the equivalent of magic in your world, if so, then do real life animals exist? Why would you play through Kanto, when not only is that boring, but it also doesn't make much sense? And for your information, it's beta testers, not betas which has a completely different meaning when used to refer to a person. Also, you're probably nowhere near a beta, a beta is an almost complete game, a better term would be alpha or demo. Anyways, good luck!

Happy and at peace. :)
Years
Hack of: Fire Red

Hey guys, I'll be working on a Harry Potter/Pokemon Hack
Characters
If you are:
A Boy- You will be Potter
A Girl - Betas and you guys pick
The Rival - Dudly Dursley
Mom - Petunia (Boy) Default(Girl)
Father - Vernon (Boy) None for now(Girl)

Exploration
You will get to experience Kanto and maybe the 1st Year of Hogwarts
Takes place Summer of 1991

Betas
I will need betas. Message me to be a beta if interested (need 5)
So far the betas are
1. (OPEN)
2. (OPEN)
3. (OPEN)
4. (OPEN)
5. (OPEN)

Downloads
Coming Soon!!!!
As Kabocha-Chan said, betas are different from beta testers. How will the magic system work? Why is the rival Dudley and not Voldemort?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 3, 2016
How I intend to do magic is kind of like pokemon training only you'll receive a wand or you might use yourself and there will be a spell book and because of Kanto, is because the story will be similar except with some minor and major changes and the post game will feature Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone's story and Chamber of Secrets w/ Kanto taking place the Summer of 1991 becuase the next game will be the gold/silver story

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 3, 2016
As Kabocha-Chan said, betas are different from beta testers. How will the magic system work? Why is the rival Dudley and not Voldemort?

I fixed the Beta testers and thank you and thank you kibo, but for your second question is Voldemort will be an after game rival and you actually live with dudley. but if people want a sequel after completion here's what the plan is

Plan
Game #1 (Red/Blue Story)
Some of Kanto
Sorcerer's Stone
Chamber of Secrets
Game #2: (Gold/Silver story)
Some of Johto
Prisoner of Azkaban
Game # 3 (Ruby/Saphire)
Hoenn
Goblet of Fire
Game #5 (Diamond/Pearl)
Sinnoh
Order of the Pheonix
Game #6 (Black/White)
Unova
Halfblood Prince
Deathly Hallows (gonna try to include these first regions)
Game #7 (Black2/White2)
Most complicated since the switch between game/script/game/script

Kabocha❤

Feeling sleepy...
Years
I'n highly against the idea of the main game being a reskin of Kanto, not only has that been done to death, but you'll never capture the feeling of wonder and magic of the Potter series without its world. Also, how do Pokemon and Magic coeexist? Are Muggles a thing? What does Hogwarts exactly do?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 3, 2016
I'n highly against the idea of the main game being a reskin of Kanto, not only has that been done to death, but you'll never capture the feeling of wonder and magic of the Potter series without its world. Also, how do Pokemon and Magic coeexist? Are Muggles a thing? What does Hogwarts exactly do?

So, you'll jump into the world of Harry Potter and the magic w/ Hogwarts, I give you the Kanto so you can have a pet that follows you around hogwarts and magic might be where you play as your character and like pokemon, it levels you up like a pokemon, but I'll try and have it to where when you faint, you'll black out since in soime battles you play as yourself with magic and the story will be featured from both sides

I'm jumping some ideas off from me and you guys, so this isn't a full description of game some of it might change throughout the the edits of hacks

I'll release a demo/alpha(v 0.01) of the game once I have it up to the first gym so people can see what the game is like and once you do the v0.01 I'll give you something so you can test magic and you guys will say what you think of hack so far

Then, once I add the changes and bring it the 4th gym, I'll release v0.5 which will be the open beta for everyone

Then v0.8 will have the rest of sorcerer's stone

And finally, version 1 will have full game getting minor updates

Kabocha❤

Feeling sleepy...
Years
So, you'll jump into the world of Harry Potter and the magic w/ Hogwarts, I give you the Kanto so you can have a pet that follows you around hogwarts and magic might be where you play as your character and like pokemon, it levels you up like a pokemon, but I'll try and have it to where when you faint, you'll black out since in soime battles you play as yourself with magic and the story will be featured from both sides

I'm jumping some ideas off from me and you guys, so this isn't a full description of game some of it might change throughout the the edits of hacks

I'll release a demo/alpha(v 0.01) of the game once I have it up to the first gym so people can see what the game is like and once you do the v0.01 I'll give you something so you can test magic and you guys will say what you think of hack so far

Then, once I add the changes and bring it the 4th gym, I'll release v0.5 which will be the open beta for everyone

Then v0.8 will have the rest of sorcerer's stone

And finally, version 1 will have full game getting minor updates

why do you need kanto for you to have a pokemon besides you in hogwarts

Kabocha❤

Feeling sleepy...
Years
Why don't you just make Pokemon training a thing in the wizard world, both a hobby and a popular study subject alongside magic, or you could just replace magic with Pokemon training altogether.
Also, playing as yourself in battles would be noticeably hard to implement well, it'll require some script shenanigans and it would feel awkward because the entire menu and stuff is designed around Pokemon you own, not sending yourself into battle and telling yourself what to do.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 3, 2016
Why don't you just make Pokemon training a thing in the wizard world, both a hobby and a popular study subject alongside magic, or you could just replace magic with Pokemon training altogether.
Also, playing as yourself in battles would be noticeably hard to implement well, it'll require some script shenanigans and it would feel awkward because the entire menu and stuff is designed around Pokemon you own, not sending yourself into battle and telling yourself what to do.

it is a thing and itll be a subject, im trying to get the overworld sprites to work though

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 2, 2018
Um so I really want to join in on the beta testing so can I get a slot I already have a emulator and I'm not good at hacking AT ALL:cry: so just let me know if I get a slot then send me the beta download Link thanks.:blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back