• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Hybrid Version - UPDATED [15/05/2016] - New Screenshots

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
Hello everyone. I'm so sorry for not posting the update yesterday but, i had a little complication.

On Sunday morning when i woke up, i couldn't hear out of my right ear. I had a crappy day waiting at hospital. Trying to fix this asap. I should be back tomorrow or on Wednesday.

Thanks for your understanding,

TheRealOCD

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
Years
Hello everyone. I'm so sorry for not posting the update yesterday but, i had a little complication.

On Sunday morning when i woke up, i couldn't hear out of my right ear. I had a crappy day waiting at hospital. Trying to fix this asap. I should be back tomorrow or on Wednesday.

Thanks for your understanding,

TheRealOCD

I really hope you get better and don't worry take your time with this hack your health is much more important. We all have many important things we have to do or just come up.

Even if people don't understand which i gather most people will, but being negative would feel alittle selfish and wouldn't really be too encouraging for you.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
I really hope you get better and don't worry take your time with this hack your health is much more important. We all have many important things we have to do or just come up.

Even if people don't understand which i gather most people will, but being negative would feel alittle selfish and wouldn't really be too encouraging for you.

Thanks! I'm not at my best right now but I'm going to start working on the hack again! :)

Updates coming soon! :P

EDIT: New screenshot!

6908060_orig.png

Just a little screenshot from an event that happens at the beginning of Pokemon: Hybrid Version!

Last edited:

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
Hello everyone! Sorry for the inactivity, I've been pretty busy this week!
I have family coming over for the Holidays so we had to clean the whole house!

Anyways, as for Pokemon: Hybrid Version, I'm still working on it!
Should have an update soon so, stay tuned!

Bye for now! :P

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I like the ideas and the development you've put into the characters, but I feel the maps you've shown off could use a little work. I've made a list of a couple of suggestions.

General
- You didn't use the shaded tile for tree groups.
- In FRLG, the rock tile that goes on top of cliffs isn't intended to be walked on. There's no reason why it can't be used that way, so do what your heart desires.
- I generally find your mountains too straight. Back when I was really into ROM Hacking I made Game Freak style maps like you do, so the trees were straight lines, but even Game Freak doesn't do straight mountains. Curves make everyone everything look better.

Norston Town
I like the layout of the town! However,
- There are no barriers in the water. How unrestricted do you plan on making the surfing?

Route 1
- I generally find it looks weird when trees stop just short of a cliff face like you've done. Using this
1.jpg
tile by pushing the entire cliff face down 1 tile looks better.
- There's nothing to force the player into tall grass?

Vertrose City (love the name. green rose? thank you elementary school french)
-Why does the road go right up to some buildings but not others?
- I try to avoid one tile wide staircases (are they called staircases? They go up cliffs, but I don't know what else to call them) because they feel cramped.
- Also, three mountain layers on top of each other looks fine, anything more looks strange. You can put some space between cliff faces like this
2_1.jpg

course it doesn't need to be that rocky, but spreading out the mountain layers makes things look nicer.

Route 2
The only problems are the ones already listed. However, I quite like the shape of this map! Good job!

Of course, you can feel free to ignore all of these suggestions if you want. You don't have to listen to me, make what you enjoy making!
Good luck! I look forward to seeing the finished version :)

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
Spoiler:

Thanks for all of your suggestions! I will definitely make some changes to my maps! :P

Last edited:

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
I really enjoy the storyline so far. The Norston Town map is a bit to crowded, but it's pretty nice. Overall it could be a great hack.

;)

Thanks!

Hello everyone! I've been very busy lately so i haven't had much time to work on Pokemon: Hybrid Version. However, I'm trying to have some sort of playable version done by the end of the year!

Heres a little update on the current world map!

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/791a/e6vqo23x31panywzg.jpg

Here is Route 3!

Spoiler:

Hope to bring you more updates soon!

Last edited:

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
Hello everyone! It's been a while since I last gave you guys an update so, here it is!

I've been working a lot in the last few weeks and I'm happy to that there will be an Alpha release soon! I'm not sure exactly when but it's coming! There are a few more things I need to finish up like adding the titlescreen, intro and trainer sprites! I also have a lot of scripting and a few places to map!

Updated World Map
You can check out the updated world map here.

New Logo
Special thanks to Joexv for Pokemon: Hybrid Version's brand new logo!
*Full Image*
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
Hello everyone!

It's been almost three months since I posted an update on here. However, I'm back now!

My plan is to bring you guys a beta by the end of the summer.
I've already started working on the ROM and It's looking good so far!

Stay tuned for updates.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
So, in the meantime, here are few previews of what the indoor tiles and the gym tiles are going to look like!

Indoor:

cK0v9pT.png

Hi! I saw these tiles floating around and tracked them back to here. Did you make them yourself, and are they public? Can you link a source if not?
Thank you!

Back