• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Silvally and its Legendary Status

User19sq

I've thought about this for quite a long time now, (about four hours) after learning that Silvally is actually a Legendary Pokemon. And I think I can take a crack at why it's so odd.

I was thinking of writing an essay that makes arguments against why labeling Silvally as a Legendary Pokemon does more harm that it does justice, citing my reasons in the cold, hard facts present within the main series Pokemon games themselves along the way. Any thoughts?

Years
I just had to check to make sure you were correct about this because I actually didn't know. I think this could be a great article so +1 from me, but under the proviso you cover both sides of the debate. Tell us reasons why it both should and shouldn't be classed as a Legendary mon.

User19sq

I just had to check to make sure you were correct about this because I actually didn't know. I think this could be a great article so +1 from me, but under the proviso you cover both sides of the debate. Tell us reasons why it both should and shouldn't be classed as a Legendary mon.

A bit of a challenge, as my arguments against outweigh anything I can think of for. But if I haven't lost my essay-edge, I usually point out the counter-arguments anyway. Nonetheless, it'd be incredibly apparent that I argue against.

Years
A bit of a challenge, as my arguments against outweigh anything I can think of for. But if I haven't lost my essay-edge, I usually point out the counter-arguments anyway. Nonetheless, it'd be incredibly apparent that I argue against.

As long as the counter-points are covered that's good enough for me.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I've thought about this for quite a long time now, (about four hours) after learning that Silvally is actually a Legendary Pokemon.
To clarify, is this because of how the game (e.g. Rotomdex, and/or game code) itself classifies the species?

I like the idea and reckon it'll be a fun read. And if you're including counter arguments I'm fine with it. Approved! I'll make your thread in the subsection for writing the draft in a bit.

Back