• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Ametrine

Status
Not open for further replies.

pika24

Pokemon Ametrine FTW
Years
Oh, you're gonna love this new update. ;)

The porcupine idea sounds ok, but needs a bit more detail and such. How about like a Poison Porcupine. Has the ability of "Toxic Prick" which pricks the foe every time the trainer switches Pokémon.

Nice that really good. I am in training of being a artist lately :)

Hourglasshero

General Concepts' Designer
Years
hello there hourglasshero here!!!
To begin with Awesome Job Dew and Team on the game!!!!
I like the sprites u made of my fakes!!!
really can't wait for the next update!!!
"sits on the edge of his seat!!!"

pika24

Pokemon Ametrine FTW
Years
hello there hourglasshero here!!!
To begin with Awesome Job Dew and Team on the game!!!!
I like the sprites u made of my fakes!!!
really can't wait for the next update!!!
"sits on the edge of his seat!!!"

well did you get my idea for a fakemon for dew
well here it is

Hey Dew,
that amazing artist that you have that make fakemon, hourglasshero, well I have a suggestion. How about he make a porcupine Pokemon. It new move will be needle assault and the ability prick with deals damage to foes upon attacks

Questions: Do you have any battle animation like a realistic ice beam or rock throw. If not,then add cause it would make your game a whole lot popular

PS..
well i gave up on my game. srry for pming you and nice game and when is that big update.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
well here it is

Hey Dew,
that amazing artist that you have that make fakemon, hourglasshero, well I have a suggestion. How about he make a porcupine Pokemon. It new move will be needle assault and the ability prick with deals damage to foes upon attacks

Questions: Do you have any battle animation like a realistic ice beam or rock throw. If not,then add cause it would make your game a whole lot popular

PS..
well i gave up on my game. srry for pming you and nice game and when is that big update.

The update will be here soon calm down xD
Dew's just finishing up some things before he displays it.

Hourglasshero

Years
Originally Posted by pika24
well here it is

Hey Dew,

PS..

yeah i am working on it!! thanks for the suggestion!!
and thanks for the compliment!!

Last edited:

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
z0MG teaser!
scaryz.png

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2010
That new resolution is boring...so is having the whole city in the same color...
I also don't think the translucent waters, ice, etc looks that great. I find your mapping rather dull. The grass paths are too rectangular, so are the mountains, and then the trees are all over the place making it even more irregular. It's like there is not set style, and it's all too blocky. The tiles are great but their illogical placement (like grass on rocky mountains) isnt.

Last edited:

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
That new resolution is boring...so is having the whole city in the same color...
I also don't think the translucent waters, ice, etc looks that great. I find your mapping rather dull. The grass paths are too rectangular, so are the mountains, and then the trees are all over the place making it even more irregular. It's like there is not set style, and it's all too blocky. The tiles are great but their illogical placement (like grass on rocky mountains) isnt.

Well, then you must obviously not know what Pokemon is. Have you ever played a Pokemon game? There is blocky grass, and blocky mountains. And it's not just Dewitty with the trees that are all over the place. There are other people who map their games like that. In my opinion, it looks much better and more realistic. Since when do you look outside and see perfectly square areas of trees? And of course there is a set style: It's Dew's Style. Also, fangames are changing rapidly. You just have to get used to it.

Now, back on topic: Dew, that teaser looks great. I can't wait to see the big update ;)

The Dewitty

Years

Thanks (?) for giving your opinion. I can't say I'm really interested in it, since you have five posts and haven't shown anything to the community yet (might be wrong there, but I haven't noticed) Also, I don't do my own maps, and your crit is placed on the old version of the game. If you've read the thread, we're working on an update.
So thanks alot for responding, if you can do better, I'd be pleased to see. ;)

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
I love the new clearity of game that is shown in the teaser :) jk.
I am very interested to see what the teaser really shows though.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
I aggree that the new resolution isn't as good as the 16:9, if you want it to be smaller, at least keep the ratio. But I dissaggree with everything else they said. Can't wait for the update!

By the way, how did you make the screen blocky?

pika24

Pokemon Ametrine FTW
Years
Thanks (?) for giving your opinion. I can't say I'm really interested in it, since you have five posts and haven't shown anything to the community yet (might be wrong there, but I haven't noticed) Also, I don't do my own maps, and your crit is placed on the old version of the game. If you've read the thread, we're working on an update.
So thanks alot for responding, if you can do better, I'd be pleased to see. ;)

ahh don't mind him. to extreme well before you go tell people is bad dont hypocrite your self

The Dewitty

Years
sowhee.png

Ametrine has taken on another style! Let me give you a little explanation.
Fangames never get finished, is it? Well, we have the solution for that. Now Ametrine has lowered the aesthetical standards, we can focus on a proper storyline. And as soon as that's done, we can release a demo! With this style, we already mapped entire western Amux, the area you'll play in in our demo. Hope you like it~!

Hourglasshero

Years
really nice dew!!! the screenshot is really nice and u haven't lowered the aesthetic standards u just switched from gen 5 OW to gen 4... which is not a problem!!
KEEP IT UP!!

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
sowhee.png

Ametrine has taken on another style! Let me give you a little explanation.
Fangames never get finished, is it? Well, we have the solution for that. Now Ametrine has lowered the aesthetical standards, we can focus on a proper storyline. And as soon as that's done, we can release a demo! With this style, we already mapped entire western Amux, the area you'll play in in our demo. Hope you like it~!

Its ashame that you switched back mate, I thought that the gen 5 style overworlds added a bit of uniqueness to your game, but ahh well, I bet youl swithch back, once the gen 5 overworld sheets start showing up lol I love the city by the way, the tiles look so fresh and smooth mate, I always look foreword to your updates, so keep it up mate, this is one of the few fan games, that im really looking foreword to playing.

Hourglasshero

Years
Its ashame that you switched back mate, I thought that the gen 5 style overworlds added a bit of uniqueness to your game, but ahh well, I bet youl swithch back, once the gen 5 overworld sheets start showing up lol I love the city by the way, the tiles look so fresh and smooth mate, I always look foreword to your updates, so keep it up mate, this is one of the few fan games, that im really looking foreword to playing.

yeah i told him too but he said that the game would be far from finished if he were to use 5 gen stuff... :( but i totally believe that when the 5th gen sheets come out he will switch it again eventually!!
:)

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
even though he stopped using gen 5 OWs, his game looks very unique.
I know this is random, but it seems like there will be an art museum in that city, lol XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back