• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokémon Essentials, version 13 - 2nd December 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
I have no idea. I never announce releases, I just do them.

Oh that makes sense, I was just wondering because I really want 6th gen Pokemon with proper moves and the fairy type.

Also, I just wanted to point out that something is wrong with Aerial Ace. But I'm sure you already know about that. It seems after you use it, you become invincible for a turn.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Oh that makes sense, I was just wondering because I really want 6th gen Pokemon with proper moves and the fairy type.

Also, I just wanted to point out that something is wrong with Aerial Ace. But I'm sure you already know about that. It seems after you use it, you become invincible for a turn.

I think you mean invisble*.

As for the Generation 6 content, there's this little thread: -link-

Maruno, a question. Will you utilize the efforts from the aforementioned thread for v14, or are you making your own move and ability scripts and such?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
What, and deprive you guys of the joy of making an add-on?

I never said I was adding any Gen 6 stuff to Essentials anyway, and in fact, I don't particularly want to.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Well, seeing as most of it is already made, it's not like you won't add it? Most people would probably consider the official Pokémon as being "Essential". lol

Maruno

Years
What is "essential" is that there's a game engine which can handle things like new Pokémon and items and all that. There are over 600 examples of how to add a new Pokémon, over 500 examples of how to add an item, over 500 examples of how to define a new move (and over 300 examples of how to create a new move function code) and so on. More of the same simply isn't needed; all it'd do is add bloat.

If you happen to want it, and you have all the graphics and audio and everything, then as you said, most of it is already made. Look it up and add it yourself.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
What, and deprive you guys of the joy of making an add-on?

I never said I was adding any Gen 6 stuff to Essentials anyway, and in fact, I don't particularly want to.
First, I didn't like this decision, now I think that not doing gen 6 database is one of the best things for helping the community.

Gen 6 Updates project is one of few times that I see the community working together to do something. I only wish that you, at certain time, port some of these functions/abilities at Essentials since adding everthing isn't a plug and play thing and can consume a good time for the most complex effects when attention errors can be fatal for the project, specially when updating the game to a more up to date Essentials version.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 16, 2014
I can not download it, the wiki takes me to mediefire, but than it only gives me to options to open or save. if I chose save it makes a url shortcut back to the mediafire download site.. everything I tried has lead me back to it, so i'm kind of confused and annoyed.

Years
I can not download it, the wiki takes me to mediefire, but than it only gives me to options to open or save. if I chose save it makes a url shortcut back to the mediafire download site.. everything I tried has lead me back to it, so i'm kind of confused and annoyed.

Must be a problem with the browser you are using, because there is a big bright green button saying "Download" there.

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
I can't imagine why anyone would make an Essentials for RM2K3. From a development standpoint, an Essentials RM2k3 would have even less functionality than RPG Maker XP developed one, and astronomically less than a VX Ace one. I'm of the opinion that the only reason to even develop on RM2k3 at this point is for novelty reasons, since XP and VXA could theoretically create exactly what you wanted to do with enough effort.

TyranntX

Saurian Prince
Years
where would be the best place to look for gen 6 sprites? I ask this because My friend and I are about half done with the Demo for a Fan made Poke'mon game and we need gen 6 poke'mon fr obvious reasons. She says that her version of Essentials doesn't come with them

Maruno

Years
Please don't revive dead threads. A quick search of Google will find you all the sprites you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back