• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Exp share

Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 16, 2018
I've noticed one of my pokemon levels up quicker than the others. I had traded a snorunt over to Alpha Sapphire & evolved it to Froslass. I did super train my Snorunt (partially to get a dawn stone). But I've figured out that while the rest of my team gets 50%, Froslass gets 75%. Why is that? It doesn't have any item or anything, so I can't figure out why it's getting 75%. Any ideas?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Traded Pokemon have always gained more exp than Pokemon you caught or bred yourself. Why it's like that, I don't know, but it's been that way since Gen 1.

Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 16, 2018
Thanks, I guess I haven't traded in pokemon since before the new Exp. Share really, so I never noticed it as much. That's good to know though. Thanks!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Thanks, I guess I haven't traded in pokemon since before the new Exp. Share really, so I never noticed it as much. That's good to know though. Thanks!

Yeah Pokemon traded to a trainer who's not it's OT(Original Trainer) gain 50% more experience. It's been that way since Generation 1. They're also prone to not listening to you should you lack the badges so keep that in mind when trading for Pokemon or moving Pokemon over from one game to another.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I always thought it was to discourage using overpowered Pokemon and they level up faster and don't listen without badges to prevent that.

But that's just speculation. You never know why with GF sometimes.

Back