• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Metallic (2nd Release) (Pokemon Gold Hack)

How should legendaries be included in the game?

• Make them unobtainable, but make it possible to see them for the PokeDex.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
Pokemon Metallic (Gold Hack)

(((Players and feedback needed)))

External download link: https://gbahacks.blogspot.com/2018/05/metallic.html?m=1

Second Release Update

WE'RE ALMOST DONE!!!
A few mapping changes based off feedback were done. :)
The game is now playable past the Pokemon League. I've edited Lt. Surge, Sabrina, Erika, and Janine's gyms (Please go in that order for your own sake). If you want to explore some more of the mapping just to get a glimpse, you can. Feedback on some of those things would be nice too, just be lenient since I haven't polished that up yet, however I am definitely up for some suggestions.
I have yet to edit Wild Pokemon in this region because I need suggestions from you guys.
I've gone through and edited some of the things that were brought to my attention while people were playing. I've balanced out the beginning of the game so it's not too difficult. I hope to continue working on that and I may even go through and change some moves around again because there's a lack of status changing moves especially in the beginning of the game.
Mud Slap's accuracy lowering rate was fixed to 10% since it's strong. Also I edited most of the Pokemon in the first gym to not have Mud-Slap. However I haven't released the edited Move Change document because I hope to change some more.
I changed the wild Pokemon encounters early along so it's not too easy and you're not getting too many rarities earlier in the game.

Pokemon Metallic Description:
This hack was meant to recreate the Pokemon Gold experience without changing it drastically. The point was to "correct" some aspects of the game and make the game a bit more exciting with some new features. Most editing went into the evolutions, stats and move changes, but a lot of work went into the map revamping and the wild Pokemon encounters/ Trainer changes as well. This hack is different, so documents will be provided; Evolution sheet, Pokedex sheet (gives you the base stats and type changes of the evolved forms, since pre-evolved forms weren't necessary), and a Move Change sheet.

It's important to read the documents I've provided before/while playing this game since they contain all the new information for the game including evolutions, move changes, and Pokemon stat changes. (Note: The Pokemon stat changes sheet does not include uneveolved forms since they are not crucial)

Features:
⦁ Slightly simplified/revamped/prettier maps (Most caves are simplified; direct paths instead of walking through grass).
⦁ New evolutions for Pokemon, which are done through stones (i.e. Remoraid has three evolutions; Lapras, Mantine, & Octillery).
⦁ New starters (see below)
⦁ You can see all Pokemon for your pokedex through battles and some can be found in the wild.
⦁ All HM's aren't necessary in this game. The move Cut only needs to be used once. Whirpool and Flash do not need to be used at all.
⦁ All edited moves have 100% accuracy.
⦁ Trade evolutions are done through stones.
⦁ Wild Pokemon/trainers have been edited.
⦁ Evolution Stones, power up items (i.e. mystic water, charcoal, etc.) and lucky eggs are available at the Goldenrod City Department Store. Mystery Berries, Miracle Berries, PP UP, MooMoo Milk, Exp. Share, HP Up, Iron, and Max Revives can be purchased in Ecruteak City.
⦁ More dragons. (i.e. Yanma, Onix, Steelix, Aerodactyl, Victreebell, Gyarados)
⦁ Moves have been edited (every type has at least one move that does 120 damage and 12 PP; some move types have changes as well as their effects; also grass types are more useful now).
⦁ Most Pokemon have a split between their defense/special defense so they're equal. This is also done with Pokemon who have attack and special attack types.
⦁ If a Pokemon is a special attack based pokemon (i.e Alakazam) then they will learn special attack based moves and will likely lack in the attack stat since it's kind of unneccessary. Pokemon who have a physical and a special type (i.e. Stantler, who is now Normal/Psychic) will have an even divide between attack and special attack and the type of moves they learn will match that.
⦁ Over 100 Pokemon have had their movesets, types, stats, or evolutions edited, creating an interesting twist to the game. Pokemon that are normally weak (i.e. Ledian, Butterfree, and Beedrill) have higher and more balanced stats/moves.
⦁ "Twin" Pokemon, which are Pokemon designed to share the same base stats and usually their growth rates/base exp. are the same. (i.e. Ninetales, Houndoom, and Arcanine all share a base stat total of 555 and the same growth rate/base exp. along with their unevolved forms) (Yes, I'm aware "twins" refers to TWO individuals, which was the original plan, however there are some "triplets" who were added after I coined the phrase while developing this game).
⦁ Some Pokemon, instead of typical evolution, share the same stats as their evolved form. (i.e. Scyther and Scizor share the same base stats, growth rates, and base exp. but Scizor is like a "defensive" version of Scyther, who is more offensive.)
⦁ This game is more difficult than the original so training is important. This shouldn't be difficult with VisualBoyAdvance since it has a speed up setting which I suggest you keep handy if needed. Toward the beginning of the game, please be sure to have Pokemon that either don't evolve, or Pokemon that evolve by level handy. Around the second gym, you will be probably between level 20-30. Pokemon who evolve by stone this early in the game need to be evolved at level 30, so if you hit level 30, don't level it past that UNTIL you get to Goldenrod Department Store to evolve them. This is to ensure that you get the best moveset, as most evolved Pokemon learn a better moveset at level 30 when they evolve.
⦁ Since this game takes place before the special/physical split (see below for types), pokemon stats are designed around their types. (i.e. Gengar was a special attack based Pokemon, but ghost (ironically) was considered a physcial attack type, so naturally, I gave Gengar more attack)

Physical Types: Normal, Rock, Ground, Poison, Fighting, Ghost, Bug, Flying, Steel
Special Types: Water, Fire, Electric, Ice, Dark, Psychic, Dragon, Grass

Known Glitches:
⦁ PLEASE DON'T ENTER THE DOOR IN THE GOLDENROD TUNNEL TO GO TO THE BASEMENT UNTIL AFTER YOUV'E BEATEN THE 7TH BADGE AND GONE THROUGH THE GOLDENROD RADIO TOWER!!!! TRAINERS HERE ARE EXTREMELY HIGH LEVEL AND A GLITCH WON'T ALLOW ME TO FIX THE ENTRANCE, SO UNLESS YOU WANT TO DIE INSTANTLY, PLEASE DON'T!
⦁ Swimmers will appear swimming when you encounter them even if they cross onto land. Nothing major, the battles work the same, they just swim on land (lmao)
⦁ Some people walk through things. Please let me know of the ones you notice. (I can't fix the Man who gives you your map)
⦁ DON'T TALK TO THE GUY IN GREEN BY FALKNER. HE WALKS YOU INTO THE WALLS AND THE ONLY WAY OUT IS BY GAMESHARK WALK THROUGH WALLS CODE.
⦁ In the Ruins of Alph, you can enter the caves that are normally unaccessible until you get HM Surf. For your own sake early in the game, don't go in them. I'll fix this in the next release.
⦁ In Fuscia City, a fan has pointed out that walking in the warden's house you cannot exit, please be weary of this and the entire second region considering it is very much not polished or finished. You may explore the region, but keep your saves updated FREQUENTLY to avoid losing your save. Only some parts of the second region are near-finished aforementioned in the post.

Starters

Goldeen: Water/Psychic
Voltorb: Electric/Steel
Sandshrew: Ground/Poison

Attachments

• POKEMONGOLDHACKPOKEMON.rtf
    11.6 KB · Views: 164
  • POKEMONGOLDTWINSANDEVOS.rtf
    3.6 KB · Views: 117
  • POKEMONGOLDHACKMOVES.rtf
    8 KB · Views: 129
  • Pokemon Metallic.ips
    37.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    14.6 KB · Views: 127
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    27.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Capture5.PNG
    Capture5.PNG
    14.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Capture7.PNG
    Capture7.PNG
    30.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Capture10.PNG
    Capture10.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 49
  • Capture6.PNG
    Capture6.PNG
    10.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Capture1B.PNG
    Capture1B.PNG
    35.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Capture2B.PNG
    Capture2B.PNG
    33.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Capture2B2.PNG
    Capture2B2.PNG
    33.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Capture3B.PNG
    Capture3B.PNG
    43.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Capture4B.PNG
    Capture4B.PNG
    23.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Capture7B.PNG
    Capture7B.PNG
    36 KB · Views: 32
  • Capture6B.PNG
    Capture6B.PNG
    32.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Capture5B.PNG
    Capture5B.PNG
    23.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Capture3B2.PNG
    Capture3B2.PNG
    44.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Capture8B.PNG
    Capture8B.PNG
    30.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Capture9B.PNG
    Capture9B.PNG
    24.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Capture10B.PNG
    Capture10B.PNG
    23.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Capture11.PNG
    Capture11.PNG
    32.1 KB · Views: 42
  • B.PNG
    B.PNG
    47.3 KB · Views: 56
  • C.PNG
    C.PNG
    10.1 KB · Views: 77
  • D.PNG
    D.PNG
    11.2 KB · Views: 59
  • E.PNG
    E.PNG
    8.7 KB · Views: 51
  • F.PNG
    F.PNG
    40.9 KB · Views: 47
  • G.PNG
    G.PNG
    10.6 KB · Views: 59
  • H.PNG
    H.PNG
    9.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Pokemon Metallic (2nd Release).ips
    105.9 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Very interesting hack to show my girlfriend gen 2 after she played Prism.

"All HM's aren't necessary in this game. The move Cut only needs to be used once. Whirpool and Flash do not need to be used at all."

She really likes the no HMs part, and me as well, so we might play this soon.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
Very interesting hack to show my girlfriend gen 2 after she played Prism.

"All HM's aren't necessary in this game. The move Cut only needs to be used once. Whirpool and Flash do not need to be used at all."

She really likes the no HMs part, and me as well, so we might play this soon.

I really, really appreciate the support and the comment. I was beginning to think people were uninterested. This hack isn't quite done (Finished up until the Indigo Plateau) and it definitely needs polishing, so please let me know what either of you think. I could really use feedback. Thanks again. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 10, 2021
remoraid having 3 evolutions makes no sense to me whatsoever, imo he should just evolve into octillery like hes supposed to
i dont get how a fish evolves into a lochness monster-like pokemon with a shell, and i can kind of understand mantine, but remoraid evolving into lapras made me scratch my head a bit

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
remoraid having 3 evolutions makes no sense to me whatsoever, imo he should just evolve into octillery like hes supposed to
i dont get how a fish evolves into a lochness monster-like pokemon with a shell, and i can kind of understand mantine, but remoraid evolving into lapras made me scratch my head a bit

Remoraid is a small fish... that turns into an octopus... and that makes sense? Not every Pokemon looks like their evolved form. That was my point in making these evolutions. I mean, look at Magikarp, Feebas, Yamask, Shuppet, Snorunt (for both of it's evolutions), Dratini, Tyrogue, Gloom, and a ton more. It was mostly for fun and to add a twist. I don't see how those evolutions are less bizarre then some of the original ones I've seen.
Thank you for your feedback, though, and I hope this doesn't come across as rude at all. Pokemon doesn't always make sense. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 14, 2020
Hello friend, I really like the premise of this romhack but haven't had time to play it yet. Just wanted to encourage you to keep working on things, and I will try it out ASAP. What things would you like me to focus on?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
Hello friend, I really like the premise of this romhack but haven't had time to play it yet. Just wanted to encourage you to keep working on things, and I will try it out ASAP. What things would you like me to focus on?

Hi there! I really, really appreciate the support and the comment! :)
It would be awesome if I could get feedback on basically anything whether it be unnoticed glitches (I've noticed since this release that some people spawned on tables in houses and that some events make people walk through walls in the beginning) or just suggestions for the flow of the game. Honestly I just need to know if this is a hack worth playing and if it's something someone would enjoy playing since this is my first project. Let me know what you think, and I would highly suggest that you take a look at the documents provided for the move changes and evolutions.
Thanks again so much for the comment and kind words! :)

Last edited:

Aurane

💀
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 2, 2018
Remoraid and Octillery are based on two aquatic animals that fire projectiles for survival. Despite its name, Remoraid is moreso tied to the Archerfish, which fire spurts of water. Octopuses fire ink, of course. They are also both based on two different types of weapons- a revolver and a cannon.

So in this case, the look of the Pokémon isn't what makes them connected. Its what they do. And there's a few Pokémon who do this. Every evolution does make some form of logical sense. You just have to dig into their origins.

Now, onto the hack... I'll give it a try one day. It looks unique enough to give me a bit of a swing. I would encourage removing Remoraids unnecessary additional evolutions, but it doesn't really harm the hack itself, to me.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
Remoraid and Octillery are based on two aquatic animals that fire projectiles for survival. Despite its name, Remoraid is moreso tied to the Archerfish, which fire spurts of water. Octopuses fire ink, of course. They are also both based on two different types of weapons- a revolver and a cannon.

So in this case, the look of the Pokémon isn't what makes them connected. Its what they do. And there's a few Pokémon who do this. Every evolution does make some form of logical sense. You just have to dig into their origins.

Now, onto the hack... I'll give it a try one day. It looks unique enough to give me a bit of a swing. I would encourage removing Remoraids unnecessary additional evolutions, but it doesn't really harm the hack itself, to me.

I can understand where you are coming from. However, I don't think my evolutions are any less logical/suitable than what their original origins were. Sure, if I knew how to edit front/back sprites I would have made it more suitable to the evolution changes. This was mostly to add a fun twist to the game and not necessarily to stick to their origins. It was meant to provide a new outlook to the game and make it original in it's own way.
I really appreciate your feedback, though, and I hope to hear more of what you think. :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 14, 2020
Overall, this looks super-promising to me. Really enjoyed the first bits overall. Just enough freshness on the classic G/S to keep things entertaining with a new team. Will definitely be following along if you keep updating.

TLDR:
- Standardize wild encounters (make Good mons a bit harder to find)
- Ease up on the trainers a little bit
- Changing moves was great so everyone has STAB, but it feels a bit like a hack-and-slash in that a lot of status moves got changed into damage moves
- Get rid of the red mats between areas, all the other route changes look great

New Bark Town

- Professor Elm's wife is sitting on top of the table
- NPC that stops you from leaving town walks into/through the trees
- Red mat for exitting New Bark looks a little bit out of place
- General re-doing of tiles looks great
- Starter names are unchanged, although portraits are "So you want X, the Fire/Grass/Water Pokemon?"
- Starter with the type-boosting item might be too much in the beginning
- Housing internal changes are great, very charming/comfy

Route 29
- No music transition to signal you're leaving New Bark
- The Wild selection is good (6-7 mons?), but the typing variability is a bit low. Normal game gives you a ton of
normal/bug/flying early on, and you added 2 (pretty good) Fire-mons (Houndour + Vulpix); I think those
are 2 of your "twin" mons and you're doing 1 of them per route? Personal preference is to be careful
in giving out "good" pokemon too early, stops me from even wanting to use Pidgey/Sentret/Caterpie, even
if they were buffed, as a knee-jerk thing
- The transition corridor with 2 red mats looks terrible; I assume there's a coding reason for it being
there; I might make it a little bit longer/add some music/terrain, you can see the NPC's despawn
and respawn at each end ATM.
- Getting rid of the grass at the start was a good QoL thing but it feels sorta.. empty?
- The 2x4 tile pond doesn't have a "bottom," maybe extend it a bit farther so the player can't see the trees
until they get surf?
- Dislike the red mat tile in front of the Berry tree
- Pokemon catch/encounter NPC walks onto the water when talking with him

Route 46
- I like the re-mapping you did here
- Music transition works
- Guard house interior looks lovely
- Pokemon variety is perfect

Cherrygrove City
- NPC in the lower right house is "blocking" half the room; no big deal, but would be nice to shift him and the girl
1 tile to the right for more room
- The Mystic Water NPC can be reached immediately, used to require Surf; I think boosting items
in general are available a bit too early. On the other hand the dock looks nice, put a different NPC
there that gives you advice/potion/berry/easy TM/pokemon trade for water type and keep the surfer guy further back?
- Mart and Poke-center look great
- Houses of all the NPC's are identical? o.O
- Rival seems to pick the starter that's weak against you? (had Voltorb, he picked Goldeen)

Route 30
- Berry Tree sprites seem to be somewhat transparent; you can see animated flower tiles underneath them
- Has a much more "un-editted" feel for Wild Encounters (bugs + ponyta); seems inconsistent with earlier variety
available in previous locations. Would like to see encounters standardized to this (more vanilla), or
previous routes (lots of strong, elemental pokemon), either would be fine
- I dislike the 2x2 patches of tall grass with normal grass inbetween; they look nice, but they're annoying
to run back and forth through to encounter stuff
- The route to Mr. Pokemon's house looks super barren, just road + tall grass + trees; add some non-encounter grass/flower
tiles
- The first trainer you encounter has 6 Pokemon, some of which are rare; I think that might be a bit too much. Gives
you a lot of XP/encounter, but the second youngster has a starter + fully evolved (Butterfree) and 4 non-pushover
'mons right after you've gotten 5 Pokeballs; maybe tone it down a little

Route 31
- Dark Cave looks super plain without Flash; boulders in a square, put in a few cliffs?
- Starters shouldn't be available by the 3rd Route, trivializes a lot of other 'Mons
- Really high variety of 'Mons again!
- Tangela in grass might be a bit too early, it's 435 BST alongside Weedle/Sentret/your bad starter
- Goldeen feels weird being available in the Grass instead of aquatic; maybe give the player an early Rod if you
want that?
- Can see the items on the ground spawn as you go through a route transition again

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
Overall, this looks super-promising to me. Really enjoyed the first bits overall. Just enough freshness on the classic G/S to keep things entertaining with a new team. Will definitely be following along if you keep updating.

TLDR:
- Standardize wild encounters (make Good mons a bit harder to find)
- Ease up on the trainers a little bit
- Changing moves was great so everyone has STAB, but it feels a bit like a hack-and-slash in that a lot of status moves got changed into damage moves
- Get rid of the red mats between areas, all the other route changes look great

New Bark Town

- Professor Elm's wife is sitting on top of the table
- NPC that stops you from leaving town walks into/through the trees
- Red mat for exitting New Bark looks a little bit out of place
- General re-doing of tiles looks great
- Starter names are unchanged, although portraits are "So you want X, the Fire/Grass/Water Pokemon?"
- Starter with the type-boosting item might be too much in the beginning
- Housing internal changes are great, very charming/comfy

Route 29
- No music transition to signal you're leaving New Bark
- The Wild selection is good (6-7 mons?), but the typing variability is a bit low. Normal game gives you a ton of
normal/bug/flying early on, and you added 2 (pretty good) Fire-mons (Houndour + Vulpix); I think those
are 2 of your "twin" mons and you're doing 1 of them per route? Personal preference is to be careful
in giving out "good" pokemon too early, stops me from even wanting to use Pidgey/Sentret/Caterpie, even
if they were buffed, as a knee-jerk thing
- The transition corridor with 2 red mats looks terrible; I assume there's a coding reason for it being
there; I might make it a little bit longer/add some music/terrain, you can see the NPC's despawn
and respawn at each end ATM.
- Getting rid of the grass at the start was a good QoL thing but it feels sorta.. empty?
- The 2x4 tile pond doesn't have a "bottom," maybe extend it a bit farther so the player can't see the trees
until they get surf?
- Dislike the red mat tile in front of the Berry tree
- Pokemon catch/encounter NPC walks onto the water when talking with him

Route 46
- I like the re-mapping you did here
- Music transition works
- Guard house interior looks lovely
- Pokemon variety is perfect

Cherrygrove City
- NPC in the lower right house is "blocking" half the room; no big deal, but would be nice to shift him and the girl
1 tile to the right for more room
- The Mystic Water NPC can be reached immediately, used to require Surf; I think boosting items
in general are available a bit too early. On the other hand the dock looks nice, put a different NPC
there that gives you advice/potion/berry/easy TM/pokemon trade for water type and keep the surfer guy further back?
- Mart and Poke-center look great
- Houses of all the NPC's are identical? o.O
- Rival seems to pick the starter that's weak against you? (had Voltorb, he picked Goldeen)

Route 30
- Berry Tree sprites seem to be somewhat transparent; you can see animated flower tiles underneath them
- Has a much more "un-editted" feel for Wild Encounters (bugs + ponyta); seems inconsistent with earlier variety
available in previous locations. Would like to see encounters standardized to this (more vanilla), or
previous routes (lots of strong, elemental pokemon), either would be fine
- I dislike the 2x2 patches of tall grass with normal grass inbetween; they look nice, but they're annoying
to run back and forth through to encounter stuff
- The route to Mr. Pokemon's house looks super barren, just road + tall grass + trees; add some non-encounter grass/flower
tiles
- The first trainer you encounter has 6 Pokemon, some of which are rare; I think that might be a bit too much. Gives
you a lot of XP/encounter, but the second youngster has a starter + fully evolved (Butterfree) and 4 non-pushover
'mons right after you've gotten 5 Pokeballs; maybe tone it down a little

Route 31
- Dark Cave looks super plain without Flash; boulders in a square, put in a few cliffs?
- Starters shouldn't be available by the 3rd Route, trivializes a lot of other 'Mons
- Really high variety of 'Mons again!
- Tangela in grass might be a bit too early, it's 435 BST alongside Weedle/Sentret/your bad starter
- Goldeen feels weird being available in the Grass instead of aquatic; maybe give the player an early Rod if you
want that?
- Can see the items on the ground spawn as you go through a route transition again

Thank you so much for taking the time to write all this out for me. This may not be something I can exactly change for this hack, but in my next project I definitely would love to use these tactics more as I felt the same way you did with a lot of it. This is definitely a first project haha. I don't necessarily consider it to be polished or "great" by any means really. But it's something I've enjoyed doing and I was hoping it may help to get some inspiration from what everyone has to say. I'll definitely be going back on what you said and try to fix some of the things for the next release which will hopefully be the final one.
Thanks so much again, it's so good to hear some good, honest and constructive feedback!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
Hello everyone! I'm really needing some motivation on this game and would love to have some feedback so I can finish this hack up. My laptop has been breaking and it's hard to work on so I haven't done much more even though there's not too much more to do.

I may wait for the third and hopefully final release until I get more feedback and inspiration from everyone. I'd also like to see if it's even worth continuing on with or if it'll just die as my first ever and incomplete hack.

Hope you guys have been well. :)
Let me know what you think.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Yeah I'm also not a big fan of the whole Remoraid thing mainly with evolving into Lapras, although I guess if it means having a easy Lapras without having to wait till Friday anymore (and before getting Surf since I think the former is a rod pokemon normally) I guess I could accept this.

Sounds like a great hack though, its like a version of Polished Crystal for Gold cept with its own unique charms. Looking forward to trying this once the final version is released.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 6, 2022
I have been playing this hack for a week now and i really enjoying it because its a fresh experience of the usual gen2 hacks i really wish you have the motivation to finish it. Great hack keep up the good work

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah I'm also not a big fan of the whole Remoraid thing mainly with evolving into Lapras, although I guess if it means having a easy Lapras without having to wait till Friday anymore (and before getting Surf since I think the former is a rod pokemon normally) I guess I could accept this.

Sounds like a great hack though, its like a version of Polished Crystal for Gold cept with its own unique charms. Looking forward to trying this once the final version is released.

Thank you so much for your feedback. Planning on getting back to work on this soon. :) there are three gyms completed after the Plateau as well. Glad you're enjoying it. :D message or comment and let me know any glitches or suggestions you have. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
I have been playing this hack for a week now and i really enjoying it because its a fresh experience of the usual gen2 hacks i really wish you have the motivation to finish it. Great hack keep up the good work

This means so much to me :) thank you so much. I'll be picking back up not his in the near future. So keep updated on the forum. Lemme know any suggestions or glitches you find and thanks for the feedback. <3

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
I've decided on the types for the original starters for gen 1 and 2 and also added Sentret/Furret's new types. However I need help on a couple of these so let me know what you guys think.

Bulbasaur- Dragon/Grass
Charmander- Fire/Dragon
Squirtle- Water/Steel
Chikorita- Dragon/Grass or Grass/Psychic
Cyndaquil- Fire/Rock
Totodile- Water/Fighting or Water/Dark

Sentret- Normal/Ground

Let me know what you guys think. Leave suggestions in messages or comments. :p

Aurane

💀
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 2, 2018
I've decided on the types for the original starters for gen 1 and 2 and also added Sentret/Furret's new types. However I need help on a couple of these so let me know what you guys think.

Bulbasaur- Dragon/Grass
Charmander- Fire/Dragon
Squirtle- Water/Steel
Chikorita- Dragon/Grass or Grass/Psychic
Cyndaquil- Fire/Rock
Totodile- Water/Fighting or Water/Dark

Sentret- Normal/Ground

Let me know what you guys think. Leave suggestions in messages or comments. :p
I'd like to share my thoughts. Keep in mind that these are merely my opinions and you are free to ignore them.

Bulbasaur - I would recommend Ground-Typing so that it differentiates from your Charmander and gains access to STAB Ground for Steel-Types.

Charmander - I agree with this, but not immediately. You should wait until its a Charizard, THEN make it a Dragon-Type. So both Charmander and Charmeleon stay Fire, then Charizard becomes Fire/Dragon.

Squirtle - No arguments here. Would make him a lot more interesting.

Chikorita - Chikorita and its evolutions are based off of an extinct dinosaur, so why not Grass/Rock? You'd be taking a hit off of fossil Pokémon and give Chikorita a unique typing that's very effective.

Cyndaquil - If you take my advice above, try Fire/Ground. If not, then I agree with Fire/Rock. Similar to Charizard, I recommend waiting until it evolves into Quilava. Quilava and Typhlosion are known as the Volcano Pokémon, so it makes sense.

Totodile - Water/Dark would be what I would go for. Its a great typing and it fits Totodile and its evos.

Sentret - That works. It spaces it out from other Normal-Types and gives it two immunities.

You're doing a good job bud. Keep it up.

Back