• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] [RMXP] Release: Still working on the name (beta)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022

nQ933O5.png
Spoiler:

Intro:
Cfdq4ws.png
Hi, for almost 7 years I'm losing and remaking this idea of mine. I really did not want to release this game, as it is short, but maybe there's someone out here who's willing to help me construct and organize my thoughts or maybe even add some ideas.

Story:
Set in rby timeline, you're a Pokemon trainer who'll just roam around the region(s). You have the freedom to explore KANTO, HOENN and JOHTO, albeit there's still some road blocks ahead of you.
*You'll need to acquire HM or wait for whoever the protagonist is on the region to unlock it.

Features:

• Gen1&2 gfx style
  • Full Hoenn Devamp
  • Explore Kanto, Johto and Hoenn in GBC style

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
sTjaCMg.png

Download:CREDITS

Spoiler:

*please let me know if there's a content that belongs to you that needs permission/needs to be removed.

CSS by PEDRO13, Clacla and Pia Carrot, Edited by me. Please contact me if you want to take it down.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
wow this is impressive, I'll give it a go

EDIT: Can you offer a MEGA link or mediafire link? Zippyshare takes me to a deadend when I try to download.

EDIT 2: Nevermind downloading now. Zippyshare was being a jerk for a moment.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
Thanks, feel free to critize and correct mistakes in the game. Suggestions are very much appreciated.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Hmmm. I cant seem to get to Bill at the start of the game. Theres just blackness where more of the road leading to Cerulean Cape should be.

Also I almost overlooked collecting th epokedex, you should make that more apparent considering. And in Cerulean Gym one can walk on the water instead of being blocked from doing so when they walk on the wood pathways leading to Misty.

There are a few spelling errors but nothing too problematic besides the map issue cited above.

On the matter of cerulean gym, why does misty have Scald If we're supposed to fight her so early in the game, Scald makes battling her near-impossible, especially since most of the pokemon in the area around Cerulean have low special defense and are physical sweepers most of the time. There isnt even one grass type anywhere to take into the battle in the few grassy spots around Cerulean which makes it a little too difficult.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
Maybe that's a "snapedge" problem, didn't notice it. THANK YOU.

About the cerulean gym, yeah. Forgot to modify the tile-set there, thank you again. About Misty, I intentionally put that move for the difficulty though you can skip her and it will not affect the game.

Do you think I should remove scald? Thank you for having the time to play-test this. TBH this is an early beta. Thank you again.

Any suggestions so far?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Well, thats a hard thing to argue...On one hand Scald makes a great challenge, but one would need something that can withstand the might of the attack. And even then Scald can make grass types wither away due tot he burn chance.

But I would argue that you would need to have gym leaders' level curve match the levels of your own pokemon so that gyms you skip dont end up being too easy to beat while not being too hard to beat either. But that may be much to impliment at such an early point of this game's development. As such I say leave Misty as is, as such when I get back to her later it wont be a issue.

Just fix the issue with Cerulean cape as soon as you can and I should be fine for now.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
thank you for that, glad you pulled this off before I went to bed. I'll get as far as I can and I'll be sure to chat again tomarrow before work

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Hmm, I tried what you suggested and it didnt seem to do any good. the map is still broken for me and the gym hasnt been fixed of the "walk on water" issue either. I might have done this wrong though as I simply click/dragged the PBS file into the game folder. I'll try to actually extract it this time

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
as a precaution I even restarted my game and redownloaded the game to boot (I didnt lose much and I already got a near perfect copy of nidoranto the one in my first file as we speak) so its not a big problem for me. If by some wierd situation that also played a part I'll soon find out.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
Hey, I didn't upload a new. Exe, only the new pbs file. Just replace the Pbs with the one I uploaded, remember to extract it first. Thanks. ??????

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I know you didnt upload a new EXE, I redownloaded as a precaution. Dont mind me, just wanting to cover bases thats all.

Another thing; is it possible to impliment decapitalization? The game may be using the G/S/C graphics style to sorta recapture the magic of older games but I've gotten used to proper grammar I suppose. I dont expect this right away of course, as I only just started playing, but I figured I'd ask for this for a future update.

Also I reccomend enabling hidden abilities in certain instances, like with special gift pokemon or enable hidden grottos like from B2/W2. This is especially important since many pokemon are otherwise very weak without their hidden ability (many of the starters for instance). If you already have plans for this then nevermind and I'll let you do what you want for this I figured I'd mention it.

Finally I dunno what the specific game mechanics you have in the game thus far, so I wanted to touch on this in particular. I've seen the game uses at the very least 5th gen mechanics due to the auto-heal from poison in the overworld but are the mechanics specifically 6th gen? I ask since Hidden Power is a much easier beast to work with in 6th gen onwards as it always has a base power of 60 regardless of who uses it for one, and many pokemon gained stat increases in gen 6 as well. Not to mention certain effects have no effect on certain pokemon. If the game mechanics arent up to 6th or 7th gen standards I would recommend doing that when you're able since so many things are in fact better using the 6th/7th gen as a base. Mega Evolution doesnt need to be a thing however I'm fine if that doesnt make an apperance. I doubt there's any custom 2nd gen mega evolution sprites yet anyhow, so logically that would be hard to work on short notice (same with Z Moves).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
Hey thanks for the long post, I haven't considered those to be honest, I just used that particular essential kit for my own convenience. For the capitalized words I'm keeping them coz I grew up with the gbc games. As for mega evolutions, I don't know how they work because I haven't played the games with that feature. This is also the first time I heard of, "Z" moves, atm I'm focusing on brewing some events (like poachers, robbers, etc.). I really don't have any idea for events for Johto region except for unkown caves. Anyway if you have an idea feel free to invite me to a chat like a drrr chat room or something. Thank you again. :)

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
its cool like I said Im fine without using megas and z moves, I figured I'd mention the changes that would be very helpful like the Hidden Power change in 6th gen and whatnot.

Ok I think there is legitimately something wrong. I extracted the file you sent me over and over and the rest of cerulean cape still doesnt exist. And Cerulean Gym is also still bugged as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
Hey, I'll be uploading a new .exe file if you're okay with that. I'll just go to church and will upload it after checking the map connections. Thank you for your interest to this. ������

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
yeah its no problem, seeing a new take on Kanto through the eyes of someone besides Red is worth it if you ask me

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
I've updated the download link, should be fine now, try refreshing the map using the debug option (via rmxp)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
ok it works! Thanks for doing so much to get this fixed as soon as you did

Back