• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3 Favorite 3 Least Favorite Games

Pinta77

Name 3 of your favorite games and 3 of your least favorite games.

Favorite

1.) Super Mario Sunshine (Gamecube): I was addicted to this game when I was younger. The setting is why this game is so much better then the Super Mario Galaxy games.
Super_mario_sunshine.jpg

2.) Mother 3 (GBA): Thank God someone translated this game into english. I thought Pokemon was the best GBA had to offer until I played Mother 3. This is in my opinion the best game the GBA has to offer, and one of the best games in gaming history.
254113-mother3_2.jpg

3.) Conker's Bad Fur Day (Nintendo 64 & Xbox): This game is fun, and funny and everything. It has lots of movie references in it too. It starts off imitating the opening scene of "A Clockwork Orange". The xbox version is a little bit different (intentionally) and at some parts were they added new dialogue, they frankensteined the voices, but it's still pretty good.

250px-Conkersbfdbox.jpg

Least Favorite

1.) Lux Pain (DS) So freakin' boring. Too much talking, not enough playing. And I kept getting stuck at this point where every decision I chose resulted in a game over.

Lux_Pain.jpg

2.) Superman 64 (Nintendo 64): If you've never played this before, you've never experienced the worst controls on the most frustrating game ever, with the most unforgiving timer ever.

Superman_64_Lvl_1.jpg

3.) Aqua Man Battle for Atlantis (Gamecube): Not quite as bad as superman, but still pretty bad. The whole game seems pointless.

44a216d52df6d24cc49d1a8f7b702012e17971ac.jpg__576x480_q85.jpg

Years
I'm not sure if these are my absolute most and least favorite, but they're definitely up (and, er, down) there.

Favorite
1. Tony Hawk's Underground
2. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
3. Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness

Least Favorite
3. Pikmin
2. EarthBound
1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Keep in mind that these aren't necessarily games I think are of objectively poor quality, just ones I immensely hate. With EarthBound there is a TON of grinding with no magic, plot that actually seems to matter, or real fun at all in the early part of the game. I've wasted a few hours at this game and I want them back. With Majora's Mask, I just hate the time mechanic. Being placed on a timer while you're supposed to explore and enjoy yourself feels not just unneeded, but malevolent. ...And Pikmin I just don't care about and want people to shut up about. (But I hate RTS's in general.)

Wow, quite a Nintendo-centric list on both counts, haha.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Most

1. Final Fantasies 7 - 10 (including Tactics and excluding Tactics: Advanced)

2. Battlefield 3

3. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations.

Least

1. Street Fighter 4

2. Halo CE

3. Every Pokémon game following Ruby/Sapphire (ie. Emerald, FireRed/LeafGreen, Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black/White and Black 2/White 2)

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
ITT: People hate quality games?

I dunno, I change favorites all the time. Wario Land 4, Rhythm Heaven Fever and F-Zero GX currently probably.

Least favorite is impossible. I tend to criticize games a lot and like to say I hate some, but I don't really downright hate any game. Dislike? Sure, a lot, but I wouldn't like to call any of them "least favorite".

Skyrim is really the only one I can think of because I'm still salty about impulse buying it for 60$, but that was my own fault than anything...even if the game itself is garbage.

I honestly think Sonic 06 is the worst game ever, but...I actually like it if anything, because seeing people play that game and the reactions to how broken it is made the game more worth it. The game is downright hilarious, so I can't fault it. I dislike Sonic Adventure games way more, because they're fundamentally flawed and the fact they're not super broken means at least I can't have fun seeing the BS that could happen.
Least Favorite
3. Pikmin
2. EarthBound
1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Keep in mind that these aren't necessarily games I think are of objectively poor quality, just ones I immensely hate. With EarthBound there is a TON of grinding with no magic, plot that actually seems to matter, or real fun at all in the early part of the game. I've wasted a few hours at this game and I want them back. With Majora's Mask, I just hate the time mechanic. Being placed on a timer while you're supposed to explore and enjoy yourself feels not just unneeded, but malevolent. ...And Pikmin I just don't care about and want people to shut up about. (But I hate RTS's in general.)
Remember when you called me cynical?

Yikes.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Top 3

1. Sonic Heroes
2. Mario Galaxy
3. Pokemon Sapphire

Less 3
1. Mario Sunshine
I did not like game because some the Shines were difficult to get: the secret shines mostly.

2. Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
was full of glitches and felt incomplete.

3. Sonic Colours

I dislike this game because there was no replay value after you complete it

Years
Remember when you called me cynical?

Yikes.
This is why I felt the disclaimer was necessary. With Sonic '06 (and others like Superman 64, Aquaman whatever, and Ride to Hell: Retribution), I know it sucks, and maybe I'll get lucky and enjoy it anyway. (I picked that game up a few weeks ago so my college friends and I could mess around with it. I haven't played it yet.) The ones I listed I hate more, because they're classics but still suck: it feels like they've wronged me.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
Top 3 favorite games:
1. Mother 3. This will most likely never change, the game really impacted me and it truly was the best game I've ever played. The music was fantastic, the story line was absolutely amazing, just everything about it was perfect. I've really had my laughs and my tears playing this game.
2. Pokemon Crystal. It was the first main-series Pokemon game I had, I played through it about 3 times each with different starters and it was really fun each time. Love that it had tons of Pokemon to catch, and a lot to explore.
3. This changes a lot honestly, unlike the first 2. But for now I'll go with Melee. I've had way too much fun playing with friends and my brother, it's the best game in the series and I loved the stages and characters. It's really just hours of fun.

Least favorites:
1. Club Penguin game for the DS. I was given this as a gift a long time ago..horrible game.
2. Up for the DS. A really glitchy game and gets boring after a while.
3. Sonic Riders. I just never really liked it for some reason.

TY

1. Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun This game took my entire childhood, it was just fun to play and easy to learn.
2. StarCraft II The best RTS atm imo and it requires a lot of techniques to actually be good at it.
3. Borderlands 2 Best FPS game atm. Just no-nonsense or reality but just kill stuff with weird and awesome guns.

Least favorite:

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 This game is utterly worthless. Sold it after i think a month of gameplay cause i just hated it. Campaign sucked a lot that it was just laughably stupid and multiplayer stays multiplayer... dumb and dull.
2. Command and Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight Murdered the C&C series... Literally.
3. Minecraft But then the blank version without mods. That version sucks and its just boring as hell. Some mods are fun to play though

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My three most favorite games of all-time are Super Mario Sunshine, Call of Duty: Black Ops, and F-Zero GX. Used to play them almost every day back when I still had them; they were all quite addictive. As for my least favorites, they'd probably have to be Need for Speed: Undercover (found the story to be quite confusing), Halo 3, and Far Cry 3.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Top 3 Favorite:

1.) Super Smash Bros Melee
2.) Jump Ultimate Stars
3.) Elite Beat Agents

Least 3 favorite:

1.) MAG
2.) F.E.A.R 3
3.) E.T.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Top 3 Favourite:

1. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
2. Terraria
3. Fire Emblem: Awakening

Top 3 Least Favourite:

1. Skyrim (don't hate me haha)
2. Superman 64
3. Naruto - Ninja Counsil

Could never get into this lot. :P
And Superman 64 is just known to be the worst game ever made. xD

Last edited:

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Top 3 Favourite:

1. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
2. Terraria
3. Fire Emblem: Awakening

Top 3 Least Favourite:

1. Skyrim (don't hate me haha)
2. Superman 64
3. Naruto - Ninja Counsil

Could never get into this lot. :P
And Superman 64 is just known to be the worst game ever made. xD

Skyrim Seriously??? :/

Top 3 Favorite:

1. Skyrim
2. Warcraft III (DotA)
3. Portal 1&2
Honorable Mention: Pokemon Series

Top 3 Least Favorite:

1. Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - I hate this one seriously modern warfare 2 was good but 3 was just horrible didn't even took time to finish the whole game and uninstalled it after days wasted playing the game.
2. E.T. - Even just watching the gameplay is just horrid so no just NO.
3. Deadpool - In a way it's awesome but some parts of it sucks I don't even how that is a story. Definitely another cheap game from Activision.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Skyrim Seriously??? :/
Skyrim is like the only game where I'm sure I'd put in a least favorite list.

Now I have no experience with past Elder Scrolls game, so I can't compare, and I also played the 360 version. Anyhow, Skyrim is just downright boring with really questionable design choices (particularly with the quests, holy) and it's also pretty broken which is on par with a Bethesda game imo. I don't like calling games overrated, but I'd definitely consider Skyrim one...except that there are loads of people who share my sentiments.

It's really the only game where I ever felt ripped off after purchasing. 60 euros for this? Huge mistake.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Top 3
1. Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
2. NieR
3. Spyro The Dragon

Honorable mentions: Fallout: New Vegas, Killzone 2, Dragon Quest V, Rayman

Bottom 3
1. Persona 3 Portable
2. Final Fantasy II
3. Mass Effect 2

Dishonorable mentions: Fallout 3, Skyrim, Devil May Cry 4

Last edited:

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
Top 3 Favourite:
1. Xenoblade Chronicles
2. Sol Trigger
3. Trails in the Sky SC

Top 3 Least Favourites:
1. Fallout 3 (you're not fallout)
2. Devil May Cry 2 (why do you exist?)
3. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Years
Top 3
- The Last of Us
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Bottom 3
- Final Fantasy XIII
- Pikmin
- inFAMOUS

It was surprisingly hard to choose my least favourites because most of the time I purchase games that I know are good, according to reviews.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
My favs
1. Touhou 8: Imperishable Night.
Spoiler:

I just love this game to death. Comes from my favourite series, and has the best boss layout for me...I also love Mokou to death.

2. Battlefield 3 (yay for tim and I having the same choice \o/)
The graphics! So amazing for the time it came out. The gameplay is a blast, too..loving the tanks.

3. Ratchet and Clank 3
This game was fun, as the story was something never before seen (at least, to me), and Nefarious was an interesting villain. I liked the weapons, too.

Least favourite
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
I've seen this about twice here already O_O;; but this game is just like MW2, and has near to no difference at all. It's also horribly unbalanced, and the community is...well, bleh.

2. Sonic Heroes
While this game was fantastic as a kid, as you get older, it comes apparent that it's..well, horrible. It's...soo...sliiiiidey ;_;

3. Need for Speed: ProStreet
This is why NFS shouldn't aim for realistic. It turns out like this appalling game. If you had the PS2 version, crashes had near zero damage done...it was only when you got PS3/Xbox 360 versions that it was even okay.

(sorry for the pics, got lazy halfway through ;; )

Last edited:

tobyjoey

place text here
Years
Best 3

1. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Looking back on it, the game has certain low points, but when it hits (which is often for me), it really nails it.
2. Minecraft
There is just so much to do!
3. Megaman 3
I am honestly not sure why I like 3 more than 2, but I do.

Worst 3
1. Sonic and the Secret Rings
Ironic that both number 1s are Sonic, isn't it? I have had the pleasure of never playing Sonic 06, but I can't imagine that is that much better than that game, just for different reasons.
2. Majora's Mask
I normally like side-quests and extras to do in video games, but when that is practically the focus of the game, I get overwhelmed. Not to mention, like DownDumpling, I can't feel like I can get anything done with the time limit.
3. Pokemon Battle Revolution
There is practically nothing to do in the single-player mode, minus a shallow "story" mode, and if you could actually get a match online, the people use hackmons.

Back