• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years

Eh. Even if the complete series is unavailable, it doesn't matter too much. Like I said, they all can pretty much be read as stand-alone books, so it's fine.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

Yeah, but then my OCD will kick in and I'll have to shoot myself for reading it out of order, even if the way it's written does not require me to do so.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
75. Most wouldn't go to such lengths for a series they knew nothing of.

By the way, despite your own intentions, I recommend not starting with the first of the entire series. I recommend starting at the beginning of a different character arc and reading chronologically through that, and then doing the same for the rest, and getting the stand alone books somewhere in there. Because starting with the actual first novel is... odd. Hard to get hooked on, because at that point Pratchett hadn't quite gotten the world and style sorted out. It's hard to follow and that tends to put people off.

So I'd say not to begin with The Colour Of Magic. Instead go with Guards! Guards!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

Well, I myself am a writer, and I'll go further for literature than some people . . . lol.

I honestly think that's the first time someone told me not to start with the first book in a series.
Well then, I'll try that.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
77. Yeahh... Discworld's a bit odd that way.

Here's a helpful chart thing if you want. It's a bit confusing but kind of gives you a sense of a good reading order.
Spoiler:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years

YAY another Pratchett fan! :D

But if it's 3am then you should be going to sleep. Plenty of time to talk some other day. :3

Maraala

a fiery passion
Years

I would give Discworld a try, but my backlog is huge. I have some Dragonlance books to finish, some Resident Evil novels, my Ayn Rand collection, and Battle Royale.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
86 idk I'm looking forward to it but I'm not that excited right now. I've got other things to think about. Like how the hell I'm going to afford a 3DS and the game.

Maraala

a fiery passion
Years

I restarted White cause I was gonna replay in in preparation for B/W2, but never did so I've been in Striaton city for ages and now I regret starting over :(

Also Courage, everytime I read your name, I always think of Barney Calhoun from Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back