• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you happy where you currently live?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I live in perhaps the most blue portion of the South/Alabama in particular (Birmingham), so if I were forced to stay here for the remainder of my life, I wouldn't have many qualms with it. However, as soon as I'm done with undergrad, my ass is out of here on the cheapest flight to the theatre market city that will cast me the most/quickest. I don't necessarily want to set up anything beyond camp wherever I go for a good ten years or so. My goal is to live fleetingly where my footprints lie until I've seen as much of the world as possible.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
My city isn't too bad and there are some stuff you can do if you look around. But after moving houses like five times in one city, a part of me really wants a change in scenery. If I were to move perhaps somewhere close to Los Angeles or in Northern California. I visited Oregon a few years ago and I wouldn't mind going to that state since I have some relatives there.

Years
Louisiana is pretty terrible. The roads are ALL bad and it's too humid. I would much rather live back in Texas, or maybe Washington/Oregon.

Ultra Sun

Yes this is PC user Sun lol
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 29, 2022
High living costs, a small city with lotsa tall buildings, overcrowded and very homophobic and racists too (even though the latter two are limited to slurs and unfriendly treatments). So no, I want to leave this hellish place.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I've been in Texas all my life, I've grown to like it except for the annoying weather. I certainly prefer it to other states like California, nice place to visit, pretty too, but it's more expensive to live there and it's pretty liberal.

Lord Flamingo

Hmm, pretzels.
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 13, 2018
I really like where I live, though I certainly don't imagine myself living my whole life in here - I'd like to go to my grandmother's city when I'm older. My parents want to live in Italy so I don't know if I'd follow them or stay.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I don't really care for where I live. Aside from the fact that traffic wise it's not terrible, there isn't much to do, and I live in a county with a bunch of rich, homophobic, possibly conservative (in some cases) white people, and I really need to live in some place more accepting. As far as Kansas goes, Lawrence is pretty cool, so if I can't move out of state, I'll head there with some friends - but my goal is to straight up move to a different city. My girlfriend is in NY so I'd like to go there, but also I'd love to live somewhere warmer, not colder! Life is full of choices. I just don't want to stay where I am, and I won't! I plan to eventually work two jobs just to leave.

Years
Where I live traffic is terrible.
They've opened up a new junction to the motorway during the recent year which has eased the pressure somewhat but this town still has its faults.
Still, I've considered it home for the last two or so years and hadn't thought much of it.
But if you were to ask the question of would I live here all my life? Not at all.

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Very happy here. Easy access to three great amusement parks (Cedar Point, Kings Island, Kennywood). Easy access to my three main sports teams (Cleveland Indians, Cavs & Browns). Beautiful park.

Only thing that sucks is all the Steelers fans.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
We're quite happy where we live now, all things considered. It's a small two-room apartment, but it's a place we knew in our hearts when we saw it that we wanted to call it home.

Living so close to NC State, there is a massive influx of college students, and pretty much all of the construction around here are for dorm-like off-campus living complexes. They're doing well to advertise here, and I'm sure they have big campaigns abroad to garner tenants. As a businessman, I commend them for how successful they are at providing nice shelter for young folks in our town.

From a tenant's perspective though, those apartments were just terrible. Studio apartments run about $1500, and more bedrooms makes it progressively cheaper because you'll be sharing them, just like a dorm. We pay about two-thirds of that for a 1-bedroom apartment that we keep to ourselves.

It's not just the cost of living that makes us love this place, as farther east there were places priced similarly that we were courting. It's an apartment building renovated out of a luxury single-dwelling home, that the owner bought in the early 2000s and split up into three units to rent separately. We know him personally, and he's just a small-time realtor nearing retirement age, making money on his own terms and doing things himself.

Farther down, there's a big community centre with a nice park and an olympic-sized swimming pool. The hotshot apartment complexes advertise it as an amenity, but we're closer to it than they are. Some day, we'd love to buy this place from him and rent it out ourselves, depending on how things work out.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
It's a really great area in terms of accepting people, never really felt threatened or anything which is good I guess? And lots of cool stuff to do idk. But snow, snow sucks tbh. Overrated

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I was, but I recently had a power outage so I'm trying to find a new place.

Years
Fairly happy. It would be pretty great, but it's so expensive to live here. If my rent goes up too much I'd probably have to leave the area and I have no idea where I'd go after that. All the inexpensive places to live are deal breakers in some way or another.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
My little hub outside of Pittsburgh is great, but there is just way too much snow in the winter. Don't get me wrong, I love the feeling of community there, but I just want to go somewhere where it wouldn't be too cold for too long.

Back