The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Roleplay Theatre Roleplay Stage
Roleplay Discussion Thread

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old November 2nd, 2012 (12:41 PM).
press start to play_

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post

SPRITES! spritessptirespritesspritestpiresptiesptirepseirpsiersp I like looking at sprites.

Anyways, as always your RP looks epic. The backstory isn't too complicated and gives a good incentive for players to travel and want to build stories out of the plot.

The thing I've been thinking about lately is levels in pokémon RPs. Lately, I've tried avoiding them. Sometimes I enjoy writing battle posts just to see the levels of my team climb. Gives me something to write towards, so to say. But most people would say that that isn't the point of forum RPing. Interaction should be the point, they would say. Focusing on interaction is easier when you don't have to squeeze in tedious or hasty battles in every chapter just to keep up with the levels of the others. Then again, there are no such rule to forum RPing here :p creating a single player-ish game for players to write through can be just as rewarding. In a different way. But it might die quicker.

I'm not sure what my real opinion on levels vs levelless is ^^ but those are the thoughts that came to me now.
Old November 2nd, 2012 (1:14 PM).
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
    SPRITES! spritessptirespritesspritestpiresptiesptirepseirpsiersp I like looking at sprites.

Anyways, as always your RP looks epic. The backstory isn't too complicated and gives a good incentive for players to travel and want to build stories out of the plot.

The thing I've been thinking about lately is levels in pokémon RPs. Lately, I've tried avoiding them. Sometimes I enjoy writing battle posts just to see the levels of my team climb. Gives me something to write towards, so to say. But most people would say that that isn't the point of forum RPing. Interaction should be the point, they would say. Focusing on interaction is easier when you don't have to squeeze in tedious or hasty battles in every chapter just to keep up with the levels of the others. Then again, there are no such rule to forum RPing here :p creating a single player-ish game for players to write through can be just as rewarding. In a different way. But it might die quicker.

I'm not sure what my real opinion on levels vs levelless is ^^ but those are the thoughts that came to me now.
    Yeah, nowadays, I see interaction is the key to a good pokemon RP~ Hence why I do encourage player-to-player interactions; even with short posts because it's easier than just typing a huuuuge RP post in one go. ;___;

Well, tbh, levels don't even matter when it comes to pokemon battling anyway so long as you're creative and have a wide moveset on your pokemon; so I want to give more chances for pokemon to learn more moves than just battling. (well, just a theory.)

Hawthorne Guardian
    Moderator of Video Games
    Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
    Sylvie
    Old November 2nd, 2012 (1:25 PM).
    press start to play_

Quote:
    Well, tbh, levels don't even matter when it comes to pokemon battling anyway so long as you're creative and have a wide moveset on your pokemon; so I want to give more chances for pokemon to learn more moves than just battling. (well, just a theory.)
    Yeah, that's usually how it ends up working, I guess :3
    Old November 3rd, 2012 (5:57 PM).
    This Is Our Last Goodbye

Nature: Lonely
      Aaaaaaand I'm back!

Now that took a while... This moving had a bit of everything, fights with mutant cocroaches, fridges that had fongus wherever you looked at, spiders... Yup, quite an interesting couple of days.

Anyways, as I just said, I'm back, and right now I'll try to see what happened in both of my RPs while I was gone :3

FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
      VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle ;)
      Old November 4th, 2012 (6:40 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
      Funfact: RPing does wonders for writing essays. I think it actually helps too much, I'm writing my college essays and I can't seem to keep my essays under the 300 word limit :/

I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.
      Old November 4th, 2012 (6:47 AM).
      press start to play_

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Vato View Post
      Aaaaaaand I'm back!

Now that took a while... This moving had a bit of everything, fights with mutant cocroaches, fridges that had fongus wherever you looked at, spiders... Yup, quite an interesting couple of days.

Anyways, as I just said, I'm back, and right now I'll try to see what happened in both of my RPs while I was gone :3
      Glad to see you back!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
      Funfact: RPing does wonders for writing essays. I think it actually helps too much, I'm writing my college essays and I can't seem to keep my essays under the 300 word limit :/
      From my experience, RPing does the opposite since I'd rather write lots of RP posts than do my essays on time xD
      Old November 4th, 2012 (6:59 AM).
      Gaiden

Oh how I hate writing essays too. ;-; I'd rather write a billion RP essays than an essay on Economics. :x

Well, I posted the journey RP I've made, after tweaking the plot a bit and making a map with a town list. All it needs is the seal of approval. :3

Meanwhile, I have a topic question if you guys don't mind:

What do you usually look for in RPs?

What I mean is, do you prefer to join RPs that are original, or maybe based off your favourite series, or maybe a RP that has an interesting plot with an interesting SUS...

There's more than one answer for this. :3

Hawthorne Guardian
        Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
        Old November 4th, 2012 (7:27 AM).
        I'm still a tamer. I have my pride!

Nature: Sassy
          I. HATE. ESSAYS. Essays are the bane of my existence.

Ooh Doronjo made a new RP? Must. Not. JOIN.

I'm working on an RP of my own, though at this rate I won't have it finished until December. It's a crossover of Digimon and Puella Magi Madoka Magica. It's not only girls though XD Working on it, working on it, though not sure if I should post it...

Hm, I mostly look for plot. It helps if it's a series I know or a world I'm familiar with but if it's original the plot has to be interesting or relatively cohesive with enough wiggle room for people to come up with new ideas.

Old November 4th, 2012 (10:02 AM).
          press start to play_

Skymin will have so many RPs to go through when she comes back. I'm still working on the RP I mentioned some weeks (?) ago. I've decided it will be a spiritual sequel to Pokémon VR but being much more alike SAO than the old RP was. Still haven't posted it since I'm not sure about how much time I'll have on my hands these coming weeks :p but I doubt I'll be violently busy. So. I guess I could... post it... so tempted... Gonna have about 8 players this time. Double up from Checkmate!

A franchise I recognize or an interesting setting or system for playing. Plot, of course, but plot forms over time as well in an RP :3 And I think I've mentioned before that I like looking at delicious posts. This doesn't mean that I won't join un-css'd RPs. It just means what it means: delicious colors/sprites/banners are delicious.
          Old November 4th, 2012 (2:43 PM).

HEY GUYS I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAACK

all assessment is officially finished so guess what i'm shuffling through as we speak? NEW RPS! YAY!!!!

AND yeah there's a few rps in my pile. oops. but don't worry!!! i'll get through all of them, if it's the last thing i do!

i miss roleplaying so much and it's so good to be able to be here without feeling guilty about school. *collapses into university coma*

ALRIGHT! LET'S GET TO IT, KIDS!
          Old November 4th, 2012 (3:30 PM).
          Gaiden

Welcome back Maddy~ ^^

Sooo now that my RP is up, some shameless advertising is in order: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7397439#post7397439

Hawthorne Guardian
            Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
            Old November 4th, 2012 (5:10 PM).

This question isn't directly related to RPing, nor is it a new topic (it's just a simple question) but it does have a heavy effect on it and RP is largely the reason I ask it.

What would be a good medium for expanding my vocabulary? I notice that I use the same words over and over again, and it not only makes my posts less attractive, but it also feels somewhat repetitive to me. This is most evident in my reviews and my RPs. I've found that lately I haven't been able to find words to explain what I mean, and because I can find the words, there's really nothing that I can do to search words for the meanings.

Old November 4th, 2012 (5:18 PM).
            Swaggins

Nature: Brave
            Well a thesaurus is the first thing that comes to mind. Though sometimes they relate words like good and great.

You could pick up a second language and borrow words from that or you can pick up Latin and make your own up.

The problem I think there is with a thesaurus is that the words they say are related are to always words you want to use.

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
            Old November 4th, 2012 (5:19 PM).
            I'm still a tamer. I have my pride!

Nature: Sassy
              Take Medical terminology class. Seriously. I'd also recommend looking up words in other languages.because when you look them up other versions of that word pop up, not just in Spanish and such. Also, read multiple genres of book for various age groups.

Doronjo stop tempting me with your awesome. Seriously.

Shameless plug for Nideous' and my roleplay. Here please take a look.

Old November 4th, 2012 (5:39 PM).
              i'm weak

I always use a Thesaurus if I decide to *spice* up my vocabulary. No worries, I face the same problem. xD I don't wanna say "she can't understand the note" while I could say "she can't decipher the note" since they're both smiliar. So, thesaurus is always good imo. :)
              Old November 4th, 2012 (6:12 PM).
              Swaggins

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Leaf Storm View Post
              I always use a Thesaurus if I decide to *spice* up my vocabulary. No worries, I face the same problem. xD I don't wanna say "she can't understand the note" while I could say "she can't decipher the note" since they're both smiliar. So, thesaurus is always good imo. :)
              I don't know, decipher means the note is encoded or has a hidden message of sorts, whereas understood could mean that the note is in a different language or that the girl simply can not read it.

Maybe the girl can't comprehend the note. Would be much closer to understood the note.

Decipher works better with "The girl could not decipher the prisoner's messages, because he had written all of the notes in code." or "The girl can not decipher the program used to hack into her computer system." Both of these can be replaced with understood but comprehend wouldn't work well with them.

I'm not an English major or anything so maybe I'm wrong but definitions for words are not always telling you which context to use it in.

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
              Old November 4th, 2012 (6:16 PM). Edited November 4th, 2012 by SV.
              See You Space Cowboy

Hello and Good Evening. Or Morning, Or Afternoon, or whatever time of day exists in your location.

After a break from the quarter because of the Roleplay Olympics, I am pleased to announced the return of the Roleplay Awards. Be sure to cast your nominations before the end of the month!

Link Here

Also, as a reminder to anyone here who is new, misinformed, or out of the loop, I am still better than you.

A Legend once told me that roleplaying is about bringing people together and celebrating creative vision.
              Paired with the Artsy Infinite and the Spectacular Shak
              Old November 4th, 2012 (7:36 PM).
              i'm weak

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Khawill View Post
              I don't know, decipher means the note is encoded or has a hidden message of sorts, whereas understood could mean that the note is in a different language or that the girl simply can not read it.

Maybe the girl can't comprehend the note. Would be much closer to understood the note.

Decipher works better with "The girl could not decipher the prisoner's messages, because he had written all of the notes in code." or "The girl can not decipher the program used to hack into her computer system." Both of these can be replaced with understood but comprehend wouldn't work well with them.

I'm not an English major or anything so maybe I'm wrong but definitions for words are not always telling you which context to use it in.
              That is...if she's reading a note of binary coding or a note of a different language she hasn't seen before. It was just an example. I didn't need an explanation. :P

BUT YEAH use a thesaurus. It'll help you lots.
              Old November 4th, 2012 (7:46 PM).

Thanks, guys. The thesaurus was actually the first thing I'd thought of, and I immediately went to a library and got one (now it's almost due back). It's been okay, but it may be that I haven't been utilizing it enough. The Medical Terminology and learning another language...I'd never really thought of. I am learning Japanese, since that has the most conventional and practical use in my life, so there's that, and Medical Terminology seems incredibly useful as well, I'll give it a shot.

Old November 5th, 2012 (7:12 AM).
              King of the Hell

Quote:

What I mean is, do you prefer to join RPs that are original, or maybe based off your favourite series, or maybe a RP that has an interesting plot with an interesting SUS...
                I love both original and series-based RPs, but it all depends on how it is presented.

Quote:
                What would be a good medium for expanding my vocabulary? I notice that I use the same words over and over again, and it not only makes my posts less attractive, but it also feels somewhat repetitive to me. This is most evident in my reviews and my RPs. I've found that lately I haven't been able to find words to explain what I mean, and because I can find the words, there's really nothing that I can do to search words for the meanings.
                You can just use something like thesaurus.com instead of checking out a book, but yes, a thesaurus can help quite a lot, because I know exactly how you feel.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Supervegeta View Post
                Hello and Good Evening. Or Morning, Or Afternoon, or whatever time of day exists in your location.

After a break from the quarter because of the Roleplay Olympics, I am pleased to announced the return of the Roleplay Awards. Be sure to cast your nominations before the end of the month!

Link Here

Also, as a reminder to anyone here who is new, misinformed, or out of the loop, I am still better than you.
                Great to see the RPAs are back!

Quote:
                Thanks, guys. The thesaurus was actually the first thing I'd thought of, and I immediately went to a library and got one (now it's almost due back). It's been okay, but it may be that I haven't been utilizing it enough. The Medical Terminology and learning another language...I'd never really thought of. I am learning Japanese, since that has the most conventional and practical use in my life, so there's that, and Medical Terminology seems incredibly useful as well, I'll give it a shot.
                Japanese is a wonderfully difficult language to learn, so enjoy it!
                Old November 5th, 2012 (11:30 PM).
                are made of these~

Nature: Adamant
                Hi. *waves*

So, since I went on an extended hiatus over the past year and have only just come back, I've noticed an evolution of sorts in the rps. There is a certain preoccupation with levels and levelling that I swear wasn't around before. And the capture of wild Pokemon seems to be more strictly moderated, whereas before both these things were mainly left to the discretion of the RPers.

Does anyone know if this just naturally occurred, or are there some incidences behind this?

I like an RP with an overall plot, and an interesting backstory. Generally I prefer original storylines or merely borrowed premises as opposed to plots that follow too closely with that of another series. I prefer being in situations where I have to cooperate with fellow RPers as opposed to competing against them, even in teams or groups. Personal conflict is yummy, of course, but structured competitiveness isn't my cup of tea. (Probably because I let myself lose a lot... heh.)

Friends for Infinity
                art (right) by the amazing Kitty

Old November 6th, 2012 (7:34 AM).
                i'm weak

Oh wow...how long have you been gone? Welcome back!

Not sure how roleplays worked back in the past since I joined this past May, so the whole "leveling up and Pokemon catching" thing isn't as new to me. xD I'm very tempted to research the whole section for old roleplays. lol
                Old November 6th, 2012 (2:23 PM).
                press start to play_

There are so many RPs you can find in the old part of the section that you would never see slipping through moderation these days, Meg xD They sure did seem to have fun, though. Dem one-liners.

Anyways, welcome back Sweet_Dreams. I think I've seen you RPing here before.
                Old November 6th, 2012 (2:33 PM).

So, are we only interested in Pokemon rpg's here?
                  Old November 6th, 2012 (2:53 PM).
                  press start to play_

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Sarah Morgan View Post
                  So, are we only interested in Pokemon rpg's here?
                  Welcome to PC, Sarah! No, we usually have more Pokémon RPs than non-pokémon, but we always have some non-pokémon RPs running and we are always interested in more of them! Other franchises, genres and even original worlds or games are welcome.
                  Closed Thread

Quick Reply