• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
Those new quests kinda got me thinking for future episodes. I'm at Episode 26 where Adam faces MissingNo in the forest (before he gets the Virus Scan). I'm going to test drive this final quest on a newer .SAV file and come back with my current .SAV file I'm working on.

Luckilly, the VBALink emulator lets you play and create different .SAV files for each emulator opened. Except I hate out of sync audios.

cardboardbox

Roaming Johto
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 25, 2023
Uh.. ironically, I seem to have gone through the game without finding the Itemfinder ^^'. I've backtracked all over but still no luck. Can anyone remember whereabouts you get it? (assuming it's from an Aide..)

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Can someone please tell me where wooper is? I really want to know where he is. Also where is the itemfinder?

Do NOT reply with the same question over and over and over again. Just wait for me to get to it. It's really annoying. This goes for everyone, it's a waste of space and I'm sure it annoys other people seeing the same message over and over and over again.

Anyway, Wooper must be traded from the second gen. Move your sav files over to tgb dual and do it that way. Murkrow and Wooper are the two 152+ Pokemon families that must be traded over from second gen, and there's a few families such as jigglypuff's that must be traded over from the other games. From what I remember, there were no hidden items in the original Pokemon Brown, so that's why there's no itemfinder. I was going to put it in when I put the secret items in, but then I decided it would be better if it would be harder for everyone to find them, since they're supposed to provide great prizes.

I seriously do not have time to walk you all through the game, because I'm working on other games at the moment. Would anyone please write a FAQ/Walkthrough?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
I made it to the final dungeon starting with a team below LV50 and I'm in the Team Rocket Base. So far so good KBM!!!

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
I have a new question. What is with the guy at the end of the Rijon Naljo connector that says "Blah Blah Blah, It's not smart to pick a fight with team rocket."? What do I do about him? Is there a way to get to Naljo in Brown?

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
I have a new question. What is with the guy at the end of the Rijon Naljo connector that says "Blah Blah Blah, It's not smart to pick a fight with team rocket."? What do I do about him? Is there a way to get to Naljo in Brown?

I am going to assume that you can't go to Naljo in Brown.

EDIT: Finished the final dungeon. That was the hardest battle I was ever in. Mainly because my team was in the mid 50's. Used the Master Ball on Raikou. That is such a cool cry for him! Next question, is there more than one Metal Coat?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
Awesome game koolboyman!

First one i have completed

really amazing! :D

favorite part is probably the pokemon league

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Do NOT reply with the same question over and over and over again. Just wait for me to get to it. It's really annoying. This goes for everyone, it's a waste of space and I'm sure it annoys other people seeing the same message over and over and over again.

Anyway, Wooper must be traded from the second gen. Move your sav files over to tgb dual and do it that way. Murkrow and Wooper are the two 152+ Pokemon families that must be traded over from second gen, and there's a few families such as jigglypuff's that must be traded over from the other games. From what I remember, there were no hidden items in the original Pokemon Brown, so that's why there's no itemfinder. I was going to put it in when I put the secret items in, but then I decided it would be better if it would be harder for everyone to find them, since they're supposed to provide great prizes.

I seriously do not have time to walk you all through the game, because I'm working on other games at the moment. Would anyone please write a FAQ/Walkthrough?
A Walkthrough? I actually might do that...however, if someone else would like to, please feel free, as I may not have enough time to finish it.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
What is the use of the items:
goldleaf?
Mushroom?
Pearl?

You said they were for the final quest, but I don't know how...

Also, are the "seven items of awsome" the ones that say that they have a use in prism, or are the items I already mentioned part of them?

On another topic:
I had 2 seperate items in the pc, both called pp up. One worked normaly. The other didn't.

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
I could very well be wrong, but I believe they serve the same purpose as the Nugget. (That's what Bulbapedia tells me, anyway)

I think you are wrong, because I

I could very well be wrong, but I believe they serve the same purpose as the Nugget. (That's what Bulbapedia tells me, anyway)

I think you are wrong, because I tried selling the brick piece, and you can only sell it for 50 dollars.

By the way give me a list of the 7 new items please.

One more thing. How do I transfer save files to tgb dual successfully. Whenever I did it it would work. Please make the instructions very easy to understand. I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Last edited:

NecromancingSaga

Dreaming LOVELY BOY
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 1, 2011
One more thing. How do I transfer save files to tgb dual successfully. Whenever I did it it would work. Please make the instructions very easy to understand. I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

just copy the .sav of your actual pokemon brown to the "saves" folder of tgb dual

cardboardbox

Roaming Johto
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 25, 2023
It's also worth mentioning that if you wish to transfer a save for use in the second rom you load, the save for that must be renamed to '.sa2' file format.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2010
Merci, merci, merci!

Thanks for the final release! cant' wait for playing the final dungeon!

EDIT: my save indicate 5 badges, pokédex 0 , my pokémon team is not the same, but i finished the game with a level 55-60 team in the old version (3.3, with new pokés)
is this normal?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 28, 2011
Is TGB Dual compatible with .SGB format? Because my Red ROM is SGB and it isn't opening the file...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back