• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games that took you a long time to finish?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
I started Twilight Princess around 9th grade.

Then decided to find a copy and complete it. I finally managed to finish it last night.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Welp I like to 100% games, and I also like RPGs which happen to be some of the longest games out there, so pretty much every game I play takes me quite a bit. Skyrim and Xenoblade have been some of the longest.

TY

Tiberian Sun cause I literally couldnt beat a single mission for years cause I had no idea how to approach it

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time. This was due to that huge Spider boss in the Deku tree. I was so scared of it at the time, (I was 10 or 11 please don't judge my fear of spiders) I always would walk out of the tree, just to avoid it. I came back to the game a year later to beat that boss.

jadeCrown

Banned
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 12, 2019
i know it's a little weird but i still cannot finish GTA 5 and it's been over 6 months that i have been playing it. I just get distracted by side quests adn roaming around in the city and don't get the time to play story missions.

Years
I mean to FULLY complete, it took my several years to fully complete Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, otherwise hm.......

Super Street Fighter IV took a very long time to complete achievements-wise and Ocarina of Time is up there as a contender.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
There's like five games at least that I still haven't beaten even though it's been like several years. Then you have the first Kingdom Hearts in which I have like started playing that game five times and still have... never beaten it.....

But as for games I have beat one that stick to my mind is Kingdom Hearts II and Tales of the Abyss. Started playing Kingdom Hearts II and the beginning was slow so I put it down for idk two years? Picked it up and suddenly I was deep into it until I got to the end and then realized it was the end and was baffled that was well... the end. Tales of the Abyss I got to the first Arietta boss, raged quit, dropped the game for a year, and then picked it up and (like KHII) played the game until I beat it. Though unlike the former game ToTA is a long ass game so I actually knew it was the end when I got to it.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
I still haven't finished Undertale technically. I did the first neutral playthrough required for the True Pacifist ending but I have yet to complete than ending or do a Genocide run.

SusieSue

Grass Type only
Years
Fully complete? I think there's no technical ending in TES games and sandboxes like Slime Rancher or Don't Starve. I know it because these are my favorite games and I spent years playing it. I even took a reading at slimeranchergame.net to check it for sure. You may say these are story driven and thus should have an ending, but I wouldn't agree with that. So technically I can finish a sandbox game when I decide to turn my pc or console off.

tigertron

Pokémon Master
Years
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. Bought in 02 and completed the XB1 version about a year ago.

RE4. Bought in 05 and completed the PS4 version a couple of days ago.

RE0. Bought in 02 and completed the PS4 version about a year ago.

Super Mario Sunshine. Bought in 02 and completed about 2 years ago.

Last edited:

Zerotwp

Banned
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 10, 2020
Bioshock, the first one. I haven't played the second one but finished Bioshock Infinite twice. The first game was painful to play for me somehow. It's all about blurred graphics, I guess.

Years
... jeez I feel like I have a terrible habit these days of picking up a game, playing it a bit and putting it down and never really finishing it. :c

my "games I haven't beaten yet" list is getting unnecessarily long...

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Believe it or not... and this is honestly embarrassing but Super Mario World on SNES with respect to 100%. I've beaten the game multiple times but I've never found all 96 exits until like two years ago when I finally found it and figured out how to access it(damn World 7 Ghost House...). I suspected it was World 7 but couldn't find the damn secret exit.

As for actually finishing a game, hmm hard to say but I'd say TMNT 2 on the NES. It took me like a year to actually beat it but keep in mind I was like 6... huge difference when you're 6 and say 13 lol.

PS: Ocarina of Time took me awhile because the damn Shadow Temple to this day still scares the living crap out of me. I've never tolerated death/horror very well and that temple does it in spades.

Cid

Years
I remember Days taking a long time to finish. It was my first Kingdom Hearts game, and it was a pretty long one, too. I'm glad I got it through first and liked it a lot, because it did not age well. I hope that if they remake it, they streamline it a little bit. It has probably the most playable characters in any Kingdom Hearts game.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2021
Technically 80% of games since I've started so many games and never played them to completion, out of lack of time or loss of interest. My very first game, Pokemon Diamond took me ages to defeat the elite four, because I was young and too lazy to train my team. It took me a long time to get past Flowey in Undertale, and that's just the first run. Haven't even attempted the others.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
Golden Sun Lost Age took me forever to figure out what to do after getting the boat.

I only 100% Pokémon Blue last night, Pokédex complete and all.
And, I still have not finished Quest 64 after almost 20 or so years?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
it took me a while to beat ultramoon bc of disinterest. after i picked it up after leaving it alone for almost a year though, i really enjoyed it and felt like i was too hard on it before. ocarina of time took me a bit, too. i started playing it in like 8th grade? and i would just play the first three dungeons and get to be an adult and get afraid of the redeads in hyrule castle town and i'd stop. i didn't get the courage to get past that shit until 12th grade, but i did beat it then at least.

i don't waaaaanna admit this bc i love this game, but i was not good at KH 358/2 days back when it first came out. i made it through most of the game tbh but i got stuck on a boss and quit playing until this year when i finally decided to give it a fair shot again. it wasn't as hard as i remembered it being and i beat that boss (and another i got stuck on for a while) in one try... maybe i was just a wimp. so lol that's like ten years.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I've got plenty of games that I've never completed because I lost interest in them (or just straight lost them, lol), but I distinctly remember it taking me about 5 years to get out of Kokiri Forest in Ocarina of Time as a child. And that was with pretty regular playing, haha. I was just so astounded and enchanted by it when it first came out that I never wanted to leave the area.

Back