• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's important to you when buying a phone?

Years
Storage and RAM are the top things for me. Screen resolution is probably the next thing as well, but really 1080x1920 is enough for me.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Cost and "can it do the basic stuff/a few side things I want" are the main ones. I suppose ability to run things/have a bunch of apps as well. Not so fussed about camera quality or whatnot, as I prefer to save a bunch of money than getting the latest and greatest.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Can it handle the apps I want. I use my phone a lot unlike my Mom who uses it for calls and maybe texting.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
"Can I resist the urge to buy the latest phone?"

Years
i buy phones based on brands. go apple

i look in a bit more to how bang for the buck the phone is. of course overall specs and performance is also important.

Years
For me... I gotta admit, aesthetics are a big reason why I buy a phone. I don't want ugly phones. :<

But... other things like storage/RAM are equally as important. Price point is also something else to consider; generally speaking I want to avoid spending more than I absolutely have to for a phone.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
most important thing: a smart phone, not a flip phone or a half way thing to a smart phone (yes that was my first phone)
but the system version has to be fairly new, doesnt have to be the newest since i know system updates are a thing and doesnt take forever. Along with a good lifetime of battery, with good amount of storage. Gotta be a android phone, forgot to make that first. (iphones suck imo)

Zankew

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Years
Storage and RAM are the main things
Brands dont matter but it needs to have a good quality.
Not so famous phones brands can also provide you with a great experience

Years
A good camera and being natively able to handle ntfs and exfat formats on external drives through the usb port is at the top of my list. A micro SD slot helps too.

Oh and the ability to get cute cases for it after being stuck with a horrid industrial looking thing on my current phone :(

FlameChrome

Years
How cheap it is and how crap it is.

cheapness can have its upsides, one of my phones was a $20 phone, or close to it and it worked well for like 2 or 3 years. Which was honestly great. But when it decided to stop working right it shuts down randomly, soo that was a thing, but it was fine for those years it worked.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
When buying phones, I'm considering several things, like having better performance than my previous phones (it won't be a phone upgrade if it isn't so :tongue-poke:), being affordable, having headphone jack, and nice amount of storage. And last but not least, how my phone looks aesthetically.

Last edited:

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
cheapness can have its upsides, one of my phones was a $20 phone, or close to it and it worked well for like 2 or 3 years. Which was honestly great. But when it decided to stop working right it shuts down randomly, soo that was a thing, but it was fine for those years it worked.

One of my old slide phones fell off of a roller coaster once, got it shipped back to me, charged it, and it worked with no visible damage. It's amazing how durable those cheap phones were.

To the topic though, the headphone jack was a big thing for me when I wanted to upgrade. Specs were also important, but luckily the SE happened to fit both of my wants. Cheaper, too!

FlameChrome

Years
One of my old slide phones fell off of a roller coaster once, got it shipped back to me, charged it, and it worked with no visible damage. It's amazing how durable those cheap phones were.
the phone i had for like 2 or 3 years was a good ole motorola

Years
What's important is that it's an iPhone.

8)
Just wondering, but have you ever used an Android device to trial for a period of time? Is there something that the iPhone has specifically that Android devices don't?

this is why we need a thumbs down button. XD

Whats important is that its not an iphone, to me at least
I'll ask the same question for you. Have you used an iPhone device for a trial period of time?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Just wondering, but have you ever used an Android device to trial for a period of time? Is there something that the iPhone has specifically that Android devices don't?

I'll ask the same question for you. Have you used an iPhone device for a trial period of time?
I had an Android tablet. I'm used to iPhone and its unlaggy and simple menu structure, and got confused in the tablet's several layers of menus and screens. I don't feel a need to switch to Android, and I really like everything about the iPhone so I'm content :)

Back