• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen D/P/P Will my Alakazam hack it?

Years
I caught an Abra early in game with the intent of raising it. As most of you know Abra can be a pain to catch and last night when I was trying to catch one I managed to get one on my 4th try. The time between finding Abra was terribly long though and I settled for this one getting natures mixed up in my head. It's a careful nature and I got that one mixed up with calm. Do you think my Alakazam will make the cut with this nature for in game use? My abra is already at lvl 13. :/

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
The dip in Sp. Attack might be noticeable to you, but I'd say that since you're only using the Pokemon for an in-game team, natures don't matter. No matter what nature you have on your Pokemon, you'll have better moves and make better choices than any of your in-game opponents. So I wouldn't worry too much about your Alakazam's nature.

Years
The dip in Sp. Attack might be noticeable to you, but I'd say that since you're only using the Pokemon for an in-game team, natures don't matter. No matter what nature you have on your Pokemon, you'll have better moves and make better choices than any of your in-game opponents. So I wouldn't worry too much about your Alakazam's nature.

thanks! someone finally got back to me. Abra can be a real headache to catch but Alakazam is one of my favorites.

eragon00

Dancing Spyder
Years
thanks! someone finally got back to me. Abra can be a real headache to catch but Alakazam is one of my favorites.

Never tried this before, but I heard that it would be easier to catch Abra with a diglett on your hand as it has the Arena trap ability which prevents the opponent from escaping from a battle

Years
Never tried this before, but I heard that it would be easier to catch Abra with a diglett on your hand as it has the Arena trap ability which prevents the opponent from escaping from a battle

I think that would work as well as having a Gastly or Haunter on hand with mean look.

Back