• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokemon Text Editor

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 18, 2016
I have windows 10 64 Bit and it's doesn't work for me :/

someone got it working with the same settings?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2022
i just redownloaded it.

This was the error message i got.
==============================================================
This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows" in "".

Reinstalling the application might fix this problem.
===============================================================

I also got this error message.
=============================================================
Runtime Error!

Program: C:/Users/(insert user)/Desktop/a/PokemonTextEditor.exe

This application requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
=============================================================

I am not sure if anyone had already found the answer to why the error was happening but all I did was I made a new folder in with all of the files for the Windows 32 bit version of this and named the folder "platforms", took the qwindows.dll file and then put it into that new "platforms" folder and now it is working without any errors.

Years
yes... and no. when I save the text edits and load the rom, it dosent show the changed text.

for example I could change a text to

...This world is inhabited by attractive Gardevoirs!

but it will just say

...This world is inhabited by creatures called POKeMON!

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2022
When you edited the text, did you select tools and then click "Write Current Text" and then after that selecting File and clicking Save ROM?

Also, remember this. You have to close out the game and then open it back up in order to see the changes. :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 21, 2018
Inis from the original Advance-Text don't seem to be compatible, even after changing the formatting.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 9, 2016
Hello,
thank you HopelessFrench for this Tool,
i want to know if Pokemon Text Editor support arabic ?

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
I'm getting an error saying "ROM is in use" :(

I am not sure if anyone had already found the answer to why the error was happening but all I did was I made a new folder in with all of the files for the Windows 32 bit version of this and named the folder "platforms", took the qwindows.dll file and then put it into that new "platforms" folder and now it is working without any errors.

Thank you! this helped it start.

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Jul 1, 2020
I'm getting an error saying "ROM is in use" :(.

Maybe that is happening cause u were opening same ROM file in different tools at a time.
Like : Fire Red ROM was already opened in a hex Editor(HxD) . Without closing that hex editor u had opened that Fire red ROM in this tool

Last edited:

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
Maybe that is happening cause u was opening same ROM file in different tools at a time.
Like : Fire Red ROM was already opened in a hex Editor(HxD) . Without closing that hex editor u had opened that Fire red ROM in this tool

Nope... I checked again and no tools have it open :/
To confirm, I also tried it on a whole bunch of other ROMs - still the same issue (Windows 10)

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Mar 6, 2018
Are there plans to add the rest of the Inis? Or is there a way to get the Inis ourselves?

Also, this is what appears in the "This world is in habited by Pokemon" box:
[S-HIGHLIGHT]ャGぃ ニ ßÙÙで Âべk:ÂÙk¿ごRh:ÀッŒÀ ぞでÙÙモぷI:ÂîÂ8ブ8ド:Âミ ベ99ベ8ララボË⬇ララ6ゾÂぼででÉ3ゲギギ7Ä¿[.]ÀょィÀMàだÙÙbぷiûiば 6ヨÀ[lv]ょモニぶニぃÂララÙsÙÙÙÊÙiiiiŒMÙソダíィ ìづÙÙÑチiiºZヘ ìトぃまが じが\c\00じŒÊÄポゥポÄEFまò♂ÀAAò♂99ぉ ÂËò♂ベベぃÔベベぉィîÎギギAAAœ!î9/ŒÂ=パベלlŒÔŒÊ Â=ゴギ,œV¿s Â[lv]lÂÙべ[lv]でÇぉぉででづ ÉぇóÜÚVŒzッÀ¿sぉォ:ÂŒÂÏàぉぉ⬆:ÂミÂz\n
I:ÀゾÀァぉぉヤ:ÂミÂ:ÄÜG[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Last edited:
Years
I got this message when trying to open the program
This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows" in "".

Reinstalling the application might fix this problem.

and i already downloaded the latest release

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 25, 2017

Can you explain this better?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2018
I, too, am getting the error message with 1.1. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, in case that helps.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
Every time I try to start the program, I get this error message:

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows"
in "".

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Back