• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Serena actually be in the sun and moon anime?

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
If it's in your personal list, fine, but don't act like it's a majority of fans who like May and Dawn. And either way, the one thing we can definitely agree on is that, even with that poll, there's definitely not much of a chance for Serena to make an appearance in Alola even if she was good. And for the record, use logic instead of your personal feelings, if Serena can't rejoin Ash, what makes you think May and Dawn would rejoin him in Alola? Even if I had your exact feelings for May and Dawn as well as Serena, I'd STILL say they'd probably not have a chance at rejoining, if Serena can't rejoin due to being busy in Hoenn, I see zero reason why May and Dawn would rejoin him for pretty much the same reasons (being busy with their goals, and Alola not even having contests). The closest any of them has any chance is May, and that's only because by this time, she's most likely finished with Johto and Sinnoh. In any case, like I said earlier, we can at least agree on Serena.

There doesn't have to be a reason. They can be back if the writers chose to. Writers don't need reasons to bring dawn and may back. I am not acting like anything.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
There doesn't have to be a reason. They can be back if the writers chose to. Writers don't need reasons to bring dawn and may back. I am not acting like anything.

If they truly didn't need reasons to bring anyone back, why is it that they had May specifically come back for the Wallace Cup, or Dawn to promote Piplup? If they truly didn't need reasons, they'd pop up randomly (well, okay, Dawn even moreso). And you're still failing to use logic: The exact same thing can be used to argue FOR Serena coming back, and if you want to be consistent, you'd have to acknowledge, even grudgingly, that she has as much of a chance to return.

Either way, we can at least agree Serena won't be coming back.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
If they truly didn't need reasons to bring anyone back, why is it that they had May specifically come back for the Wallace Cup, or Dawn to promote Piplup? If they truly didn't need reasons, they'd pop up randomly (well, okay, Dawn even moreso). And you're still failing to use logic: The exact same thing can be used to argue FOR Serena coming back, and if you want to be consistent, you'd have to acknowledge, even grudgingly, that she has as much of a chance to return.

My logic is sound proof. Serena does not have the same chance of returning for me.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
Serena's reason for coming back would probably be Ash. When Misty came back in AG it was because of a Togepi festival she was invited to, but really the main thing in her cameo was showing Togepi evolve and Misty release it. They created a totally separate event from what was going on in AG and her goals to bring her back. When she appeared again after Ash came home following the Hoenn league it was for no real reason. Even with May and the Wallace Cup, the Wallace Cup was more about having Dawn win a major contest and grow as a coordinator.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Serena's reason for coming back would probably be Ash. When Misty came back in AG it was because of a Togepi festival she was invited to, but really the main thing in her cameo was showing Togepi evolve and Misty release it. They created a totally separate event from what was going on in AG and her goals to bring her back. When she appeared again after Ash came home following the Hoenn league it was for no real reason. Even with May and the Wallace Cup, the Wallace Cup was more about having Dawn win a major contest and grow as a coordinator.

Yeah, and they'd still need to think of something for May and Dawn, and not have them up and out leave their regions while in the middle of them without justification. And Serena definitely shouldn't return either, for what you essentially said in there. Better for her to pursue her own goals.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019

Yeah, and they'd still need to think of something for May and Dawn, and not have them up and out leave their regions while in the middle of them without justification. And Serena definitely shouldn't return either, for what you essentially said in there. Better for her to pursue her own goals.

If it's in your personal list, fine, but don't act like it's a majority of fans who like May and Dawn. And either way, the one thing we can definitely agree on is that, even with that poll, there's definitely not much of a chance for Serena to make an appearance in Alola even if she was good. And for the record, use logic instead of your personal feelings, if Serena can't rejoin Ash, what makes you think May and Dawn would rejoin him in Alola? Even if I had your exact feelings for May and Dawn as well as Serena, I'd STILL say they'd probably not have a chance at rejoining, if Serena can't rejoin due to being busy in Hoenn, I see zero reason why May and Dawn would rejoin him for pretty much the same reasons (being busy with their goals, and Alola not even having contests). The closest any of them has any chance is May, and that's only because by this time, she's most likely finished with Johto and Sinnoh. In any case, like I said earlier, we can at least agree on Serena.

Serena ranks last just like iris and serena in my opinion. Misty, Dawn and May take first over them anyday.

Actually they are great companions. Majority wins. Only iris, serena and lillie fail. May and Dawn don't need to do contests to visit the region. They can come if they like.

You DO realize I mentioned a vacation in my prior post as a possible way to justify them appearing and that they specifically finished one contest cup and are trying to decide on which one, right?

And not according to that Japanese poll. If anything, May and Dawn are less popular than Misty, and even Serena managed to beat them out (or at the very least, even if they were popular, the fans certainly saw less need of them returning than they do Misty or Serena for that matter). The Japanese fans saw no reason for May and Dawn to return (ranking in fourth and fifth place), while Misty ranks third, and Serena ranks second, and Brock of all people ranks first. Of course, that's not indicating whether they were favorites, but it does indicate that, at the very least, the Japanese fans consider May and Dawn to be of lower priority than Misty or even Serena regarding a return.

Nope. Misty, May and Dawn are the best. Lillie is the worst like iris and serena.

Incorrect. May and Dawn are great companions. They deserve to come back. Misty too. But not the ones after Dawn.

May and Dawn were never consider to be great female characters. Misty deserve to comeback because she was a wonderful female character and was much better then May and Dawn which both kinda suck in the anime. Serena don't need a return to the anime, because her character was much worser then Iris put together.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
May and Dawn were never consider to be great female characters. Misty deserve to comeback because she was a wonderful female character and was much better then May and Dawn which both kinda suck in the anime. Serena don't need a return to the anime, because her character was much worser then Iris put together.

Nope. Dawn and May are tied with Misty as the greatest female companions. I be glad never to see serena and iris again. Lillie should depart the show after alola is done.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Nope. Dawn and May are tied with Misty as the greatest female companions. I be glad never to see serena and iris again. Lillie should depart the show after alola is done.

Misty is the greatest female lead character to ever debut on the anime. May and Dawn were never seen as being great and even Lillie is much better then them, heck even Iris/Serena outclasses them both.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Misty is the greatest female lead character to ever debut on the anime. May and Dawn were never seen as being great and even Lillie is much better then them, heck even Iris/Serena outclasses them both.

That is a lie. May and Dawn are just as good Misty. Iris, Serena and lillie are bad. Please don't reply to me again since you are clearly messing with me.

Years
You're acting like young kids. You are all getting off topic all the time. This thread is not about comparing Ash's companion. Also, I've warned almost all of you many times. The next time, you're going to earn an infraction!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
That is a lie. May and Dawn are just as good Misty. Iris, Serena and lillie are bad. Please don't reply to me again since you are clearly messing with me.

I'm not messing with you and it is not a lie. Everyone has an right to their own opinions, and not everyone will agree with you. Misty was much better then May/Dawn and that is the fact. Lillie still has a whole lot of time for her character to grow and i do admit Iris/Serena were infact poorly handled characters.

We need to stay on topic.

I don't see Serena returning at all, because there is no need for her to.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
You're acting like young kids. You are all getting off topic all the time. This thread is not about comparing Ash's companion. Also, I've warned almost all of you many times. The next time, you're going to earn an infraction!

To be fair, I did try to keep my posts within the topic this time around, by specifically mentioning that Serena either way was most likely not returning.

And speaking of which, like I said... multiple times by now, if they don't bother having Ash revisit his friends, there's no reason why Serena especially should do the same (especially when she's busy enough with Hoenn as it is). Not to mention there's very little need for her to return anyways (if anyone deserves a comeback, it's Misty, and possibly even Iris as well, especially when they aren't exactly limited by region and in Misty's case it actually WOULD help immensely in her goal if she came back this time around.).

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I've been rewatching the anime over the last few weeks and an idea popped into my head as to how they might bring not only Serena back but several past characters. This idea of mine is extremely unlikely to happen but we can dream can't we? Now a big component of Pokemon post Johto was Pokemon Contests or part showing off Pokemon and part battling(with points and time limit). Kalos did a modified version with Pokemon Showcases but Serena has now moved past that by traveling to Hoenn to become a Pokemon Coordinator.

The problem is Alola doesn't have Pokemon Contests so how do we bring Serena back in a common sense way? Answer: Wallace Cup. Wallace Cup moves from region to region and in this special series of Episodes, Wallace decides to change things up a bit by moving it to an entirely new region(in this case Alola) in order to expand the influence of Pokemon Contests(and perhaps establishing them in Alola). Furthermore, rather than it being a traditional Pokemon Contest with one Trainer, Wallace opts to make the format in pairs of two. As an extra option(and one I think all fans would enjoy), all teams must comprise of 1 Male and 1 Female(aka I'm ripping off the "Date" Episode from Kalos). Each duo would have to appeal and do double battles in the battle portion of the Tournament. Winning duo would each receive a Wallace Cup ribbon.

In doing this, not only can they bring back Serena, but Dawn, May and their past rivals in Drew, Kenny, Solidad and more. The ramifications of having the Wallace Cup as a team tournament makes for some interesting fireworks to say the least. Does May partner up with Drew? Does Dawn settle for Kenny if only to avoid Kenny vs. Ash? Biggest question of all: Does Serena pair up with Ash in the Tournament or do one of the Alola Pokegirls decide to enter and steal him from right under her nose? The possibilities would be endless and honestly would feed the fan itch big time. Unfortunately, its unlikely to happen but its the best idea I can think of to legitimately bring back not just Serena but everyone related to Pokemon Contests.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
May wouldn't come back regardless if the Wallace Cup brings the other two back.

Her Japanese VA retired.

Not just "retired", she essentially pulled a Hillary Duff and became a pop singer.

And yeah, May's not coming back even IF there are not only contests in Alola, but also a Wallace Cup. That said, Serena's one shot MIGHT be a Wallace Cup-type inter-regional contest, though that's assuming that inter-regional contests actually apply to regions that don't have contests.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I definitely see gen 1, 3 and 4 female companions returning over serena. Serena goal is in kalos so her return is unlikely. So no, i don't see serena coming back.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I definitely see gen 1, 3 and 4 female companions returning over serena. Serena goal is in kalos so her return is unlikely. So no, i don't see serena coming back.

Actually, her goal is no longer in Kalos. Don't forget, she changed her goal to become a Coordinator at the end of XY and left for Hoenn. Still, not likely she's returning (a bit more likely than May because unlike her, Serena's VA hasn't gone off to become a pop singer over voice acting, but not likely nonetheless).

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Actually, her goal is no longer in Kalos. Don't forget, she changed her goal to become a Coordinator at the end of XY and left for Hoenn. Still, not likely she's returning (a bit more likely than May because unlike her, Serena's VA hasn't gone off to become a pop singer over voice acting, but not likely nonetheless).
Stop replying to me weedle. I don't want to hear what you got to say.

Anyway, i have a good feeling that we will see the first three female companions reappear in the future. As for Serena, i don't really care what region she is in as long as i don't have to see her appear in alola.

Very unlikely she appears anyway since ash is with a big group of people.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 24, 2019
Issues with the voice actors also play a part in why some characters don't return.

May's VA retired.

Iris and Cilan's VAs are both expensive, which is why the latter only came back for a single episode.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Issues with the voice actors also play a part in why some characters don't return.

May's VA retired.

Iris and Cilan's VAs are both expensive, which is why the latter only came back for a single episode.

Well, technically, May's VA's more "pulled a Hillary Duff" than retiring, but yeah, very little chance she'll voice May again.

Yeah, and in the case of Misty's VA, even though she's really eager to voice Misty again, the writers for whatever reason seem to skip over her. Shame, really.

Well, like I said, Serena won't have any reason to go to Alola, not unless they decide to have a Wallace Cup type thing for whatever reason.

Back