• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
yes seems like thats the problem, I checked the directory you mentioned but there was no file name "2" but there's a file named "3" . Its missing I guess, what should i do? should i try extracting the rebalanced zip file again?
EDIT : I tried extracting the zip file again but there's still no file named "2" in the directory you mentioned.....
Rename the "3" to "2", must be an an issue with the files on google drive. The file name is different between versions, and occasionally a version ends up with the wrong file. I'm not sure how though as it's named correctly in my local copies.

Edit: I've just downloaded both versions of Photonic Sun and they both have the a/0/8/2 file, did you definitely download the files for Sun and not Moon?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Sep 10, 2021
Rename the "3" to "2", must be an an issue with the files on google drive. The file name is different between versions, and occasionally a version ends up with the wrong file. I'm not sure how though as it's named correctly in my local copies.

Edit: I've just downloaded both versions of Photonic Sun and they both have the a/0/8/2 file, did you definitely download the files for Sun and not Moon?

umm, I'm pretty sure I downloaded the ones for sun not moon cuz when I started the game it said welcome to "photonic sun" not prismatic moon.
anyways I'll try what you said and tell you if it works..

Edit : It worked! thank you so much!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
umm, I'm pretty sure I downloaded the ones for sun not moon cuz when I started the game it said welcome to "photonic sun" not prismatic moon.
anyways I'll try what you said and tell you if it works..

Edit : It worked! thank you so much!
Could still be the wrong set of files; that welcome text is present in both versions of the hack, it chooses which one to show based on the ROM itself. The only things that actually change in the hack's files are the ultra wormhole encounters, so you won't see any differences before then.

You're welcome!

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Sep 10, 2021
Could still be the wrong set of files; that welcome text is present in both versions of the hack, it chooses which one to show based on the ROM itself. The only things that actually change in the hack's files are the ultra wormhole encounters, so you won't see any differences before then.

You're welcome!

Wait so should I redownload the files and replace them in the mods section so it wont cause trouble later or is it fine?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 9, 2023
I also had a question. What does it mean by "Pokémon can be EV trained with zero grinding!" in the main post?
I've played this game for over a year and fsr never wondered about that.. were vitamins buffed or the vitamin cap removed?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Wait so should I redownload the files and replace them in the mods section so it wont cause trouble later or is it fine?
Yeah, it could cause some issues later so I'd suggest redownloading and replacing the files just in case.
I also had a question. What does it mean by "Pokémon can be EV trained with zero grinding!" in the main post?
I've played this game for over a year and fsr never wondered about that.. were vitamins buffed or the vitamin cap removed?
Ah I need to make that clearer in the OP. It's referring to a few things that combine to make EV training easily doable without the traditional "kill 252 Zubats" method:
  • The exp share gives EVs to the entire party. Gaining EVs from the exp share also gives you EVs from held power items, so if a mon has a power item, it'll get at least 8 useful EVs every time you KO any Pokemon.
  • That'll leave you with some junk EVs too, but as you can buy the EV reducing berries cheaply, you can just use them occasionally until you only have the EVs you want.
By doing this you can EV train by just playing the game, instead of having to SOS chain for hours.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 29, 2023
Hey. I just want to ask if you also removed the shiny lock in these hacks? And have you changed anything else regarding or related to shiny Pokemon and shiny hunting?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey. I just want to ask if you also removed the shiny lock in these hacks? And have you changed anything else regarding or related to shiny Pokemon and shiny hunting?
Hey, pk3DS wouldn't save changes to the shiny locks when I tried to remove them so they're all unchanged.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 9, 2023
Ah I need to make that clearer in the OP. It's referring to a few things that combine to make EV training easily doable without the traditional "kill 252 Zubats" method:
  • The exp share gives EVs to the entire party. Gaining EVs from the exp share also gives you EVs from held power items, so if a mon has a power item, it'll get at least 8 useful EVs every time you KO any Pokemon.
  • That'll leave you with some junk EVs too, but as you can buy the EV reducing berries cheaply, you can just use them occasionally until you only have the EVs you want.
By doing this you can EV train by just playing the game, instead of having to SOS chain for hours.

Ah, okay. I thought I was missing something and that it meant literally no grinding, not just less. That makes sense, thanks for clarifying! It's still a bit too tedious for my type of challenge runs, but I've got other methods that suffice. Constantly having to change my ev sets for important fights and totems is just part of the fun.

My current Nuzlocke includes some funny rules like no healing items in battle, set mode, level caps, and being required to fight all available trainers before progressing (rather than dodging all the optionals like I usually do ;w;) and having to restart if I white out, so I might be at this for awhile yet haha. I have trainer documentation fortunately, courtesy of a friend, so hopefully it doesn't take me too many attempts.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Ah, okay. I thought I was missing something and that it meant literally no grinding, not just less. That makes sense, thanks for clarifying! It's still a bit too tedious for my type of challenge runs, but I've got other methods that suffice. Constantly having to change my ev sets for important fights and totems is just part of the fun.

My current Nuzlocke includes some funny rules like no healing items in battle, set mode, level caps, and being required to fight all available trainers before progressing (rather than dodging all the optionals like I usually do ;w;) and having to restart if I white out, so I might be at this for awhile yet haha. I have trainer documentation fortunately, courtesy of a friend, so hopefully it doesn't take me too many attempts.
Personally I find that method is no grinding (though it's still a bit of a hassle), but that's definitely not the case if you'd usually skip the trainers!

Good luck with your Nuzlocke! Sounds like it's going to be a nasty one.
I see. That sucks, but I am still looking forward to play this. I enjoyed your Eternal X and Wilting Y. So thank you.
You're welcome! Hope you enjoy this one too!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 17, 2021
Sorry if this has been asked, but how much more difficult is this hack? Like, I want something more difficult for sure, but I'm not too great with EV/IV stuff.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Sorry if this has been asked, but how much more difficult is this hack? Like, I want something more difficult for sure, but I'm not too great with EV/IV stuff.
Take a look at the trainer and totem documents to see how much harder it is. You can beat the game without worrying about EVs and IVs, but it is a lot easier if you have things like max speed on your fast Pokemon and max HP on your bulky Pokemon. On top of that if you use all the cheese options like refresh and potion spam then your Pokemon's stats won't really matter.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 17, 2021
Take a look at the trainer and totem documents to see how much harder it is. You can beat the game without worrying about EVs and IVs, but it is a lot easier if you have things like max speed on your fast Pokemon and max HP on your bulky Pokemon. On top of that if you use all the cheese options like refresh and potion spam then your Pokemon's stats won't really matter.

Alright, thanks, I appreciate the answer. Looking forward to trying this.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Alright, thanks, I appreciate the answer. Looking forward to trying this.
No problem, hope you have fun with it! I should mention that trainers have EVs and those aren't listed in the docs, so they will be noticeably stronger than in the older Pokemon games.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 12, 2023
Hey Buffel! I wanted to ask how the emerald hack is coming along? Really looking forward to playing it! In terms of design philosophy is it similar to your other hacks and are you implementing Gen 8 mechanics and such? Also wondering if there will be a no ev version for hardcore nuzlockers so that ev training new mons throughout isnt a big deal? Love your work cant wait to try it out!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey Buffel! I wanted to ask how the emerald hack is coming along? Really looking forward to playing it! In terms of design philosophy is it similar to your other hacks and are you implementing Gen 8 mechanics and such? Also wondering if there will be a no ev version for hardcore nuzlockers so that ev training new mons throughout isnt a big deal? Love your work cant wait to try it out!
Hey! It's coming along really well, I'm hoping to have version one finished either this weekend or next. It's very similar to my other hacks, but with a lot more QoL stuff as hacking Emerald gives me a lot more freedom than the 3DS games. mechanics-wise it's mostly gen 7 with a bit of gen 8; the battle engine I'm using is still a WIP so gen 8 isn't quite ready yet, most of the moves and abilities aren't done. Gen 8 mons are unobtainable for now as a result, but their data is in the game already so v1 save files will still work with the version that introduces them. I haven't got a version that removes EVs completely, but the normal difficulty setting removes them from trainers, so you won't need to worry about EVs on normal. There's also an NPC that can EV train your mons for money which makes it much easier to do.

Thanks! Hope it lives up to your expectations!

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2021
Hi Buffel, huge fan of your work. Currently playing Photonic Sun Hardcore Nuzlocke and Route 8 Ace Trainer Eileen (who gives Sky Drop) got me real real bad, almost wiped out to her. Her Chatot was the insane, can you please tell me what the hell was that I think it had Life Orb and it outsped my Lycanroc which shouldn't be really possible. I'm still really salty about that, so If you can help me out with it's set I would really appreciate that.

Thank you, hack is amazing.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hi Buffel, huge fan of your work. Currently playing Photonic Sun Hardcore Nuzlocke and Route 8 Ace Trainer Eileen (who gives Sky Drop) got me real real bad, almost wiped out to her. Her Chatot was the insane, can you please tell me what the hell was that I think it had Life Orb and it outsped my Lycanroc which shouldn't be really possible. I'm still really salty about that, so If you can help me out with it's set I would really appreciate that.

Thank you, hack is amazing.
Hey, thanks! Yeah the route bosses can be nasty, they've usually got EV trained teams earlier than the other trainers. Eileen's Chatot looks like this:
b8E8z8E.png

It's got a Timid nature, which makes it just fast enough to outspeed any Lycanroc that doesn't have maximum speed (i.e. +speed nature, 31 speed IV, 252 speed EVs).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 29, 2023
I want to ask something about the Documents. There's a 'Level Up Moves, Rebalanced' txt and a 'Level Up Moves, Rebalanced(1)' txt. What is the difference?

Back