• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Fossil Pokemon speculation

bobandbill

one more time
Years
This came up in the SwSh channel on our Discord, and I felt it's worth a thread! What are your hopes for (if any!) Fossil Pokemon for this generation? Any particular UK-based dinosaurs or prehistoric creatures that you think would fit well in Pokemon?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
UK excavations yielded a ton of fossils to choose from. Personally, I think Iguanodon would be appropriate given it is the first dinosaur ever discovered and it was found in england. It could be a defense oriented fossil, while the offense one could be either a proper Pleisiosaurus (Lapras kinda is one, so it might not happen), maybe a Mosasaurus or a more colorful flying reptile than Aerodactyl, newer research shows they were incredibly diverse, so why not go wild with it?

Years
Ooh, agree with Iguanodon. I think that'd be awesome to see. Also curious an Ichthyosaurus though! Plenty of possibilities with fossils here.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 10, 2020
Considering how much they've showcased that cave in the trailers, I'm thinking there might be more than 2 families of fossil pokemon this time around. Also with the history the UK has with fossils, I'm hoping for mining like Diamond and Pearl had

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
I think dinos are kinda overrated so i think i go for Dawn Horse and Cave bear to be the next fossil pokemon

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
UK excavations yielded a ton of fossils to choose from. Personally, I think Iguanodon would be appropriate given it is the first dinosaur ever discovered and it was found in england. It could be a defense oriented fossil, while the offense one could be either a proper Pleisiosaurus (Lapras kinda is one, so it might not happen), maybe a Mosasaurus or a more colorful flying reptile than Aerodactyl, newer research shows they were incredibly diverse, so why not go wild with it?
Iguanodon does sound like a good idea. Pleisiosaurus may be similar to Lapras but on the other hand, it could be tied to the likes of the Loch Ness monster. Then again, who knows, maybe Sobble's evolutions will go down that path?

Back