Advertiser Content
Seen August 28th, 2019
Posted August 28th, 2019
24 posts
2.5 Years
For added context, I'm using Leon and UltimaSoul's fire red rom base, and I used PGE and Advanced Sprite Editor to change Charmander's sprite and name, and I made some other small changes to Charmander just to mess around (I'm just trying to learn). But when I start up a new game to try and see if the changes worked, I can't progress because there seem to be a bunch of invisible walls in the room that prevent me from walking far or leaving. Has anyone else encountered this? What did I do wrong?

Child Amnesiac

Music hacker

Age 19
Male
Colorado
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
217 posts
214 Days
For added context, I'm using Leon and UltimaSoul's fire red rom base, and I used PGE and Advanced Sprite Editor to change Charmander's sprite and name, and I made some other small changes to Charmander just to mess around (I'm just trying to learn). But when I start up a new game to try and see if the changes worked, I can't progress because there seem to be a bunch of invisible walls in the room that prevent me from walking far or leaving. Has anyone else encountered this? What did I do wrong?

I don't know what caused this error.

But there is a fix, open your ROM in advancemap and open the bedroom map,
then open the "movement permissions" tab,
after that, fix the permissions (red 1= impassable, purple c= passable)
Seen August 28th, 2019
Posted August 28th, 2019
24 posts
2.5 Years
But there is a fix, open your ROM in advancemap and open the bedroom map,
then open the "movement permissions" tab,
after that, fix the permissions (red 1= impassable, purple c= passable)
I went into advancemap and the movement permissions are completely unchanged. Everything is passable thats supposed to be. So I'm at a loss what to do now.

Qmer Kaça

Portal to the Moon

Male
Turkey
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted August 28th, 2019
21 posts
2.4 Years
That means you messed up the code which loads tilesets and tilemaps of the maps. You need to undowhat you have made. If you are good at asm you can track the code. Maybe just pointers messed up.
I woke up on the moon.
I saw that beauty.
I cried till it's noon.
Nobody saw me lonely.
Advertiser Content