• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Forry is a pretty decent lead in this metagame.

Forretress@Leftovers / Shed Shell
252 HP / 252 SP.DEF / 6 DEF
Impish Nature
- Payback
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes / Stealth Rock / Earthquake / Gyro Ball / Pain Split

Standard forry.

Ok the defensive evs allow you to increase your s.def capability by 42% which lets you come in on things like Mixpert easily and tank surfs and other weak special hits easily, mine has even survived Roserades HP Fires. You only lose 19% physical durability if you do this too, so it really is the optimal ev spread.

Payback is 100% needed in this metagame to let you nail the Rotoms. 3HKO on defensive versions and a 2hko on offensive ones.

Spikes is Forrys main selling point because not many pokemon get it, so really should be the move you use. However you can replace it with another spiking move if you wish.

Rapid Spin is self explanitory.

Last slot is up to you. I use Zap Cannon there too, its hilarious to mess up its common switch ins and hits Gyarados, use Relaxed if you do.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
The idea is to use GOOD sweepers who arent walled by everything, on baton pass teams.

Metagross and Lucario are MUCH better recipitants.

Thank you for answering the question that I didn't ask. :/

Maybe they are walled by everything, but I just like using them.

Anyway, I've made a decision, so I guess that question's moot now. Thanks anyway.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Quick question. At 152 Def and 72 Sp Def EVs with a nature neutral in both stats will Cresselia's Def and Sp Def be the same?

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Quick question. At 152 Def and 72 Sp Def EVs with a nature neutral in both stats will Cresselia's Def and Sp Def be the same?
Why do you want equal defenses? Cresseila is far better off with better Def, her SpD is pretty great without EV's...

Plus running neither a +SpD or +Def nature isn't the best option if you want it to wall...

To answer your question, yes then both defenses would sit at 315....

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Why do you want equal defenses? Cresseila is far better off with better Def, her SpD is pretty great without EV's...

Plus running neither a +SpD or +Def nature isn't the best option if you want it to wall...

To answer your question, yes then both defenses would sit at 315....

I'm running a Modest nature so she can act asva tank and be able to attack also.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
I'm running a Modest nature so she can act asva tank and be able to attack also.

You should really concentrate on one or the other. Too many attacking moves and not enough HP/Defense EVs means she can't take attacks as well as she should, but at the same time, running modest with a few special attack EVs won't be enough to significantly damage anything.

Sadly, the metagame hasn't been very kind to Cresselia, she's kind of setup fodder now for a ton of sweepers. Make sure you're using her to her full advantage.

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
i was thinking of using a choice scarf porygon-z should i run timid or modest nature
Timid is the better choice, extra speed lets him pick off faster stuff like +1 Adamant Mence, +1 Jolly Gyara etc.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 1, 2010
ok thanks and one more question on a super fang crobat should i use hypnosis or brave bird

Super Fang is useless for Crobat =/ , Hypnosis , Roost , and brave bird Crobat seems quite good , could you please show me your Current moveset of your Crobat ?

Painter

BEWARE THE LETTUCE CHILDREN!
Years
well i dont have it yet because i ant to know if i want hypnosis or brave bird first since i cant have both i was thinking a super fang, hypnosis/brave bird, roost, taunt/u-turn

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 1, 2010
I guess this is the sleep inducing crobat set you're searching for :

Crobat @ Leftovers
Nature : Timid
Ability : Inner Focus
EVs : 124 HP / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
-Hypnosis
-Taunt
-U-Turn / Roost
-Air Slash / Aerial Ace

The given EVs are designed to OHKO minimum HP Heracross with Air Slash. Max Speed is needed to outspeed Shaymin-S and tie with other Base 130s. If you opt for Aerial Ace, drop the Special Attack EVs, switch to a Jolly nature and put the leftover EVs into HP or Attack.

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2011
I'm making a new team and I'm planning on using a grass, water and fire type for great type coverage. I need two fire types because I have two water and grass types for changing my team about.

Here's my water ang grass types:

Tangrowth @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Chlorophyll
Jolly
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~ Swords Dance
~ Power Whip
~ Earthquake
~ Stun Spore / Return / Rock Slide

Cacturne @ Bright Powder
Sand Veil
Adamant
252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
~Swords Dance
~Sucker Punch
~Sub
~Seed Bomb

I needed a grass type and I like these two. I usually swap between them when I feel like it. I want one that can bring the sun for Tangrowth and one that is immune to sandstorm because I use a CB Tyranitar when I use Cacturne

Here are my Water Types

Pelliper @leftovers/ Life Orb
Keen Eye
Modest
252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def
Agility
Surf
Ice Beam
Air Slash

Gyrados@Leftovers
Intimidate
Jolly
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def
DD
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Stone Edge

The Pelliper set I made up but I havn't tried it out yet and a standared DD Dos .

So I need a fire type for both sets of my team.

Thanks in advance

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 1, 2010
No no , having 2 pokemon with x4 Electric Weakness is too Risky, use this SubPeteya Empoleon over your Pelliper, its a beast :

Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
Nature : Modest
Ability : Torrent
EVs : 12 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
-Agility
-Substitute
-Surf
-Grass Knot / Hidden Power Electric

first Agility , then Substitute till your HP reaches low , Torrent and Petaya will activate , STAB Surf + Torrent Boost + Petaya Boost is so deadly and deals so many KOes to stuffs that doesnt resist it , Grass Knot to KO Swampert and other Bulky Waters . if you're worried about Vaporeon , use HP Electric

I will be back for more help .

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
I'm making a new team and I'm planning on using a grass, water and fire type for great type coverage. I need two fire types because I have two water and grass types for changing my team about.

Here's my water ang grass types:

Tangrowth @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Chlorophyll
Jolly
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~ Swords Dance
~ Power Whip
~ Earthquake
~ Stun Spore / Return / Rock Slide

Cacturne @ Bright Powder
Sand Veil
Adamant
252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
~Swords Dance
~Sucker Punch
~Sub
~Seed Bomb

I needed a grass type and I like these two. I usually swap between them when I feel like it. I want one that can bring the sun for Tangrowth and one that is immune to sandstorm because I use a CB Tyranitar when I use Cacturne

Here are my Water Types

Pelliper @leftovers/ Life Orb
Keen Eye
Modest
252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def
Agility
Surf
Ice Beam
Air Slash

Gyrados@Leftovers
Intimidate
Jolly
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def
DD
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Stone Edge

The Pelliper set I made up but I havn't tried it out yet and a standared DD Dos .

So I need a fire type for both sets of my team.

Thanks in advance

Ugh, yes, Follow Chaos's advice and get rid of Pelipper. It's almost useless in standard play.

It's generally not a good idea to build teams around certain typings because that limits your options for a good team, especially if you need specific pokemon to cover your weaknesses =(

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2011
I'm just going for a grass, water and fire type. I'll switch up my team a bit now and then. I wont have two of the same type on the team just switch them about before I battle

Back