• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I think there's a way, but as I am not very good scripter, I don't know how.
As you follow when Prof. Oak walks, why couldn't you get someone to follow you?

When you follow Prof. Oak, every move is scripted (move down, move down, move left) and is executed one after another. There may be a way, buy it would be different from the oak follow.

Ash493:
I had it in two strings but it didn't work there, so I collapsed it down.
Here is the script put back
Spoiler:

Aether Noir

<(^.^<) (>^.^)>
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2011
Does it have assigned flag?
Maybe that flag was already used in game and that means that OW won't appear.

Well, I havent really used any flags other than 0x828 and 0x20 in my scripts, ( I'm not sure if the scripts pre-entered in the game are affecting this,) but I'm not sure how to assign a flag to a certain sprite, or how to really assign a flag at all.

Could you please explain?

Shukumei

Teh Haxxorz
Years
Forgot to mention that :P
But most of the time, you don't need a release before an end.
Thats my point if you use level scripts and signposts

That is true. All I was saying is it doesn't hurt to put it in. If you're forgetful (like me) getting in the habit of putting release at the end of your scripts can save headaches and debugging time. I remember when I first started scripting I forgot to put release on a script for a script panel. Whenever I stepped on the panel the player locked and I thought the game froze. Took me weeks to figure out the problem.

Well, I havent really used any flags other than 0x828 and 0x20 in my scripts, ( I'm not sure if the scripts pre-entered in the game are affecting this,) but I'm not sure how to assign a flag to a certain sprite, or how to really assign a flag at all.

Could you please explain?

XSE's help file contains a list of the officially used flags. (The flags used in the main game.) If you're unsure about what flags are taken you should check the tutorial under the help menu. I'm not at my home computer right now so I can't tell you if those are already used although 0x828 seems familiar for some reason. As for assigning flags to sprites it's simple. when you create a person event in advance map there is a person ID number. If you enter the number (in hex) of a flag's adress in memory then when the flag is set the person will vanish and when cleared the person will come back.

Last edited:

Aether Noir

<(^.^<) (>^.^)>
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2011
That is true. All I was saying is it doesn't hurt to put it in. If you're forgetful (like me) getting in the habit of putting release at the end of your scripts can save headaches and debugging time. I remember when I first started scripting I forgot to put release on a script for a script panel. Whenever I stepped on the panel the player locked and I thought the game froze. Took me weeks to figure out the problem.

XSE's help file contains a list of the officially used flags. (The flags used in the main game.) If you're unsure about what flags are taken you should check the tutorial under the help menu. I'm not at my home computer right now so I can't tell you if those are already used although 0x828 seems familiar for some reason. As for assigning flags to sprites it's simple. when you create a person event in advance map there is a person ID number. If you enter the number (in hex) of a flag's adress in memory then when the flag is set the person will vanish and when cleared the person will come back.

First off, I know that 0x828 is the flag used for the Poke-Menu.
Secondly, I have learned that I should use flags over 1000

Therefore, if I use the flag 0x1000, if I want to assign that flag to a sprite, the Person ID should be 3E8? (the hex for 1000)

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

Therefore, if I use the flag 0x1000, if I want to assign that flag to a sprite, the Person ID should be 3E8? (the hex for 1000)

No, it should be 1000 because the flag 0x1000 is in hex as the 0x states it. :P

Shukumei

Teh Haxxorz
Years

No, it should be 1000 because the flag 0x1000 is in hex as the 0x states it. :P

He's right. The prefix "0x" indicates that whatever comes next is in hex. so 0xA = 10, 0x3E8 = 1000 and 0x1000 = 4096. if you want to assign 0x1000 to a person just make their person ID 1000. (Because the person ID field is already in hex.)

Another thing to remember is that the disappearance and reappearance of sprites isn't instantanious. If you set the person ID flag they will still be there untill the player takes a step. To solve this problem follow it with a hidesprite command. For example a sprite with person ID 1000 and person event number 5 would disappear with

setflag 0x1000
hidesprite 5

And would be brought back with

clearflag 0x1000
showsprite 5

Last edited:

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I want to make national dex (instead of normal region pokedex) available at the start of ruby game

What changes should i do in the script?

Originally Posted by Forgotten Memory

PokéScript
#raw 0x11 0x02 0x00 0x6B 0x02 0x02 0x11 0x03 0x01 0x6B 0x02 0x02
#raw 0x11 0xDA 0xBE 0x4E 0x02 0x02 0x11 0x67 0x5A 0x6A 0x02 0x02

XSE
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A

Not 100% sure but i think the xse commands are not valid for new version

Also i am using advance map and XSE as Script editor but i am not able to find the script where pokedex menu is activated.

Pls can someone tell me the correct commands and where to place it to activate
national dex in Ruby at the start!!!!

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I want to make national dex (instead of normal region pokedex) available at the start of ruby game

What changes should i do in the script?

Originally Posted by Forgotten Memory

PokéScript
#raw 0x11 0x02 0x00 0x6B 0x02 0x02 0x11 0x03 0x01 0x6B 0x02 0x02
#raw 0x11 0xDA 0xBE 0x4E 0x02 0x02 0x11 0x67 0x5A 0x6A 0x02 0x02

XSE

Not 100% sure but i think the xse commands are not valid for new version

Also i am using advance map and XSE as Script editor but i am not able to find the script where pokedex menu is activated.

Pls can someone tell me the correct commands and where to place it to activate
national dex in Ruby at the start!!!!
Oh no... Forgotten Memory just told you...
Make a script, put that into it and then compile it. If you don't know how to make a script, I suggest reading diegoisawesome's XSE scripting tutorial.

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Oh no... Forgotten Memory just told you...
Make a script, put that into it and then compile it. If you don't know how to make a script, I suggest reading diegoisawesome's XSE scripting tutorial.

Instead of creating a different script,isn't there any method so that instead of birch giving
regional dex he gives national dex( I mean any specials like there is one in firered)

If there is no other way can u tell me,pm me
can i put the 4 lines

just after the one flag for shoes(in moms script ) is set
Will it work?

Btw thanks for replying

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2010
k well what im tryin to do is on a certain point of the map a scientist i inserted wont let you leave unless you have a pokemon with you except im not quite sure would i still use some of the normal dialog script or would i have to get a whole new script help is greatly apperciated and this is what i have for it so far
'---------------
#org 0x169DEE
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x818EBE6 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Remember to take one of your Partn..."
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x18EBE6
= Remember to take one of your Partners /nBefore heading out to look for

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
k well what im tryin to do is on a certain point of the map a scientist i inserted wont let you leave unless you have a pokemon with you except im not quite sure would i still use some of the normal dialog script or would i have to get a whole new script help is greatly apperciated and this is what i have for it so far
'---------------
#org 0x169DEE
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x818EBE6 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Remember to take one of your Partn..."
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x18EBE6
= Remember to take one of your Partners /nBefore heading out to look for

You'd need a flag to check if the POkemon menu has been activated (0x828) and some movements for him. :3

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2010
You'd need a flag to check if the POkemon menu has been activated (0x828) and some movements for him. :3
ok how would i be able to do that the flag thing i never really understood how to do it or the movements themselfs can you give me some sort of example ive been looking for a tutorial and still cant find one

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
ok how would i be able to do that the flag thing i never really understood how to do it or the movements themselfs can you give me some sort of example ive been looking for a tutorial and still cant find one

All the commands and help stuff is included in the XSE guide and command help. Also, there's a tutorial by diegoisawesome which goes through a lot of scripting commands. Once you understand them, it's all about putting the together to make a custom script. :3

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2010
All the commands and help stuff is included in the XSE guide and command help. Also, there's a tutorial by diegoisawesome which goes through a lot of scripting commands. Once you understand them, it's all about putting the together to make a custom script. :3
Yup thanks i just found the tut. is it possible to set flags on floor tiles?

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Instead of creating a different script,isn't there any method so that instead of birch giving
regional dex he gives national dex( I mean any specials like there is one in firered) in ruby game

If there is no other way can anyone tell me

Can i put the 4 lines

Will it work?

If not what else do i need to change in Script?

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
regional dex he gives national dex( I mean any specials like there is one in firered) in ruby game

If there is no other way can anyone tell me

Can i put the 4 lines

Will it work?

If not what else do i need to change in Script?
no. Actually, yes, it probably will, but screw existing scripts. MAKE A NEW ONE! It's really easy and a waaayyyy better deal.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Okay, I'm using XSE, and this is my script I'm having trouble with:
'---------------
#org 0x1E8091
lockall
call 0x81E80AD
releaseall
end

'---------------
#org 0x1E80AD
msgbox 0x81E8BB8 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Insert text here lol"
closeonkeypress
movesprite 0x4 0xA 0xA
applymovement 0x4 0x81E80DF
waitmovement 0x4
msgbox 0x81E8C07 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Insert more text here lololol"
waitmsg
pause 0x1E
applymovement 0x4 0x81E80EB
return

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x1E8BB8
= Insert text here lol

#org 0x1E8C07
= Insert more text here lololol

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x1E80DF
#raw 0x9 'Step Up (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x1E80EB
#raw 0x8 'Step Down (Normal)
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

The problem is that after the message, "Insert more text here lololol" appears, nothing happens. What should happen is that person #4 should start walking down, but I'm not sure why.

This is my first custom script, so tell me if I'm missing something.

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
no. Actually, yes, it probably will, but screw existing scripts. MAKE A NEW ONE! It's really easy and a waaayyyy better deal.

Sorry but its not working

The thing is if a edit the script and insert the 4 lines i dont get option to save
all i get is save as option which saves the script as rbc,rbh etc
How Im suppose to edit the script
pls help

2)How can we find and edit the the complete script of a game using advance map
(along with XSE as Script Editor)

I know how to look at the script of particular event or a map(but not the whole game)

The thing is I want to increase the price of going to safari zone but not able to find the script

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back