• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

How Would You Run Your Gym?

lacella

monsters & macarons.
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
if you were a gym leader, what type would you represent? which pokemon would you use? what would your gym look like (special features)? what kind of gym trainers would you pick, and would there be a lot of them?

for me - as much as i love psychic pokemon, i think fire would be the most fun to actually play with (pyromaniac much??? xD). i'd use victini, vulpix, ninetales, and arcanine. i actually think i'd have all females for my trainers (girl power, hehe :3), and just limit it to two or three of them.

as for my gym -- something simple but elegant, white marble and colonnades, so all that fire would stand out a lot more! but i'd also have the lighting be via fire - the chandeliers, wall lamps, etc.

i don't really have the patience to subject my opponents to a journey or puzzle before fighting me, so the path would be pretty straightforward.

your turn!

Black Bolt

Leader of Inhumans
Years
i would be a fighting type gym leader
there would some cliffs like about 5 of them
you have to battle the trainers around the place to make bridges across the cliffs
you can fall from the clif by going to it and you'd goto a new area of the gym
but if you fall, your pokemon takes massive damage (not too massive though)
there are 3 floors
the 3rd floor is flat and has a cave with me at the end
if you get to the end of each cliff area, you get teleported to the next cliff area
you also get one of your pokemon's hp restored
and you can't go back to the entrance just to make it exciting
until you beat the gym leader

there would be around 1 or 2 trainers in each cliff and mostly contains black belts and some ace trainers and rangers

i would machoke, lucario and blaziken
rematch- machamp, Lucario, Blaziken, Breloom, terrakion and gallade

i would be the 7th or 8th gym leader in the region

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
I would be a timed hot head fire gym leader with a boiling room,in which is order to achieve me you have to go through you have to find one of the boiler room and simply shut off the steam,there would be a underground cave with a beautiful waterfall which shows steam coming out,my levels in the boiling room would be like 5 floors containing waiters willing to server herb tea if you defeat them.
My team as the first match would be composed of a Typlohion,Blazikan,and a inferape.

Years
I'd like to be a Psychic-type Gym Leader and have the puzzle involve answering questions about Pokemon and battling a Trainer if the challenger gets it wrong.

My team would consist of some of my fave Psychics - Gothitelle, Elgyem and Gardevoir

Tails05

It's Electric!
Years
I would be a Grass Type Leader with a team of Shaymin Sky, Roserade, Leafeon, and Snivy. Maybe Celebi too but that might put it about over the bar with Legends. xD

I would have an outdoor Gym with beautiful gardens and fountains and stuff. :P I might have a maze or something with rivers + lily pads as a challenge. I would have child trainers and Aroma Ladies ;D

NidoJosh

Unleash your inner Nidocity
Years
I think this would be a good idea prior to Gen V

I'd be a Poison Type Gym Leader.
My team would consist of:
- My shiny Nidoking
- Drapion
- Gengar
- Roserade

I'd like my gym to push the trainer to the limit.
They would have no way to exit the gym and all pokemon would be poisoned
They would have to finish the maze under these circumstances which tests if they can keep level headed and not panic under any circumstances.
They also have to be intelligent to not waste steps because their pokemon are nearing their end.
Upon finishing the puzzle they will get to heal their pokemon and fight on even grounds.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'd be a trainer who specializes in different types of Pokemon, similar to Blue from G/S/C/HG/SS. My gym puzzle would be similar to Norman's (in a maze of rooms), but the trainers will have varying Pokemon. My Pokemon would be:
-Gallade (ace Pokemon)
-Excadrill
-Lucario
-Salamence
-Archeops
-Empoleon

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I would definitely be a Steel-type gym leader. My Gym would be part of a museum much like Lenoras.

My team would be:

Magnezone
Skarmory
Metagross
Empoleon
Ferrothorn

One from each generation, and then my vintage would be Cobalion. :3

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
@I think I had Nidojosh's idea during the past thread. Utilizing Venoshock of course.

we had so many of this threads in the past. :) it brought out people's creativity.

well, I changed my gym in my mind at least.

GYM

TYPE: NORMAL
No. of Trainers: 5-6 I guess
nth badge. what is n?: I guess 6th or 7th.
PUZZLE?

yes. It would be a jigsaw puzzle where the trainers are required to push the correct pieces of block to the correct place. If they placed a piece on the correct one, a trainer will appear. The player will need to defeat everybody before they can challenge me.

Pokemon:

<some new signature Pokemon> or Snorlax
Miltank
Stoutland
Slaking
Togekiss

that's it I guess.

miju-kun

soaring
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2014
I would be a Psychic type gym leader.

Type: Psychic
Gym Puzzle: When you enter, it will show a straight path and there will be a door which will lead you to a zero-gravity place. You cannot control your trainer.(example; pressing the A button, in the gym, it will activate as the right). You can control yourself again if you land on a blue space.
Gym no.: 8
Pokémon: Gardevoir, Alakazam, Metagross, Espeon, Beheeyem, Reuniclus.

FINISHED.

Palcks

some nights.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 30, 2012
I would rather enjoy being a dual Grass- and Bug-type Gym Leader. I feel like both of those types go well together, and present an equal challenge to trainers. Each have their own advantages, but the common weakness of Fire is something a lot of people could easily utilize.

I'm not a huge fan on Gym challenges, so I would probably keep it simple, but not too easy. Like a large forest maze, with me at the end. Since most of my favorite Pokémon are either Grass- or Bug-types, I can use my favorites in battle and just enjoy everything. It would be rather fun.

Holidaze

Celestial Daze's Holiday Alt.
Years
I'd be a normal type gym leader. Probably number 4 of the league
My team would be Smeargle,Kecleon and the Porygon line.
The challenge would be COLOR DASH!
For this,trainers get a random color list chosen, each type before proceeding to the next room.
If the first Pokemon is of the chosen type first color, they fight not trainers, if the second,they fight one,the third 2,and the rest, 3.
With 3 rooms, they'll face me in the end. ^_^

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'm going for a mized-type Gym, as I don't like the vulnerability of training one type.

My gym would be elegant in design, with columns, granite/marble floors, lots of dark wood furniture, and the like. Jazzy piano music would be playing in the background and I'd have a statue of the legendary trainer Leaf gracing the entrance. I'd pose some sort of intellectual challenge, like a quiz. Subject of the quiz to be determined, but probably some of my own oddball interests like Quality Inns or large American luxury cars of the 1970's and 1980's... And you must face trainers if you get the quiz wrong, similar to Blaine's Gym.

Team:
Persian, Jolteon, Metagross, Walrein, Weezing, Flygon.

Gym #8.

I'd probably have all girl trainers in the gym under me ;) Mostly Ladies, Parasol Ladies, School Kids, and Picnickers.

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
The player would have to go through the gym and find three keys. The paths to the keys are heavily guarded with trainers. Also, if the player stays there too long, then their Pokémon get the status ailment FREEZE. The only way to stop that is to go to certain places that are warm. However, once they get there they HAVE to fight a trainer. If the trainer leaves or blacks out, the keys and trainers reset.

lacella

monsters & macarons.
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
@I think I had Nidojosh's idea during the past thread. Utilizing Venoshock of course.

we had so many of this threads in the past. :) it brought out people's creativity.

oh! sorry for the accidental repost then. i searched for "if you were a gym leader" threads on the forum but didn't find anything like this, so thought i was in the green zone. my bad. :X

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
oh! sorry for the accidental repost then. i searched for "if you were a gym leader" threads on the forum but didn't find anything like this, so thought i was in the green zone. my bad. :X

No, no, you're fine. None of those threads are within the one-month limit. (: I think he was just commenting on liking these types of threads when they come up.

lacella

monsters & macarons.
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012

No, no, you're fine. None of those threads are within the one-month limit. (: I think he was just commenting on liking these types of threads when they come up.

oh, yay! xD thanks toujours n__n and thanks miltank!

the replies are really interesting, btw, they're fun to read through!! (: i'm still holding out for an ultimate pokemon mmorpg where you can eventually open up your own gym <3___<3

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 11, 2020
Well~ Ilike all sors of pokemon... but if I had to pick a type, i'd go with A flying or fighting typed place~ I don't trust myself with fire.. -w-

the place would have a simple, old ton kinda of feel. No puzzles. I want it to be straight forward
I'd use:
Crobat, Skarmory, Tropius, and Wargle~

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I would be the Dragon gym, located in a big fancy underwater facility with big windows looking out onto the sea floor with all the fish and sponges and such. I guess it could be like a underwater hotel or resort or something.

Basically you'd just have to fight your way through a number of chambers through 5 or 6 Ace Trainers until you get to my big domed central area with a number balconies for the guest to view the match.

My team: Haxorus, Kingdra, Flygon, and my shiny Arcanine with Dragon moves.

If you win you get a free room in the hotel, and room service, and a sub will take you back up to the surface the next morning. LOL :D

Back