• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: HGSS Golden Edition

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 5, 2018
For Red, I was really secretly hoping for an all lv100 team, so that no one needs to worry about over training and making the battle anti-fun. :) Lv100 team battles will be the true "final battle" experience of a pokemon game.

As for Feebas, I can definitely understand your concern. I just figured that with Hoenn Sound, gen3s are available, yet the signature Feebas is not there, which is really disappointing and sad to me. I'm not a big fan of using save editor, so I'll pass on that. It's your game, your call, totally understandable.

Thanks for the reply!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 5, 2018
Also, bug report:

Celadon City game center, the fat man npc on the left. Is he supposed to give you coins? The "let me share my luck with you" line freezes my game. Latest version, soul silver with level curve. :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Also, bug report:

Celadon City game center, the fat man npc on the left. Is he supposed to give you coins? The "let me share my luck with you" line freezes my game. Latest version, soul silver with level curve. :)

Hmm cant seem to recreate your problem. Could you perhaps send me your save file in any way?

That or give me as much information as possible. Like:

How many coins he gives.
How many coins you have.
etc

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 5, 2018
Hmm cant seem to recreate your problem. Could you perhaps send me your save file in any way?

That or give me as much information as possible. Like:

How many coins he gives.
How many coins you have.
etc

Ah it's likely to be my situation. I got my coin box during an old version, and I updated to the newest version before encountering that problem. I had 237 coins at the time, I think, and I don't know how many he's giving because the game freezes before that.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Just wanted to say that I really enjoy this romhack.
I love HGSS a lot, but there were always a few things that disappointed me, like the removal of Kris.
This hack fixes/adds just about everything I could ever want for the best Johto experience, real nice job.

Years
Downloaded this last night and made it to goldenrod and im really loving this game so far! keep up the great work! its the littlest things that can make this game so much better than the vanilla games, i just have a few questions.

when would you say the best time to do the unown sidequest would be? i was thinking after surf is obtained since thats when you can unlock all the puzzles iirc.

are the wild pokemon in kanto still very low leveled? i know kanto is a deserted wasteland in HGSS and you can knock it out in 4 hours (if that) but it would still be nice for grinding and not getting screwed over with low level encounters if you're nuzlocking the game.

and lastly, do you plan on making TMs reusable and implementing the BW2 repel system if it is possible?

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Hello, thanks for sharing your hack with us. Can I just ask you here or in DM if I'm looking for a specific Pokémon to capture? Or is there a "cheat sheet"?

Thanks

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Downloaded this last night and made it to goldenrod and im really loving this game so far! keep up the great work! its the littlest things that can make this game so much better than the vanilla games, i just have a few questions.

when would you say the best time to do the unown sidequest would be? i was thinking after surf is obtained since thats when you can unlock all the puzzles iirc.

are the wild pokemon in kanto still very low leveled? i know kanto is a deserted wasteland in HGSS and you can knock it out in 4 hours (if that) but it would still be nice for grinding and not getting screwed over with low level encounters if you're nuzlocking the game.

and lastly, do you plan on making TMs reusable and implementing the BW2 repel system if it is possible?

Well, the unown sidequest can be done whenever you want if your playing the regular version but if your playing the more difficult 'higher level curve fix' version then I would recommend doing it ASAP, so yes after surf is obtained. (The lucky egg is quite useful)

As for Kanto, again only in the 'higher level curve fix' version all of the wild pokemon in kanto including trainers, have their levels increased by 12-15 levels so grinding should be much more bearable.

and AGAIN, reusable TMs are on my 'to-do list'. But until I figure out how to do that they are unchanged. I will announce when re-usable TMs are added.

The B2W2 repel thingy did cross my mind but same reason as TMs apply here.

Hello, thanks for sharing your hack with us. Can I just ask you here or in DM if I'm looking for a specific Pokémon to capture? Or is there a "cheat sheet"?

Thanks

I had thought about making a cheat sheet but I'm constantly updating this mod I never got the chance.
Just ask me what pokemon your looking for and I will respond asap. :wink-right-eye:

Last edited:
Years
For some odd reason the trainer sprites are glitchy and have black pixels around them. I think I might have patched the game the wrong way and that is what caused the error. Is there a way I can fix it?

Years
Sadly I deleted the game before I was able to do that so I'm going to re-install the game. Do you have any tips for me to use when I'm patching the original game? *Edit: I realized that the error isn't caused by the hack itself but rather the emulator I'm using because the people behind the creation of the emulator doesn't support Pok?mon games.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 8, 2020
Greetings, I have been a long time follower of this project, and I just now made an account as to reply after I saw that you had posted again recently, and that this project hasn't been abandoned as so many other hack projects have been. I have never actually hacked myself, but I have spent hundreds of hours researching to the point where I feel like I have a decent grasp on how the systems works, but have not mastered it. Now to get to the point, I was following another thread for Pokemon Mind Crystal which looks as if it has been abandoned (last update was 2014.) His hack has many simmilarities to yours, but I did notice one thing he had incorporated that stood out to me amongst his list. He was able to add a small but awesome hack for a gender dependent storyline, which he (Mero Mero) demos on his YouTube channel (link below.) I spent forever trying to see if he had uploaded that particular patch independently, or if someone had replicated it. I even tried to isolate the particular files he had changed, but to no avail. Anyways, even if I had, the dialogue for his hacks are in French as he patches to a French version of HG/SS. (Changing dialogue is something I haven't figured out yet too.) I found a translated version of Mind Crystal that someone had translated, but they had ONLY translated dialogue, and none of the menus or icons as well as being one of his older versions (I can link the file if you are at all interested.) Anyways, I was wondering if you ever planned on incorporating anything like this in your hack. I also know that you don't ever plan on adding fairy types to this hack, but I saw there was a way to do it in case you would ever want to do it in future projects. Assuming you have not seen any of the projects I am referring to, Mero Mero has some incredible in-depth tutorials on how to add them, or you could even take his and change the language on the type icon to have a fully functioning fairy type patch as I believe he has those files up somewhere. He has some of the best explanations of how the code in HG/SS works that I have ever seen, and some of his work on these particular roms has been groundbreaking for the community. In conclusion, I just wanted to bring these things to your attention in case you had not seen them or thought of them and I am sorry for the lengthy reply. Your work is fantastic, and I have had a TON of fun playing your hacks, and you have been my favorite modder to follow for a while now. Thank you for all your time and work, and I will not be offended if none of this interests you, I just wanted to help in any way I could in what I consider to be the greatest HG/SS rom hack out there to date. Keep up the good work! Mahalo!

I'm not allowed to post links yet, so just add https:// and https://www respectively

-Mero Mero, gender varrying storyline patch demo: youtu.be/6mSEx6OxzmQ

-Mero Mero, Fairy type tutorial: .pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=335244

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Greetings, I have been a long time follower of this project, and I just now made an account as to reply...

Thanks for the info, I am aware of MeroMero's groundbreaking asm skills and am more than interested in adding some of these features to my hack. The sad truth is MeroMero tends to go AWOL for long periods so getting help from him is rather difficult. Thankfully he is going to write up tutorials for me and other hackers on how to do some of the stuff that MindCrystal has, but until he does eventually write them, these features will have to remain absent which is frustrating since I want to add them just as much as you might want to see them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 8, 2020
Makes sense, I had noticed his long absences and wondered about that myself. Anyways thank you for the reply and keep up the good work! You'll always be my favorite rom hacker :)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 27, 2023
Hey is there anyway we could get ether the kanto starters or fossil pokemon early since those and snorlax are still kanto exclusive. My second question is would there be anyway you could rework the safari zone so we can instantly get all of the pre block pokemon on our first visit, if not I understand this is still the definitive way to play HGSS

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Updated for 12/8/2018. please check the notes on the main page.

Hey is there anyway we could get ether the kanto starters or fossil pokemon early since those and snorlax are still kanto exclusive. My second question is would there be anyway you could rework the safari zone so we can instantly get all of the pre block pokemon on our first visit, if not I understand this is still the definitive way to play HGSS

Im afraid not, the safari zone is way too complex to even begin to edit. If it can even be done at all, it will take a very long time. As for the starters and fossils, I would prefer to keep that the way it is, you could always just edit your save to have them you know?

Last edited:
Back