• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Angel

Living for now
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
Lol, I don't think your computer will let me send you an alarm clock
If you have a phone you could always set that as your alarm - I've done it before.

Blue Angel

Living for now
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
Just put it out of your reach in the morning, that way you have to get up to turn it off and you can't unconsciously turn it off. Works for me.

Blue Angel

Living for now
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
Now that we have handled with your sleeping issue, Let's move back to my problem :P

Blue Angel

Living for now
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
It isn't that. It isn't a problem going to sleep, it is a problem STAYING asleep till after 6:30 am
Of course, I could always go to bed early so I get exactly the amount i want :p

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Woo. Sleep. What is that again? I've been going to bed between two and four in the morning for like the past two weeks. I sleep in until like noon though, so it isn't too bad.

And the Character Chat is gone. This makes me sad. *cheesy scene with me draped sobbing over the body of Character Chat, which has been impaled through the heart by a gigantic lock* WHY!?!?!?

Anyways, I have a book to write. And I know almost all of you do too. So if you're lazy/stuck like me, I have something to say to you: JUST FREAKING WRITE IT ALREADY!

...I probably needed to hear that the most out of everyone.

Blue Angel

Living for now
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
By book do you mean Fan Fiction?
Cause actually knowing an author of a book would be cool :p

txteclipse

The Last
Years
By book do you mean Fan Fiction?
Cause actually knowing an author of a book would be cool :p

Yeah, it's a fanfiction. A lot of writers get their start in fanfiction, though, and fanfics are still technically books. Some really good ones have actually been published (halo, dungeons and dragons, and world of warcraft are some examples). A few pokemon fanfics have even made it to market, although the only ones I've seen are adaptations of the movies/anime.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
Sigh, this was why I left Serebii last summer... Too many people on making too many posts at a time. It gets hard for me to keep up with stuff that way...

Oh, well, I've just got one little thing I could use some advice on right now, though it may come across as a bit silly (part of the comic humor I'm trying to give some parts of Feral Twilight). Would it be odd if I nicknamed a person after a Pokemon...or rather a fake Pokemon? Hmm... How can I describe this without it sounding to absurd...? There's this one man in my fic whose supposed to be kind of brutish and kind of controling like a fakemon of mine (a cetacean-like creature called Dolking... Yeah, if that name doesn't want to make you laugh, I don't know what will...). Does it sound like it'd be a good idea to give the guy a nickname like that, or is it too childish since mine's supposed to be kind of a suspense/drama/comedy?

Saffire Persian

Feline of Light and Shadow
Years
  • Age 36
  • Utah
  • Seen Nov 7, 2011
Concerning the nicknaming thing, I don't see why not, quite honestly. If you compare it to our world, we often nickname people after animals. (Tiger, for instance). You using a pokémon name likely will seem jarring at first for the reader, but I'd expect they'd get used to it.

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
Years
Woo. Sleep. What is that again? I've been going to bed between two and four in the morning for like the past two weeks. I sleep in until like noon though, so it isn't too bad.

And the Character Chat is gone. This makes me sad. *cheesy scene with me draped sobbing over the body of Character Chat, which has been impaled through the heart by a gigantic lock* WHY!?!?!?

Anyways, I have a book to write. And I know almost all of you do too. So if you're lazy/stuck like me, I have something to say to you: JUST FREAKING WRITE IT ALREADY!

...I probably needed to hear that the most out of everyone.

I know, I was really starting to enjoy the character chat -_-

And going to bed late = me. I say I'm not but I can't help it.

And I'm stuck in writers block too! We have a lot of the same things going on, lol.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
Oh crap, I need help

I don't think it is writer's block, but maybe I am wrong.
What is it called when you can't find the right words to wright. I have plenty of ideas, and strong desire to write. But I can't seem to get the right words to come out. In two hours of work, I have typed 4 lines in Word. This is relay slow, I should have several pages typed by now. But every time I start, I stop and go back because I don't like the wording I'm using.

Any help/suggestions? :(:(

Last edited:

Blue Angel

Living for now
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
Oh crap, I need help

I don't think it is writer's block, but maybe I am wrong.
What is it called when you can't find the right words to wright. I have plenty of ideas, and strong desire to write. But I can't seem to get the right words to come out. In two hours of work, I have typed 4 lines in Word. This is relay slow, I should have several pages typed by now. But every time I start, I stop and go back because I don't like the wording I'm using.

Any help/suggestions? :(:(

I would call that "Grasping at Straws"
You are looking for the right "colored straw" but you can't find it.

There are a few methods I know of:

Try listening to music or some other inspiration; the words may flow.

Try taking a break and coming back to it.

Try looking up the word you don't like and find a different word that fits(make sure you look it up to see if it is the same/similar definitions)

My favorite is, no matter if you like the wording or not - write what you wanted to. Doesn't matter the quality of the words yet. Just write to your hearts content, then go back when you are all done, read through it, and see if any words come to you.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
Okay, Bay and Sapphire Persian... I just wasn't too sure. I mean, the guy is supposed to be a tough seaman in the story, but then hearing the name Dolking kind of makes him sound not so tough. But, when you guys put it that way, I'll stick with it.

Buoysel

Years
I would call that "Grasping at Straws"
You are looking for the right "colored straw" but you can't find it.

There are a few methods I know of:

Try listening to music or some other inspiration; the words may flow.

Try taking a break and coming back to it.

Try looking up the word you don't like and find a different word that fits(make sure you look it up to see if it is the same/similar definitions)

My favorite is, no matter if you like the wording or not - write what you wanted to. Doesn't matter the quality of the words yet. Just write to your hearts content, then go back when you are all done, read through it, and see if any words come to you.

Thanks, I think that once I get past the speed bump of introduction of the chapter, then my creative juices should start flowing and thinks should start flowing like a river.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
Well, I'm back! For those who didn't know (or care), I've been on a backpacking trip at Philmont in Cimmaron, New Mexico for the past eleven days or so. I'd attempt to pitch in to the conversation, but my legs are about to fall off and I haven't had a proper sleep for almost two weeks.

Buoysel

Years
Well, I'm back! For those who didn't know (or care), I've been on a backpacking trip at Philmont in Cimmaron, New Mexico for the past eleven days or so. I'd attempt to pitch in to the conversation, but my legs are about to fall off and I haven't had a proper sleep for almost two weeks.

I'm from Mew Mexico, and I've never heard of that, where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back