• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what would your dream team be?

Noctis

Finally back after some family problems
Years
Hey guys. What would your dream team be? Mine personally would be Lycanroc,Aegislash,Lucario,Gengar,Carracosta,and Sylveon.

Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 26, 2020
Aegislash and Gengar are two of my fav pkmn ever. I would use them both (I do in the TCG).
I usually like to have a baby water type too though, like Totodile or Froakie or Mudkip.
Then I would want something which looks cool and tough like a Nidoking or a Dragon type.
After that, it's tough because there are a lot of other options I could pick, but a cool Grass type like Vileplume or Venasaur would be good, or a Pinsir or Heracross because I really like the design.
Then I would want a Rock or Ground type to round it off, maybe Golem because I like the old ones, or Tyrantrum because I like dinosaurs a lot.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Every Pokemon in my signature

Haxorus, Lanturn, Slaking, Ursaring, Spinda, Crobat

I've come close. I used Crobat, Slaking, Lanturn, and Ursaring on the same team.

Years
Just trying to think back to Pokemon I've used across multiple playthroughs, I'd probably find a way to use Azumarill, Lucario, Sigilyph, Gardevoir, and Absol. Would probably throw in Butterfree as my sixth since it's my favorite, even though the type coverage of the team isn't that great overall.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Here we go:

1. A Charjabug; since Moon it's been a staple on my teams.
2. A male Gardevoir that's made to counter the villainous team, as well as have a fitting name (Waterproof and Rocketproof).
3. A Tsareena. Usually, I like to think of my Tsareena as a partner to my Gardevoir.
4. A Seismitoad. I've never actually used one on any of my teams before, so I hope to give it its time to shine soon.
5. A good special Fire-type- a Salazzle, a Volcarona, or whatever else the game has to offer that isn't a starter.
6. Whatever else catches my eye.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Dream team is Mantine, Skarmory, Smeargle, Espeon, Dunsparce, Heracross. Basically my top favorite Johto pokemon.

Edit: more detail
mantine.png

Mantine - Is a strong, commendable water type and the counterpart to an OU mainstay and formidable defensive wall Skarmory. It has a slick and adorable manta ray design. It's elegant and can take special hits well. It is the best water/flying > Gyarados, Pelipper, Swanna. Its relationship with Remoraid is cool example of pokemon mutualism. I think Mantyke is unnecessary because it ruins its status as a cool single stage pokemon while Skarmory is still going solo. Speaking of Skarmory.
skarmory.png

Skarmory - is a goat pokemon, being a defensive single stage pokemon playing with the OU big shots and holding its own. It's has a sleak, light but durable silver bird design and it can go 190 MPH. It is most certainly on top of the food chain in the pokemon world. If Skarmory gets a pre-evo, despite fans wanting symmetry between Skarm and Mantine, I'll be very annoyed as it wouldn't be that cool solo pokemon that stands among the pseudos and legendaries.
smeargle.png

Cute beagle dog with some utility from its nigh limitless movepool. I love how it sticks its tongue out. If this thing gets ruined by an evolution I'll be annoyed. I rather it have a stat buff like Mantine to make it better in battle.
espeon.png

Best eeveelution and powerful at that. Best eevee design and it also happens to be my favorite psychic. Umbreon is overrated, Espeon is way cooler. I love its design, its so sleak and memorable with its gem and forked tail. Gen 2 battle wise may seem wimpy to tier lovers but you can't beat gen 2 designs.
dunsparce.png

Good old dunsparce, always being dumped on by people. Always being compared to the likes of Magikarp and Luvdisc. People always talking about some "evolution" and I remember that Drampa theory during the Sun and Moon talk. Dunsparce is too cool to be a pre evo of Drampa, lol, and it's to cool for an evolution and should get a mega or stat buff. It's a adorable snake bug thing apparently based of some fabled Tsuchinoko in Japan. If I ever decided to play competitive again, I'll use this thing in any tier without any doubt or care that it's not a high on tier lists.
heracross-f.png

Heracross with its Herculean strength will always be the best bug/fighting. Good stand out design, GF messed up on its mega and instead gave Pinsir all the mega glory. Still Heracross, mega or not is a true force to be reckon with and like Skarmory, hangs with three stage monsters and still comes out standing strong solo (I really like single stagers). No pre-evo for this thing thank you GF. Just focus on making a good game.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Im partial to Kanto Pokemon being that I play Yellow version a lot. For me, it'd be the following:

butterfree-f.png

Butterfree

Although Bug Types got majorly shafted in Generation 1(and as a result Psychic Type dominance), this Bug Type Pokemon still manages to make my Team on most runs for two reasons. Firstly, and most obvious reason is that it counters Brock exceptionally well(more so for Generation 1 as opposed to FRLG where he has Rock Tomb and x4 to Butterfree). The other reason is that it can be considered a quasi-Psychic Type without it being a Psychic Pokemon. That gives it an edge that other Bug Types simply do not benefit from and by being a Flying Type makes it viable against Ground Type Pokemon. I consider Butterfree to be the iconic Butterfly Pokemon that all future Generations try to copy(Beautifly and Vivillon are prime examples).

ninetales.png

Ninetales

Vulpix is without a doubt my favorite Pokemon and I struggle each and every time to evolve it into its final form. Many Generation 1 fans will point to Arcanine, Flareon or Charizard as their Fire Type picks(and I don't blame them) but for me, Ninetales is number one. I love Alolan Ninetales by the way(but I just can't bring myself to add her to my dream team just yet).

lapras.png

Lapras

Although training a Lapras is incredibly time consuming, I can find no better Water/Ice Type Pokemon that I'd want more on my team. Its design and natural ability to transport you make it an ideal pick for getting around by sea.

sandslash.png

Sandslash

Very few Pokemon exist with a single Typing and Sandslash is one that just sticks out to me. Plus, who wouldn't want a Porcupine?

snorlax.png

Snorlax

The fact you have to face one in order to proceed in RBY or FRLG is basically Gamefreak's way of saying that you should catch and use this Pokemon. Plus there are times where I emulate its eating habits.... *sigh*

dragonite.png

Dragonite

Do I even have to explain why? Granted Dragon Type moves were virtually non-existent in Generation 1, this Pokemon might as well be considered a Legendary.

PS: Mewtwo is cheating -.-

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
Years
Dream team: Drapion, claydol, klefki, breloom, lanturn, chandelure.

Proud to say that drapion, claydol and chandelure were all present on my gen 5 team, but since then, this dream team has yet to be closer.

Years
Piplup to raise as my own.
Nidoking for battling others.
Feraligatr for surfing and a shower.
Charizard for flying and fires.
Gardevoir for cuddles.
Raichu for charging my phone.

Years
my dream team is a team focused around gen V, and it means so much to me. Unova mons are extremely important to me and I'd love to use all of these guys every time through each game I play, if it were possible to obtain them all.

497.png
573.png
547.png
518.png
620.png
587.png

babies <3 but add in Flareon, Audino (mega), Togedemaru, Chespin, and Wartortle to swap between and I'll be a happy camper!

Back