The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio Sideshow Showcase
Hack Series Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.33 Released]

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

Old April 20th, 2018 (5:22 PM). Edited April 20th, 2018 by Buffel Saft.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by buley View Post
    And since you're still replying, I have some news!
    If you replace the original code.bin with the one in the 1.5 update, and edit it as you like with pk3DS, the patch will work with 1.5 update! I also removed the 0/7/4 file, since it's in the update too, to avoid any bugs. But if you edit the one within the 1.5 update, it should work fine.
    The game didn't froze until now, but i will keep testing.
    I'm using the legal version installed with luma, without the 0/1/2 file (wild pokémon), 2/1/3,5 and 8 (lvl up moves, egg moves, lvl up moves, HA and such) and with all trainer levels multiplied by 0.8 (so they are slighty higher than the originals). I din't tested the other install methods because I find the luma install method much easier to test.
    Ooh, that's an interesting find. Last time I tried getting the update to run with the hack, pk3DS couldn't edit the code.bin file (though that's not really an issue as HxD can edit it just fine). I'll see if I can get the full hack running with the update, it'd be nice to have all the bug fixes it brings. Thanks for letting me know about this! I won't bother with the other install methods either, there's really no reason to use them over luma.

EDIT: After testing this, it seems that including any of the mod files that clash with the update makes luma crash, so the full hack still won't work with the update unfortunately.

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 21st, 2018 (12:36 PM).

Nature: Quirky
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Buffel Saft View Post
      EDIT: After testing this, it seems that including any of the mod files that clash with the update makes luma crash, so the full hack still won't work with the update unfortunately.
      This is sad :(
      Do you have a list with the changes you did in the game text (0/7/4) and the wild pokémon (2/1/0) in the online version, and on the code.bin in the legit version? I can redo this changes manually in the 1.5 files if you want to, since this 3 are the problematic ones.
      Old April 21st, 2018 (2:16 PM).

Quote:
        This is sad :(
        Do you have a list with the changes you did in the game text (0/7/4) and the wild pokémon (2/1/0) in the online version, and on the code.bin in the legit version? I can redo this changes manually in the 1.5 files if you want to, since this 3 are the problematic ones.
        The wild Pokemon file should be ok as is, IIRC the one in the update is identical to the one in the base game, so no need to edit that one. Might be worth double checking if you've got a clean garc available though. Game text changes should just be move descriptions for Cut, Strength and Drill Peck (maybe Draining Kiss too if I remembered to update that). The code.bin includes the updated TM list and mart changes. Good luck, and thanks for trying this!
        Old April 24th, 2018 (2:16 PM).

Hello again! I've took some time, but there it is!
          The online version of Eternal X was not working. You forgot to rename 0004000000055"E"00 to 0004000000055"D"00 in the Eternal X folder
          When I tried to edit the TMs (elemental punches and such) the game crashed, so I've edited one without this changes.
          Replace the eternal x online files with this ones in the 0004000000055D00 file and and tell me if it worked for you :)
          Ah, I probably forgot to edit some market item prices (2/2/0 file), sry
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SPNymYHc52bfTVupeYtkk4kcGlV9xh12/view?usp=sharing
          Old April 29th, 2018 (10:21 PM).

Quote:
            Hello again! I've took some time, but there it is!
            The online version of Eternal X was not working. You forgot to rename 0004000000055"E"00 to 0004000000055"D"00 in the Eternal X folder
            When I tried to edit the TMs (elemental punches and such) the game crashed, so I've edited one without this changes.
            Replace the eternal x online files with this ones in the 0004000000055D00 file and and tell me if it worked for you :)
            Ah, I probably forgot to edit some market item prices (2/2/0 file), sry
            https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SPNymYHc52bfTVupeYtkk4kcGlV9xh12/view?usp=sharing
            Whoops, that's fixed now. The online version was kinda half-assed, so I'm not surprised that happened :laugh-squinted:. Your code.bin is working perfectly; I've added it to the online version download. Thanks for getting that working! It's a shame about the TMs, but probably for the best seeing as they won't work without edited Pokemon data anyway. I suppose I'll need to make one for Wilting Y at some point too. Was it just a simple pk3DS edit or did you have to use a hex editor?
            Old April 30th, 2018 (11:49 AM).

Was just a matter of finding and replacing the updated files, then a simple pk3DS edit solved the problem :D
              Old May 2nd, 2018 (8:11 PM).

It's kinda weird but I'm using Hans to install the hack.. But I'm having problems...
                I've done everything that's there.. But it won't work.. Anyway fixing it or is using Hans outdated or something.
                Old May 2nd, 2018 (9:45 PM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by KRDriver View Post
                  It's kinda weird but I'm using Hans to install the hack.. But I'm having problems...
                  I've done everything that's there.. But it won't work.. Anyway fixing it or is using Hans outdated or something.
                  Hans is very outdated. I don't remember too much about using it, but it should still work with the hack as long as you don't include the edited .cro file when building the ROMfs. luma custom firmware is the preferred way to play these days, it makes installing mods a simple drag and drop process. If you've still got access to Hans you can get luma running on your 3DS by following this guide: https://3ds.hacks.guide/
                  Old May 12th, 2018 (5:13 AM). Edited May 12th, 2018 by KRDriver.

Thanks!! Finally got Luma 3ds. Now I have another problem for one thing I patched everything as instructed the problem is that once I start the game the custom title screen is not appearing and I'm playing the English version. Any idea what went wrong?

Edit: Nvm I found out I had merge the documents.
                    Old May 15th, 2018 (3:51 AM).
                    I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!

Nature: Brave
                      Unfortunately it crashes when I get out of the buiding. Playing on LUMA. Maybe I'm doing something wrong
                      Old May 15th, 2018 (9:23 PM).

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by fallkitten View Post
                        Unfortunately it crashes when I get out of the buiding. Playing on LUMA. Maybe I'm doing something wrong
                        That's strange. Which building, and does it cause a crash with luma game patching disabled? Also, which version are you playing? I'll see if I can replicate the problem on my 3DS.
                        Old June 2nd, 2018 (8:27 AM).
                        I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!

Nature: Brave
                          Quote:
                          That's strange. Which building, and does it cause a crash with luma game patching disabled? Also, which version are you playing? I'll see if I can replicate the problem on my 3DS.
                          Thank you for your concern! I'm terribly sorry, it was me messing up with merging folders. I've tried to do it just via wifi and micro SD management. It was ridiculously slow and eventually it just gave me an error message, offering to repeat the process. I've agreed, it somehow finished the process way too fast. After I've installed filezilla and some tool from GBAtemp , everything went up smoothly.
                          Arvis the fennekin managed to snag blazikenite from a torchicO_O that was soo unexpected. Playing your hack bit by bit and it feels so refreshing. i haven't played pokemon X/Y since, I dunno 2014.
                          Old June 2nd, 2018 (8:59 PM).

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by fallkitten View Post
                            Thank you for your concern! I'm terribly sorry, it was me messing up with merging folders. I've tried to do it just via wifi and micro SD management. It was ridiculously slow and eventually it just gave me an error message, offering to repeat the process. I've agreed, it somehow finished the process way too fast. After I've installed filezilla and some tool from GBAtemp , everything went up smoothly.
                            Arvis the fennekin managed to snag blazikenite from a torchicO_O that was soo unexpected. Playing your hack bit by bit and it feels so refreshing. i haven't played pokemon X/Y since, I dunno 2014.
                            No problem, I'm glad that it's all working now. That Torchic is a one-time encounter, meant to be a replacement for the event one that was available for a while when X/Y were released (which came with Blazikenite and Speed Boost). That's why it had the mega stone. Good to hear you're enjoying the hack so far!
                            Old June 11th, 2018 (8:56 AM). Edited June 11th, 2018 by lisl.

How do you uninstall the hack and make the game go back to normal?
                              Old June 11th, 2018 (9:49 PM).

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by lisl View Post
                                How do you uninstall the hack and make the game go back to normal?
                                You can either disable luma's game patching feature in its menu, or delete the hack's folder from your SD card. It's luma/titles/[game ID] where "game ID" is 0004000000055D00 for X and 0004000000055E00 for Y.
                                Old June 15th, 2018 (7:57 AM).

Hey there !
                                  I'm trying to install the Legal Insanity Mode for Wilting Y using the drag and drop method.
                                  I did remove the DLC content and did the Luma step as well, but when I try to launch the game it results in an error :

" An exception occurred
                                  Processor : ARM11 ( core 0 )
                                  Exception type : data abort
                                  Fault status : Permission - Page
                                  Current process : kujira-2 "

Is there anything to fix this ? Thanks :)
                                  Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:54 AM).

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Prinny Dood View Post
                                    Hey there !
                                    I'm trying to install the Legal Insanity Mode for Wilting Y using the drag and drop method.
                                    I did remove the DLC content and did the Luma step as well, but when I try to launch the game it results in an error :

" An exception occurred
                                    Processor : ARM11 ( core 0 )
                                    Exception type : data abort
                                    Fault status : Permission - Page
                                    Current process : kujira-2 "

Is there anything to fix this ? Thanks :)
                                    Hey, thanks for the detailed error report! Unfortunately the only way I've been able to replicate this error was with the update installed. However, as that's not the problem, all I can suggest is re-downloading the game files and repeating the install process; I've just re-uploaded Wilting Y in case there was a problem with the files on Google drive (which has happened before). Hopefully that will fix the problem, but let me know if it doesn't and I'll try to come up with something else.
                                    Old 4 Weeks Ago (4:22 AM).

Quote:
                                      Hey, thanks for the detailed error report! Unfortunately the only way I've been able to replicate this error was with the update installed. However, as that's not the problem, all I can suggest is re-downloading the game files and repeating the install process; I've just re-uploaded Wilting Y in case there was a problem with the files on Google drive (which has happened before). Hopefully that will fix the problem, but let me know if it doesn't and I'll try to come up with something else.
                                      Thanks for your reply !
                                      Just to make sure I've re-downloaded the real update, so I could delete it again, and the additional data as well.
                                      Did the drag and drop again and now it works perfectly !
                                      Can't wait to try it !
                                      Old 1 Week Ago (9:58 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by d00mhound.

Playing through a Nuzlocke run of Eternal X Rebalanced and loving it so far!

Just one question: are Power Herbs available as a wild held item or purchasable before Kiloude City? The Seedots on Route 22 don't seem to hold Power Herbs like they could in OR (Nuzleaf in OR and USUM could too, but from the documentation it looks like only Seedot can be found in your hack). It makes sense since Seedots didn't hold them in X & Y, but it'd be nice to have access to them before the Elite Four. I'd love to eventually be able to give some of these trainers a taste of their own medicine, especially with my Delphox since she'd steal the target's item after hitting it with Solar Beam :D
                                        Old 1 Week Ago (11:02 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Buffel Saft.

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by d00mhound View Post
                                          Playing through a Nuzlocke run of Eternal X Rebalanced and loving it so far!

Just one question: are Power Herbs available as a wild held item or purchasable before Kiloude City? The Seedots on Route 22 don't seem to hold Power Herbs like they could in OR (Nuzleaf in OR and USUM could too, but from the documentation it looks like only Seedot can be found in your hack). It makes sense since Seedots didn't hold them in X & Y, but it'd be nice to have access to them before the Elite Four. I'd love to eventually be able to give some of these trainers a taste of their own medicine, especially with my Delphox since she'd steal the target's item after hitting it with Solar Beam :D
                                          Good to hear you're enjoying the hack, good luck with your Nuzlocke!

Most of the ORAS wild held items didn't make it into EXWY, but it seems that Power Herbs aren't available at all outside of the Battle Maison, so that will need to be changed. I'll see if I can get an update sorted tonight to add the held item changes from ORAS.

EDIT: The update is available now, wild Seedot will hold Power Herbs 50% of the time. All of the other ORAS wild held items have also been added, including the level curve-destroying Lucky Egg Pelipper.
                                          Old 1 Week Ago (5:13 PM).
                                          Random-Rambling Random-Rambling is online now

Okay, I think I've installed Eternal X correctly, and am going to be doing a "Wusslocke", a somewhat easier variation of a Nuzlocke invented by a friend of mine. It's basically just like a Nuzlocke, except your Pokemon don't die if you deem their death to be "unfair". That is, if it's not something you could reasonably see coming, like they get OHKO'd by an (un)lucky Critical Hit or a cheap shot like Self-Destruct/Explosion, their death doesn't "count".

Of course, this variation involves a LOT of the "honor system", since it's ultimately up to you whether the death was "unfair" or not.

--------

As for the reason I made this post, I wanted to make sure: you say EX/WY will not work fully with the Pokemon X/Y updates, particularly Version 1.1. What about Versions 1.2-1.5 then? I assume I can not have those updates, and not just because they might break EX/WY, but also because they will themselves break without V 1.1.

Thanks for making this hack!
                                            Old 1 Week Ago (6:55 PM).
                                            destinedjagold destinedjagold is offline
                                            Oh Hai Thar~

Nature: Careful
                                            Quote:
                                            EXWY
                                            ............Goddamnit. You cheeky bastard.

Old 1 Week Ago (7:12 PM).

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Random-Rambling View Post
                                              Okay, I think I've installed Eternal X correctly, and am going to be doing a "Wusslocke", a somewhat easier variation of a Nuzlocke invented by a friend of mine. It's basically just like a Nuzlocke, except your Pokemon don't die if you deem their death to be "unfair". That is, if it's not something you could reasonably see coming, like they get OHKO'd by an (un)lucky Critical Hit or a cheap shot like Self-Destruct/Explosion, their death doesn't "count".

Of course, this variation involves a LOT of the "honor system", since it's ultimately up to you whether the death was "unfair" or not.

--------

As for the reason I made this post, I wanted to make sure: you say EX/WY will not work fully with the Pokemon X/Y updates, particularly Version 1.1. What about Versions 1.2-1.5 then? I assume I can not have those updates, and not just because they might break EX/WY, but also because they will themselves break without V 1.1.

Thanks for making this hack!
                                              That's probably a good choice of Nuzlocke for this hack, there are a few cheap battles in there and that'll make them much less frustrating.

Wherever I've written update 1.1 is a typo; I meant to say it doesn't work with update 1.5, or any of the older updates. Unfortunately whenever people have tried to get the hack working with the update, either the game freezes or some of the hack's features don't work. IIRC the 1.5 update spoof .cia included in the online version tricks the game into thinking it's updated, but doesn't include the bug fixes in the update (though I could be wrong about that, I didn't make that file myself and haven't tested it extensively).

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
                                              ............Goddamnit. You cheeky bastard.
                                              Can't believe no one caught that til now :laugh-squinted:
                                              Old 4 Days Ago (7:09 AM). Edited 4 Days Ago by EdarkEU.

Hi,
                                                my game keeps getting stuck in the beginning, trying to create additional data. I have downloaded the newest docs and updated and deleted multiple times.
                                                Edit: WY insanity is the version i´m trying
                                                Old 3 Days Ago (11:57 PM).
                                                Buffel Saft Buffel Saft is offline

Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by EdarkEU View Post
                                                  Hi,
                                                  my game keeps getting stuck in the beginning, trying to create additional data. I have downloaded the newest docs and updated and deleted multiple times.
                                                  Edit: WY insanity is the version i´m trying
                                                  I think someone's encountered that before, it turned out to be a luma problem. Try disabling luma's game patching feature until you can save using the in-game menu, then save your game, restart your 3DS and re-enable it. Hopefully that will fix the problem, but if not, let me know and I'll look into it further.

Quick Reply