• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think the News will be on the 8th of January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
What does RT mean anyways? Or is it just a tag thing?

If for some reaso it does turn out to be an event I hope it's Manaphy. Or maybe the other dragon not in B2W2 (R and Z).

blue

gucci
Years
What does RT mean anyways? Or is it just a tag thing?

If for some reaso it does turn out to be an event I hope it's Manaphy. Or maybe the other dragon not in B2W2 (R and Z).

RT - Retweet.

So it doesn't look like Junichi Masuda has anything interesting to say on Smash later as some expected.

"Junichi Masuda @ Junichi_Masuda
Pokemon Smash from 7:30 am tomorrow, January 06! (TV Tokyo series) is determined throne strongest tournament Pokesuma 5th! Pokemon Battle # 1 is the strongest in the Poke Suma members: Who are you? ! Also appeared Masuda, Game Freak Morimoto-kun! By all means, please watch! Stay tuned to ask to battle high level! (^ ^) / ~ ~ ~"

But he's tweeted about the 8th announcement so I can't really see it being non-game related now.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
When I see the announcement is going international, I think it is undoubtedly will be the announcement of A NEW GAME or two. I hope it's Hoenn's Game rather than a new Gen VI games.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Yeah I don't want a new Generation this year, not internationally anyway. B2W2 came so fast and I'm not even done with it. Post-game wise that is. I hope they aren't rushing the main series too much. If this was last year I'd love main series games to come out asap but I'm busy now so I welcome the duration between titles.

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
Years
Hey it looks like they will be announcing the Jan 8th news in the US too.

*Can't post links will edit post once I get 15 post on this account*
Look on the US site. I hope it is RS Remakes >:O

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
Years
I hope it is RSE Remakes
But they are really getting hyped. I heard someplace that the Pokemon franchise is evolving in 2013, whatever that means. Maybe that is what this news is about?

Years
Yeah, that was their new years card that said that. Considering the closeness between the card and this makes me think it's not a coincidence, something's coming, something big according to all the hype they've piled up these past few days.

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
Really don't want it to be Gen VI yet, Gen V has another year in it. So far, Gen V has been a let down, so really, it needs something. It done it's job though, none of you have said bye to Pokemon yet.

Here is what I think it could be:

• Gen VI (Please, No)
  • Remakes of RSE (Yes!)
  • Spin Off (Not so keen on this one)
  • 3DS Remakes of RSE (Definately)
  • Wii U Pokemon Game (Battle Revolution or something)

Yeah, half of them are pretty bad ideas, but really, I don't want much. I think a Gen VI announcement is probably going to happen, but I want Gen V to just have that one last chance it deserves.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I for one do hope these will be Gen VI games. A Colosseum/XD followup (or a similar game with a complete world, wild Pokémon and less double battles) on the Wii/WiiU would be great news too.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm really excited honestly and I really hope it's generation six! By International I hope it means it goes up in Australia first so it's technically 7th, or unless they're waiting til Japan's time. w/e I'm looking forward to it. If it's R/S remakes... I just won't really be that excited. It just feels like it should be gen six. I love Unova and all but it's fully rushed and I don't want R/S remakes in generation 5 because I don't want it merged with B/W + B2/W2 :x and IDK EVERYTHING MAKES ME THINK GENERATION SIX. Please GF, PLEASE. I want Generation Six so bad sdfghjkl. Well for nostalgic reasons too and all the possibilities and omg. I just can't even. :3;

GENERATION SIX ALSO MEANS NEW STUFF IN COMPETITIVE NEW MONS NEW TYPES NEW EVERYTHING UGH I WANT THIS I WANT NEW POKEMON IN NU TO BE AWESOME okay i'm crazy.

blue

gucci
Years
Australia have still not updated their website with a countdown so whether they're joining in with the news announcement I don't know but either way, we'll all know by Tuesday.

This is very exciting and it seems to be growing each day, part of me thinks it's something else as opposed to the predictable Generation VI & Ruby & Sapphire Remakes.

jgalvan100

*****monally Challenged
Years
Whatever the announcement is, I just hope the next Pokemon games are similar to Dragon Quest 8. To me, Dragon Quest 8 is how Pokemon should be like in 3d.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
What if its a game with a new region next to Hoenn? It could be like HGSS game. A remake AND a new game! Though maybe expand the storyline into both regions ;) I'd be happy with that!

Gen 6 would be fun, so would RSE, I just hope its something good ^_^

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Serebii isn't official, it was just a possibility for how they are all connected because we can't tell. If you look at the images of Hoenn you could see that it extends offscreen to the left :)

blue

gucci
Years
Pok%C3%A9mon_Regions.png

Based upon that image, they would have to use the remaining space that surrounds the Orre region which would complicate things.

Years
Sad how this past gen didn't have remakes or a colloseum style game. I hope it's gen VI though so those two things will be better treated opposed to the rushed B2W2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back