• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Winstrate Family

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
On Route 111, there is a house with a family in it known as the Winstrate Family. By speaking to the man standing in the front of the house, you initiate a battle with this family in a row, with no healing in between. This family consists of a father, a mother, their daughter, and a grandmother. There's also Cooltrainer Vito, who is also a Winstrate, but he is not given the Winstrate trainer class. He can be battled in Victory Road. When you beat all four Winstrates at the house, however, you are rewarded the Macho Brace.

Did you challenge the Winstrates? Would you like to see something like this return in the future?

I always challenge the Winstrates when I play R/S/E. I did it in OR/AS, too. It would feel weird if I just left them there, honestly. Apart from those in a row restaurant battles in the remakes... yes, I'd like to see more random things like this in a Pokemon game where you have to challenge members of a family in a row. That would be fun.

Quiji

Shining
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 6, 2021
I thought that they were an interesting concept, but I wish that we could've faced the family more than once since I noticed that the R/S/E games were hard to level up in due to there not being many places in which to level grind.

Back