• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Lilac

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Oooo. Post your maps in Discord please, I wanna see them. Based on the screenshots, they look exceptional.

Also

hi

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 9, 2018
I'm very excited for this! Looks like a pretty hack and I love when a rom hack includes ivs in the Pokemon screen, a new region, etc.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Over the past two weeks I finally decided to finalise Lilac's world map after multiple attempts over the past few months. I had been trying to develop a unique style to make it look really cool, but unfortunately I was unable to come up with anything particularly good during all of that time. In the end, I decided to go with an ORAS style which still looks pretty rad imo. I also updated the catch area map in the Pokedex to reflect the new region and aligned all of the routes with a new set of indicators to make it 100% unambiguous as to where you can catch Pokemon.

World_Map.png
Area_Map.png

Some of the sharper-eyed amongst you may have also noticed in my initial bunch of screenshots that the Pokemon Centre and Mart have been combined into one building. Here some screenshots of the new two-tier building.

image.png
Mart.png

That's about it for now. I'm still not too far into the project, having only mapped and scripted up to Route 2, but I'm still really pleased with how everything is going so far.

?

we need a disney princess that is pokemon lilac

this may get removed for spam if i dont say anything else so the tile combinations are beautiful like i dont have a girlfriend but if i did id say haha goodbye honey i dont need u in fact my eyes just been opened and u ugly i finally see true beauty so go away right now

now you see as i do. the magnificence of the universe has been lain bare.

Welcome back Pok?mon Lilac!
:coolcat:

:O

Looks very promising! I'll definitely check this out once the first beta is released.
Good luck!

It will be a while before that happens, but thank you!

Do you plan on making tm's reusable?

I'm not 100% decided on this. I'm not a big fan of reusable TMs, but the majority of the community is pretty positive about it. I'll have to give it a bit more time.

Would love to see at least a couple signature fakemon for this hack but other than that it looks awesome.

I'd be down with some good looking Fakemon, but I have zero scratch spriting abilities ;_;

Oooo. Post your maps in Discord please, I wanna see them. Based on the screenshots, they look exceptional.

Also

hi

I'm so self conscious about my maps though. I map, then fiddle with them on and off for months at a time.

also

bye

I'm very excited for this! Looks like a pretty hack and I love when a rom hack includes ivs in the Pokemon screen, a new region, etc.

Thanks! Everybody loves a good overhaul hack~

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
Years
Cool I #love the new world map and that pokemart is snazzy i'd shop there btw have you noticed how "Lilac" is a corruption of "Lil Hack" so yeah if you ever decide to pursue a career in hip-hop and need a name I gotchu boo

Years
I remember you from a tutorial you made a bout battle backgrounds if I'm not mistaken? :p

This looks pretty awesome! I love these tiles and all the new graphics, especially the world map. Good luck on this project!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 23, 2020
This looks really good. I'm looking forward to it.
BTW, only 200 Pokemon from 3 generations seems quite small. I like the idea of not putting every Pokemon in there, but I think a few from 4/5/6 would help make it more diverse. Overall, this seems pretty high quality.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
looks interesting from what i can see, i will probably test it out once it has 4 gyms. keep up the good work, don't give up.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Whew, I just realised that its been two months since my last update. Sorry, I legitimately thought that I had put out this update a month ago but apparently I have brain problems. Hacking took a bit of a back seat for part of that time due to some big developments at my workplace but now that everything has calmed down I should be abe to pay better attention to Lilac.

In this update, we get a look at the resident Pokemon Professor of the Lowen region and its... Professor Elm? He's come out to investigate why Pokemon level up and gain strength in discreet quantities as part of his studies. Climbable rocks have also been added, along with new text boxes. The text box for signs was made by our very own Logan a billion years ago and have been given fresh life here~

Lab.png
Elm.png
Pr1fV1X.png

I promise a nice big post for my next update as an apology for (mistakenly) not posting anything for two months. So far I've completed the game up to the third town/ first gym as well as the first dungeon so look forward to both of them being showcased next!
[h2][/h2]
This looks splendid, I will be following up on this, I hope to see this bear fruition in the future! <3

Thank you, progress is always ongoing!

Cool I #love the new world map and that pokemart is snazzy i'd shop there btw have you noticed how "Lilac" is a corruption of "Lil Hack" so yeah if you ever decide to pursue a career in hip-hop and need a name I gotchu boo

ayy and i gotchu, criminal son five million.

I remember you from a tutorial you made a bout battle backgrounds if I'm not mistaken? :p

This looks pretty awesome! I love these tiles and all the new graphics, especially the world map. Good luck on this project!

Thank you, I love to insert new graphics and make every nice. It eats up most of my time, hence less overall progress haha.

This looks really good. I'm looking forward to it.
BTW, only 200 Pokemon from 3 generations seems quite small. I like the idea of not putting every Pokemon in there, but I think a few from 4/5/6 would help make it more diverse. Overall, this seems pretty high quality.

Thank you! I am revising my original Pokedex as I realised that it need more type diversity, and there is one 6th gen Pokemon I want, but we'll see what happens~

I'll be sure to keep an eye on your little gem. Best of luck with it.

bae

This is lit, was familiar with your old Lilac. Best of luck!

Thank you! Hopefully you can see the images now!

looks interesting from what i can see, i will probably test it out once it has 4 gyms. keep up the good work, don't give up.

Giving up isn't a part of my dictionary except for when it is

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2019
Graphics look amazing and blends in really well altogether!

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I'm not a fan of this weird contrast between the lively-looking overworld and the lugubrious-looking interiors.
Other than that, Lilac is looking pretty interesting and I can't wait to give it a shot!
Good luck Fuji, keep up the good work :)!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 6, 2021
hey this looks really good, is there a beta or is it still in development?

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Got some more progress done, so here we go~

7CxW0M8.png
2ZsTKkU.png
SiRWo0D.png

This is Capsaicin Volcano, located on Route 3. While it is no longer in danger of erupting, you can sometimes see lava pooling in depressions or slowly trickling down the walls. While it is technically the first dungeon of the game, there's not much to it during your first run through as it is very short. But who know's what's waiting for you down in its depths later on?

KC8sylB.png
ZLjbxCF.png
amvsh0u.png

Hawthorn City is the largest city on your home island. Despite being isolated from other settlements by Capsaicin Volcano and Ivy Forest, it grew to be a major city due to its proximity to Route 5 which is a dangerous coastline. In the past, marooned sailors sought refuge here with many choosing to stay and live out their lives in the city that saved them. Hawthorn City is also the location of the first gym that you will face in the Lowen Region challenge. No prizes for guessing the gym's type...

Delta231

A noob
Years
Got some more progress done, so here we go~

7CxW0M8.png
2ZsTKkU.png
SiRWo0D.png

This is Capsaicin Volcano, located on Route 3. While it is no longer in danger of erupting, you can sometimes see lava pooling in depressions or slowly trickling down the walls. While it is technically the first dungeon of the game, there's not much to it during your first run through as it is very short. But who know's what's waiting for you down in its depths later on?

KC8sylB.png
ZLjbxCF.png
amvsh0u.png

Hawthorn City is the largest city on your home island. Despite being isolated from other settlements by Capsaicin Volcano and Ivy Forest, it grew to be a major city due to its proximity to Route 5 which is a dangerous coastline. In the past, marooned sailors sought refuge here with many choosing to stay and live out their lives in the city that saved them. Hawthorn City is also the location of the first gym that you will face in the Lowen Region challenge. No prizes for guessing the gym's type...

Why some of the OWs are thin or fat? For example look at Fire Breather , Lass, Old Women and Gym Guide. They look odd for some reason.

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Wow! It looks great! Just a question, are you going to change HP box?

Yup, I just haven't made any graphics for them yet. As they are right now, they really conflict with the vibrant colours in Lilac's backgrounds so I'll probably change them sooner rather than later.

Why some of the OWs are thin or fat? For example look at Fire Breather , Lass, Old Women and Gym Guide. They look odd for some reason.

The OWs are just edited versions of OWs from the 4th gen games so any discrepancies could be applied to them as well. I've resized most OWs (currently around 100) to the standard 16x32, but some like Hikers and Firebreathers are just way to large in the 4th gen games to even consider doing that and remaining recognizable so they're 32x32.

Back