• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Kliq ~ Pro Wrestling Fanclub

Outlier

Introduction

"When wrestling is done right, there's nothing better. When it's done poorly, there's nothing worse." – Raven

I think many share Raven's sentiments when it comes to the bipolar world of professional wrestling. No other art form seems to invoke as much passion and jaded cynicism at the same time. Hopefully this club will become a refuge for those of us who want to celebrate or commiserate the scripted melodrama that is the world of pro wrestling. Keep in mind that this club isn't just limited to discussions about WWE. You can discuss anything so long as it pertains to professional wrestling. Want to talk about the latest episode of Raw, Smackdown or NXT? Go ahead! Feel like talking about TNA or some obscure indie fed? By all means do so! Want to bring up an old WWF, WCW or ECW show? No problem.

Rules & Guidelines

- All PC rules and FC&G rules apply.
- Criticism and negative opinions are allowed. I know FC's are generally meant to promote a positive environment (which I hope this ends up being) but professional wrestling can be very polarizing so don't expect everyone to act completely satisfied and happy with the product all the time. Just make sure that you remain respectful towards other members and we should all be fine.

Just state that you'd like to join this club and I'll add your username to the official members list.

Some optional questions/discussion topics for newbies

When did you start watching wrestling?
Who are your favorite wrestlers of both past and present?
Which tag teams and factions rank among your favorites?
What are some of your favorite rivalries and angles?
What are your favorite wrestling theme songs?

Members

Introvert
JayD
Caite-chan
Detox
Biogoji
VeranithasVI
Seth Rollins
Osiris
Torshavn
Pelipper_Zachary
Peitharchia
Alfieri
LeviathanX​

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'm in.

Cult of Personality, the one that CM Punk last used. I had that song in my phone before he started using it so it's one of my favorites xD
Also, Jeff Hardy's theme song was amazing too.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I'm in as well. :D My favorite wrestler is Petey Williams who's birthday just happens to be...today.

Outlier

Welcome guys and happy birthday to Petey Williams! : P

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
yea ill join

shawn michaels is the GOAT but ill answer some of the topics later

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2017
Sign me up

Sting
Ric Flair
Arn Anderson
The Undertaker
Owen Hart
Scott Hall
Dean Malenko
Chris Benoit
Diamond Dallas Page
Steve Austin
The Rock
D'Lo Brown
Steve Blackman
Big Bossman
Chris Jericho
Rob Van Dam
Edge
Seth Rollins
Kevin Owens
The Four Horsemens, nWo, Dudley Boyz , Head Cheese, Evolution, The Corporation, McMahon-Helmsley Regime, Three Count.
Sting vs Ric Flair
Hulk Hogan vs Randy Savage
Owen Hart vs Bret Hart
WCW vs nWo
Steve Austin vs Hart Foundation
Steve Austin vs McMahon
Steve Austin vs The Rock
The Big Show vs The Big Bossman
The Rock vs Triple H
Edge vs John Cena
Edge vs The Undertaker
The Four Horsemen Theme
Razor Ramon theme
nWo theme
Hollywood Hogan Voodoo Child theme
DDP Self High Five theme
nWo Wolfpack theme
The Rock 98/99 theme
Triple H My time theme
Steve Blackman Drums in the night theme
Jeff Jarrett Chosen One theme
Rob Van Dam one of a kind theme
Evolution theme
Seth Rollins The Second Coming theme
Kevin Owens Fight theme

Outlier

Woah impressive list there Biogoji! We share some favorites I see. ; )

Welcome to both of you. I might get around to answering these questions myself when I can be bothered.

Outlier

I think he's been booked as an incredibly weak champ, which isn't the worst thing for a heel. Still I wish he managed to defend his title without relying on outside interference so often. Even if he resorted to cheating most of the time it would make him seem more competent. We haven't seen a champ booked this weak since the Miz. I actually like Miz so that's not a knock on either guy. I just think Rollins should look stronger. I also think HHH has taken him under his wing a bit too much. Rollins should be his own man and developing his own character. And for the love of god give him a new finisher!

This guy has some good ideas. I almost wish he was on the creative team after watching some of his videos. He kind of missed the point of the feud though. It wasn't so much about WCW vs WWE as it was about Sting trying to overthrow another corrupt figure in power. I liked the build up to their Wrestlemania match even if I hated the result. However this guy's re-booking of the feud is admittedly much better.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2017
I've watched that guys videos and I like his booking ideas and on the subject of booking does anyone here play the booking simulator TEW2013.

Going back to Seth quickly I think it would be a good thing for him if he lost the title and started to breakaway from the authority's help when he tries to get it back which he ultimately does.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
seth is a great in ring performer but I honestly hate his character for the reasons you guys mentioned. his reliance on outside interference to accomplish nearly anything he has makes him seem weak, and it's very annoying. i too wish he would break away from the authority because maybe then he'd be a likeable character for me.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
Sign me up for this. Love me some wrestling.

WWE, 2000-ish. Took a break from all wrestling when my main man Jef Hardy went to TNA and then I came back to watching WWE at the beginning of this year.

Jeff Hardy, Seth Rollins, Hallowicked, Sting, SCSA, The Rock, Edge, Paige, Trish Stratus, Lita.

The APA, The Hardy Boyz, The Dudley Boyz, Edge and Christian, The Rock 'N Sock Connection, The New Day.

CoughKatieVickCough I liked it when Jeff Hardy was getting ambushed before his matches until Matt was revealed to be the scumbag assaulting him.

Jeff Hardy's 2002 theme song, Paige's current theme song, any of The Rock/Stone Cold theme songs.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2017
seth is a great in ring performer but I honestly hate his character for the reasons you guys mentioned. his reliance on outside interference to accomplish nearly anything he has makes him seem weak, and it's very annoying. i too wish he would break away from the authority because maybe then he'd be a likeable character for me.

Just imagine if he did to Ambrose or Sting what Rock did to Mankind at the 99 Rumble beat the shit out of them without help and brutally too.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Omg yes

2007 (late But believe me I know everything about ruthless aggression/attitude era ;)
HBK
Y2J
The Rock
Undertaker
Sami Zayn
Seth Rollins
CM Punk (he left tho)
nWo was amazing, and the Shield.
HHH vs HBK rivalry was great on ruthless aggression also CM Punk vs John Cena 2011 :o another amazing rivalry was Y2J vs HBK. They entertain the hell out of me. Also Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose is a great rivalry, funny sometimes. There's just too many rivalries and matches I like, can't really pick a favorite.
I like Randy Orton's old theme Burn in my Light and CM Punk's old theme too This Fire Burns.

About Seth, I already said what I think in the wrestling thread in Culture and Media. Rollins won agaibst Ambrose cleanly, isn't that enough? Besides, if you think a heel like him should win cleanly everytime, or be booked stronger, you dont understand how his character works.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2017
The thing about that is he shouldn't need help to cheat, I understand Heels should win dirty a lot but they shouldn't always need help to do it for example instead of John Stewart running out and attacking Cena why didn't Seth just Lowblow Cena into the pedigree. Even through he beat Ambrose cleanly he needs to beat someone else either cleanly or by cheating but without help.

Years
Alright, I'm joining! A lot of these I could probably go on about for far too long, so I'll try to keep it short, haha.

My parents both started watching well before I was born, so it was always kind of around when I was young. I'd watch once and a while, but I didn't start getting heavily invested in it until around Wrestlemania XX. It's only been the last 2 years or so where I've started branching outside of the mainstream wrestling, though (WWE/TNA).

Oh boy... if we're including WWE, TNA, the indies, and other international promotions, my list would be huge- and that's just the present. If I had to go with my fave 5 right now, in no particular order I'd pick Cesaro, Kevin Owens, Kota Ibushi, Drew Galloway, and Kenny Omega. My all-time favorite though is Edge.

I've never been huge on tag teams/groups, actually. I'm sure if I was a little bit older when WCW was around I would've liked the nWo, and I like the Bullet Club for being NJPW's modern day version of it. The Brood always had one of my favorite entrances, so I thought they were pretty cool (this followed along to Edge & Christian, even when they split from Gangrel). And I also have a soft spot for Big E and Xavier Woods, so I'm glad the New Day is finally getting over.

Daniel Bryan's rise against the Authority between Summerslam and WMXXX is one of my favorites, though it's a shame that everything's gone off the rails for him since then.

Again, I could go on forever with these. I'll just give you a list of links to some of my favorites.

Spoiler:

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
The thing about that is he shouldn't need help to cheat, I understand Heels should win dirty a lot but they shouldn't always need help to do it for example instead of John Stewart running out and attacking Cena why didn't Seth just Lowblow Cena into the pedigree. Even through he beat Ambrose cleanly he needs to beat someone else either cleanly or by cheating but without help.

He did better against Brock Lesnar than Cena, plus did you see his match against Cena at SummerSlam? He kicked ass, he doesn't need to win, he already owned and carried Cena in their match. Plus we all know wrestling isn't real, it really just doesn't matter that much whether he wins cleanly or not. What matters is if he can entertain us in the ring, and he can easily do that.

That's how Seth's character is. He plays dirty, and that's how a good heel is. I do agree that WWE is booking him like the weakest person in the world but it's not his fault, he went against Brock and Cena. I think we all know how WWE's booking Lesnar like a god and well Cena...he's just Super Cena, he will never lose cleanly.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 4, 2016
YES. Sign me up for this.

When did you start watching wrestling? I started watching wrestling around late 2010. Late at night, a friend of mine was bored as hell and he asked me to watch RAW with him. So I did, and here I am, almost 5 years later...

Who are your favorite wrestlers of both past and present? Christian is my all-time favorite. CM Punk, AJ Lee, Seth Rollins, Antonio Cesaro and Chris Hero are some of my other favorites.

Which tag teams and factions rank among your favorites? Los Guerreros, Edge & Christian, The Kings of Wrestling (Claudio Castagnoli AKA Antonio Cesaro & Chris Hero AKA Kassius Ohno), Lay-Cool, Team Hell No, The Shield, Team ECK (Kurt Angle, Christian & Edge)

What are some of your favorite rivalries and angles? Austin VS McMahon, John Cena VS Edge, John Cena VS CM Punk, The Undertaker VS Shawn Michaels, Eddie Guerrero VS Kurt Angle, CM Punk VS Jeff Hardy, AJ Lee VS Kaitlyn

I'll put them under a spoiler because I love so many of them.
Spoiler:

As for Seth as the champ, I think he's killing it and I hope he gets to hold the belt until at least WrestleMania 32.

Outlier

That opening promo made me cringe. There's no reason that a legend like Sting should be giving such praise to HHH after he cheated to beat him at Mania. It's one thing to acknowledge a loss but he didn't have to spend a good portion of that promo stroking HHH's ego like that. Why would one of Sting's main objectives be to prove that Seth isn't half the man HHH is? I can't tell if that came from Vince, the creative team or HHH himself but it's gross ego pandering either way.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 4, 2016
Why would one of Sting's main objectives be to prove that Seth isn't half the man HHH is? I can't tell if that came from Vince, the creative team or HHH himself but it's gross ego pandering either way.

LMAO! While listening to him, all I could think about was that "You're only half the man that I am, and I have half the brain that you do" promo by Sid. Oh God.

Anyway, lots of stuff happening recently... WWE NXT Diva Zahra Schreiber was fired for making inappropriate comments, Hulk Hogan cried on live TV, Jimmy Snuka was charged for a 1983 murder, there was a shooting in front of the NXT Performance Center, and TNA wrestler Bram was arrested for domestic battery. All of this in the span of what, 48 hours? What an insane week it's been.

Back