• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Yeah, we'd probably have to have a rule against GMs voting for their own RPs. But players should of course be allowed to vote for RPs they are in. But players and GMs can't, of course, vote for themselves.

Hm, we could make it like Member Of The Month, if you remember that? It doesn't have to be me making the thread every month. I can make the first one, maybe. The March one, I guess. And then while March is going, you think about which RP/player/GM you like the best and then at the end of March you put in your post with votes in those categories you have an opinion in, in the RPOTM thread (what a lousy abbreviation xD), or you put in it early and change it before the Voting Date, stated in the first post of the thread.

And if you win a category, you'll get an emblem for your profile~ If an RP wins "Best Rp", then the thread can get a special title, like "Hack Of The Month" has :3 Hm, we've gotta make somebody make the emblems.

Oh, look, we've got it planned out 8D

More opinions/thoughts/ideas?

slls81

What does that even mean?
Years
Yeah, we'd probably have to have a rule against GMs voting for their own RPs. But players should of course be allowed to vote for RPs they are in. But players and GMs can't, of course, vote for themselves.

Hm, we could make it like Member Of The Month, if you remember that? It doesn't have to be me making the thread every month. I can make the first one, maybe. The March one, I guess. And then while March is going, you think about which RP/player/GM you like the best and then at the end of March you put in your post with votes in those categories you have an opinion in, in the RPOTM thread (what a lousy abbreviation xD), or you put in it early and change it before the Voting Date, stated in the first post of the thread.

And if you win a category, you'll get an emblem for your profile~ If an RP wins "Best Rp", then the thread can get a special title, like "Hack Of The Month" has :3 Hm, we've gotta make somebody make the emblems.

Oh, look, we've got it planned out 8D

More opinions/thoughts/ideas?

Sounds like a good idea, but it could become difficult to manage. The problem with the old MOTM system was that it was difficult for anyone to agree on anything, and a lot of the sub-categories would end up tied between sometimes up to 5 or 10 members.

This is off the top of my head, but maybe you could try splitting the process into two parts? Maybe a nominations stage and a voting stage, just to try and avoid a dozen RP's getting one or two votes, and no clear winner. The nominations stage would see RP's nominated by members as usual, and would require the RP to be seconded by a different RPer to move on to the voting stage (this could last say a week or two). Then the voting stage would be between the limited number of RP's that have been nominated and seconded. This way hopefully, one RP will end up with a majority of the votes and a clear winner can be found.

Just an idea, take it or leave it :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Sounds like a good idea, but it could become difficult to manage. The problem with the old MOTM system was that it was difficult for anyone to agree on anything, and a lot of the sub-categories would end up tied between sometimes up to 5 or 10 members.

This is off the top of my head, but maybe you could try splitting the process into two parts? Maybe a nominations stage and a voting stage, just to try and avoid a dozen RP's getting one or two votes, and no clear winner. The nominations stage would see RP's nominated by members as usual, and would require the RP to be seconded by a different RPer to move on to the voting stage (this could last say a week or two). Then the voting stage would be between the limited number of RP's that have been nominated and seconded. This way hopefully, one RP will end up with a majority of the votes and a clear winner can be found.

Just an idea, take it or leave it :)
Sounds pretty wise. There would probably only be 3 categories though (GM, player and RP), since I don't really see the point of more (yet). But there are quite a lot active RPs now, so I get what you mean.

That could probably work, two weeks being the nomination stage and two weeks being the voting stage. As there are 4 weeks in a month 8D /smartness

Should the nominations and the votes go in the same thread or different threads?
I'd think different threads. When the nominating period is over, I'd close that thread and put up/approve the voting thread.

slls81

Years
Sounds pretty wise. There would probably only be 3 categories though (GM, player and RP), since I don't really see the point of more (yet). But there are quite a lot active RPs now, so I get what you mean.

That could probably work, two weeks being the nomination stage and two weeks being the voting stage. As there are 4 weeks in a month 8D /smartness

Should the nominations and the votes go in the same thread or different threads?
I'd think different threads. When the nominating period is over, I'd close that thread and put up/approve the voting thread.

Yeah I think separate threads would work best/would be easiest to organise.

As for categories, maybe something like best new RP, where only RP's that have opened in the past month or two are eligible?

~Wind~

Detective
Years
A good category, IMO, would be Best dead RP so that dead RPs get some glory (and possible revivation.)

Years

Well, you could sticky it, I guess? Or if that's too troublesome, how about have a sticky voting-and-result thread and separate a nominating thread? Since nomination is sorta secondary, people usually wanna see past award-winners so you shouldn't remove the voting-and-results thread. Just saying, you don't have to listen to me. XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
A good category, IMO, would be Best dead RP so that dead RPs get some glory (and possible revivation.)
I don't think dead RPs are worth awarding. If they are "dead", then there is probably a reason for it.

Yeah I think separate threads would work best/would be easiest to organise.

As for categories, maybe something like best new RP, where only RP's that have opened in the past month or two are eligible?
Hm, don't you think it's enough with Best RP overall? Or maybe we could split "Best RP" into "Best New RP" and "Best Veteran RP" or something, where RPs that have been born in March can win the first place and RPs that have been born before March can win the last one.

Well, you could sticky it, I guess? Or if that's too troublesome, how about have a sticky voting-and-result thread and separate a nominating thread? Since nomination is sorta secondary, people usually wanna see past award-winners so you shouldn't remove the voting-and-results thread. Just saying, you don't have to listen to me. XD
I'd sticky both. And when nominations are done, I'd close that thread but maybe link back to it when the voting thread is put up. Or what do you mean? xD

slls81

Years
Hm, don't you think it's enough with Best RP overall? Or maybe we could split "Best RP" into "Best New RP" and "Best Veteran RP" or something, where RPs that have been born in March can win the first place and RPs that have been born before March can win the last one.

That's basically what I had in mind. Two separate awards, one for best existing RP and one for best newcomer. It could help bring attention to some of the newer RP's that may have been overlooked possibly. Just an idea :P

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
Years
"Best RP"? That sounds kind of interesting, might make me want to start writing them on here again. [In fact I'm writing one now..but NO ONE SHALLST KNOW OF IT!]

[Maybe >.>]

..But then again they always die. Lol.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'll make the nominations thread soon then.

And great, Yuukihime! This could be a way of advertising the section :3 Hmpf, the makers of PC calling it a corner... it's a plaza, I tell you.

Also, check the rules now and then and re-read. I'm still in the beginning steps of mod-ship, so I'm modifying the rules now and then to fit our pace and place. There is now a rule about posting your main RP thread before you post the OOC thread.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I was planning for that too ;) If you win best GM or best Player, you will get an emblem. If a thread wins best new RP or best veteran RP, its title or first post can be changed to mark that it's a winner.

If anybody wants to make the emblem graphics, go ahead. Personally I'm not great with art.

Years
I was planning for that too ;) If you win best GM or best Player, you will get an emblem. If a thread wins best new RP or best veteran RP, its title or first post can be changed to mark that it's a winner.

If anybody wants to make the emblem graphics, go ahead. Personally I'm not great with art.
I'll try. I'm currently learning graphics design in my Art Elective Programme(simply put it a special Arts class, they just came up with some cheesy classy name XD) so I can put my skills to the test. Sigh...still have to design that motif for the national competition...wait? I think I did that already...partial memory loss. xD

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I have an idea for a Pokemon RP based on the Hunger Games books. (<--Good series, by the way) However, I'm not sure on the reason why for these games....OTL

I read the first one of those, and that seems like a pretty good idea, but it also seems like it would be alot like, The RP Id Est Damneum Innocantae. A reason for them could be just like in the books, they are forced too buy some higher up country of sorts. and districts could be regions.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
I read the first one of those, and that seems like a pretty good idea, but it also seems like it would be alot like, The RP Id Est Damneum Innocantae. A reason for them could be just like in the books, they are forced too buy some higher up country of sorts. and districts could be regions.

It would be alot of work, wouldn't it?;;;

I would probably have Frostbite help me with the prep. They made an rp simuliar a year or two ago, but it didn't get past the second page because everybody was too busy... I can still remember the presidents name..."Gale Frost"

*Goes into day-dream mode*

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
Years
Hm, well this sounds interesting o;. I could pair with zeta again and restart the Cult! xD Or maybe Goddess of Happiness..I could use Synchrocity..or Lunar Dawn!

Lunar Dawn would have to be turned WAAAAY down though, haha.

I'll make sure to vote though~ Seems to be interesting way to bring back a lot of veteran role-players O:

Bribery ftw!

Last edited:

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I find it surprising how fast the rp corner became so busy now there's at least 10 active, ongoing RP's.

I wonder if I should start a new one...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
It's all thanks to me. /lies

One thing is a bit sad about there being many more or less active RPs: some get pushed down to the second page and can be forgotten if people don't subscribe to them.

So, subscribe to the RPs you are in, people :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back