• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
Use this script in an event :

Code:
i=rand(4)
Kernel.pbReceiveItem(3) if i==0
Kernel.pbReceiveItem(15) if i==1
Kernel.pbReceiveItem(288) if i==2
Kernel.pbReceiveItem(341) if i==3

I've not tested it, but it should work.

it works perfectly. :D thanks. would it be possible to add probability to it? for example item 3, 50%. item 15, 10%. item 288, 30%. item 341, 10%. if it can't be done, i can do without it.

thanks in advance.

*EDIT*
would it be possible to give a random item from 100 different items? the script only allows 10 different items. is it possible to extend the script length?

Last edited:
Years
it works perfectly. :D thanks. would it be possible to add probability to it? for example item 3, 50%. item 15, 10%. item 288, 30%. item 341, 10%. if it can't be done, i can do without it.

thanks in advance.

*EDIT*
would it be possible to give a random item from 100 different items? the script only allows 10 different items. is it possible to extend the script length?

100 items?! Well, u can do it easily if the number of the items form a sequence by doing
Code:
i=rand(100)
Kernel.pbReceiveItem(i+number1)

where number1 is the number of the first item of the sequence.

But if u want to put items with other numbers, u should add a script like

Code:
def Kernel.pbRandomItem
i=rand(100)
end

in PokemonField and then, u could add the script

Code:
Kernel.pbRandomItem

in your event.

partyghoul2000

Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
100 items?! Well, u can do it easily if the number of the items form a sequence by doing
Code:
i=rand(100)
Kernel.pbReceiveItem(i+number1)

where number1 is the number of the first item of the sequence.

But if u want to put items with other numbers, u should add a script like

Code:
def Kernel.pbRandomItem
i=rand(100)
end

in PokemonField and then, u could add the script

Code:
Kernel.pbRandomItem

in your event.

you are truly awesome. you always seem to have the answer. :D thanks.

Curt200718

Intermediate Game Developer
Years
To begin with I have read through the Notes.html and cant seem to solve my problem.....
I have two questions.

First : How do I associate the point on the "Town Map" with what area im in..?

Second : How do I switch between Region Maps ?

Thanks to anyone with a little help......:>

Later Guyz

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
Years
i had the same questions. open townmap.txt and look at how it set up. it has two different regions and they change automatically. now to asscoiate the townmap and place your at go to the visual editor and i think its in the metadata of the map you want to asscoiate yourself with.

now a question some one i forget who its liek 5 or so pages back told me to use this for random weather.
i=rand(4)
$game_screen.weather(i,9.0,20)

but it does all the weather all at the same time. now is there a way to randomaly generate the weather you want. and have it carry over to the next map ass well?

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
he was thinking of the editor in the database those are only for the pics it shows when you use the attack. but i cant help you wit that cause i havent added any new attacks yet myself

Ashje

+1 Dead Puppies
Years
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Oh. Ok... Thanks anyway. Does anyone know a script to turn the character away (90 degree angle Left Turn) if they don't have any pokemon?

EDIT:
Found a way

Last edited:
Years
now a question some one i forget who its liek 5 or so pages back told me to use this for random weather.

but it does all the weather all at the same time. now is there a way to randomaly generate the weather you want. and have it carry over to the next map ass well?

I was the one who gave u the answer with the random weather. What I gave u is a random weather generator with all the weathers...
If u want to choose randomly among a small part of the weathers, what u need to do is something like :

Code:
i=rand(5)
if (i==0||i==3)
$game_screen.weather(i,0,20)
else
$game_screen.weather(i,9.0,20)
end

In this example, there is all the weathers except snow (number 3). So, when the random number is 0 or 3, there is no special weather, and when it's different, there is rain, storm or sandstorm (i had forgotten we needed a rand(5) to have i=4 sometimes and have the sandstorm).
If u dont want normal weather, u can do something like

Code:
i=rand(3)
$game_screen.weather(1,9.0,20) if i==0 #for rain
$game_screen.weather(2,9.0,20) if i==1 #for storm
$game_screen.weather(4,9.0,20) if i==2 #forsandstorm

(Pay attention with the comments, each line must remain on a single line in the script in the event, that's why I have not put a space between for and sandstorm because if I do, the word sandstorm will go on the line below and the game will give an error, saying that sandstorm is an unknown variable.)

Ashje

+1 Dead Puppies
Years
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Conditional Branches only working once?
------------------------------------------------
Whenever I put a conditional branch in, it only works once... Is this normal? Can someone please help me to get it to work all the time? Thanks...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
does anyone know how to automatically raise a pokemons lvl? ( want to make an event where pikachu's lvl goes up.)

Conditional Branches only working once?
------------------------------------------------
Whenever I put a conditional branch in, it only works once... Is this normal? Can someone please help me to get it to work all the time? Thanks...

that depends, if you have a self switch activated in the event, or an erase event in it, then yes, it only happens once, but if not, then no, you should be able to repeat the event.

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I don't know whether this question has been asked before but how can I make the move effects of those newly implemented D/P moves working? Now I have to change some value like "10A", "10B" to "0" or "1" or the game will crash(appears to be an undefined method error). Please tell me how to make this work and I'll appreciate it very much.

I don't know whether I'm requesting too much but I wish to have my question answered.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
what do you mean you have to change the valuse, and what effects are you talking about?

Okay. You may take a look at this in the new Moves.txt file:

Code:
 461,LUNARDANCE,Lunar Dance,[B][U]10E[/U][/B],0,PSYCHIC,Status,0,10,0,10,0,,Cool,"The user faints. In return, [I]the Pokémon taking its place will have its status and HP fully restored.[/I]"

Notice the value "10E" I underlined. This is the value that determines the moves effect like increase the atk by 1 and reduce the def by 1(in this case, the effect is to sacrifice the current pokemon and restore the hp for another Pokemon).

Unfortunately, the current starterkit doesn't support this specific move effect and the value "10E" is therefore undefined (as you will get an undefined method error when using this move). I have to change the value into something like 0 and 1 to make it able to use in starterkit. I don't know whether it's possible to fix this error but I wish I can implement some new move effects appeared in D/P in starterkit.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Okay. You may take a look at this in the new Moves.txt file:

Code:
 461,LUNARDANCE,Lunar Dance,[B][U]10E[/U][/B],0,PSYCHIC,Status,0,10,0,10,0,,Cool,"The user faints. In return, [I]the Pokémon taking its place will have its status and HP fully restored.[/I]"

Notice the value "10E" I underlined. This is the value that determines the moves effect like increase the atk by 1 and reduce the def by 1(in this case, the effect is to sacrifice the current pokemon and restore the hp for another Pokemon).

Unfortunately, the current starterkit doesn't support this specific move effect and the value "10E" is therefore undefined (as you will get an undefined method error when using this move). I have to change the value into something like 0 and 1 to make it able to use in starterkit. I don't know whether it's possible to fix this error but I wish I can implement some new move effects appeared in D/P in starterkit.

oh, ok, well, it seems more like a glitch that poccil forgot to fix, mostlikly it will be fixed in the next release.

Curt200718

Intermediate Game Developer
Years
Thanks crzyone9584 ! :> I also wanted to say that this thread has grown alot.....!!! Its great !

Later Guyz

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 3, 2011
All of the maps I made are not showing in the editor when I go to the set encounters option. I then decided to list encounters for one of my maps in encounters.txt file and when I playtested it, no pokemon showed up. Can anyone help me out?

partyghoul2000

Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
As requested by many, battle animations within the starter kit are little to none. i have finally arranged all the battle animations into usable rmxp sheets. (i didn't use animmaker.exe, sorry poccil. i couldnt' understand how to use it) as someone else requested, i also ripped all the doors from leaf green and arranged them rmxp style. the link to all this is right here. the battle animations that i currently have finished will be uploaded slowly, but surely. any help finishing these animations will be greatly appearated. if used, credit is expected.

*EDIT*
i almost forgot that the battle animations (.anm files) will require the battle animation sheets that i provided.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
yaoimutt: It's not a glitch. As far as I know, poccil has no intention to add the D/P moves. It is, after all a starter kit. I may decide to make a tutorial explaining the basics of adding new moves, so anyone who wants to make D/P moves will have the ability to do so.

Poccil, if you do plan on adding to D/P moves, please PM me first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back