• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Best Dragon in Unova!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So we have a lot of options here for the "best" - which do you guys think is the best/strongest? Legendaries count :)

Years
Reshie! We've seen the power of dragons many times throughout regions, and the fearsome behemoths of Unova are no exception. Yet While Hydreigon, Zekrom, Druddigon, Kyurem, Haxorus look cool, deadly and inspire strength, Reshiram inspires beauty. Reshiram is an almost holy figure, a creature of white light with blue, sky-like, standing for nothing but truth. He's by far Unova's most unique dragon.

I don't think there's ever been a dragon really like this in any generation. Cute maybe like Dragonite or Goodra, but with Reshiram's noble, heavenly beauty? I'd say Reshiram's in a class apart.

Last edited:
Years
Druddigon! He was that one Pokemon I wanted to use since I first saw him. And I included him on my Black team during first playthrough.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
White Kyurem is downright scary, since it can learn Earth Power, Focus Blast, and Blast Burn as a way of getting back at Steel-types with a high Sp. Atk stat to boot, since Kyurem cannot learn Earthquake and Superpower, which would have made its' other form equally as frightening competitively.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Druddigon, people call him a digimon or whatever, but I think stand alone Pokemon are interesting as they don't need to evolve to be strong and Druddigon is no exception. The other dragons aren't my cup of tea tbh.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
All the Druddigon love makes me smile! It's grown to be my favorite pokemon for some reason. That being said, I like all the dragons in Gen V. Zekrom and Reshiram are my favorite cover legendary pokemon, Haxorus has a sweet design, and Hydreigon is one of the most threatening pokemon in terms of design. (just needs to evolve 10 levels earlier!)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Where's the love for Haxorussss??? It a) looks cool b) has the best english name c) has the best japanese name d) has amazing af attack e) mold breaker eq is amazing and f) has just amazing stats overall.

I think we've found our winner guys :')

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 14, 2018
Where's the love for Haxorussss??? It a) looks cool b) has the best english name c) has the best japanese name d) has amazing af attack e) mold breaker eq is amazing and f) has just amazing stats overall.

I think we've found our winner guys :')

still worse than druddigon tbh

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
jumping on the haxorus hype train especially because of how awesome its shiny is. black shinies are some of the coolest and the game just gives you one after all.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
Years
Druddigon, people call him a digimon or whatever, but I think stand alone Pokemon are interesting as they don't need to evolve to be strong and Druddigon is no exception. The other dragons aren't my cup of tea tbh.

Same, It's also great to have on your E4 team as I used one when I beat the E4 in Sun, super strong and kinda tanky

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
My favourite Dragon type of Gen 5 is Hydreigon. It has a fearsome design, a great offensive typing in Dark/Dragon, high attacking stats (especially Special Attack), and plenty of good attacking moves like Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Surf, Flamethrower, Earth Power, and Flash Cannon.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
There are several great Dragons in Unova but my favourite of them is Haxorus. It has an impressive design and evolves from the adorable Axew.

It is the main Pokemon of both Iris and Drayden and even has a genuinely great Shiny which is Black and Red. Indeed a Shiny Haxorus is an in-game reward for catching every Pokemon in the Unova Pokedex in BW2.

Years
For design, probably Hydreigon. I liked the idea of an evolution line that gained an extra head with each evolution, and the naming theme of using German names for "one, two and three" was very clever.

For practical reasons, I'd say Haxorus. It evolves at a respectable enough level and gets good moves but not too late, unlike Hydreigon's stupid Lv64 requirement. Haxorus will at least be fully-evolved by the Elite Four which definitely helped give it a use.

Back