• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
My Pokedex shows me a shiny sprite of Entei instead of the normal one. I have only seen a shiny Entei so far, but I thought the Pokedex will register the normal sprite instead of the shiny?

If you encounter a Pokemon form for the first time and it's shiny, it will appear as the shiny form in the Pokedex from then on within B/W. :)

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years

If you encounter a Pokemon form for the first time and it's shiny, it will appear as the shiny form in the Pokedex from then on within B/W. :)

To add to this, you can actually choose which ones to show up at the main menu by swapping the sprites at the "forms" option. But if you've only seen the shiny version, it will stay that way until you see another regular one, and you can then decide which one it will show. Just like me and my shiny Metagross, it was the first meta I'd seen, and since I had yet to see another the dex didn't know what a blue one looked like.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years

To add to this, you can actually choose which ones to show up at the main menu by swapping the sprites at the "forms" option. But if you've only seen the shiny version, it will stay that way until you see another regular one, and you can then decide which one it will show. Just like me and my shiny Metagross, it was the first meta I'd seen, and since I had yet to see another the dex didn't know what a blue one looked like.

So you can switch between which of a Pokemon's Formes is naturally displayed by the Pokedex, as well as whether the normal or shiny sprite is displayed? Awesome! ^^ If that's the case and I am understanding this correctly, that's a nice addition to Pokedex customization, as minor as it is.

As for my question...does anyone have a picture of the C-Gear with a normal skin? I know you can download customizable Pokemon skins from the Global Link, but I haven't seen the default skin. Thanks in advance.

It is so annoying how many "promotions" there are for the Global Link. Why must nearly everything have an effin' time limit? It frustrates those of us who are unable to purchase BW (or the tentative Gray Version) and must wait, missing out on various giveaways in the process. >:[

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
So you can switch between which of a Pokemon's Formes is naturally displayed by the Pokedex, as well as whether the normal or shiny sprite is displayed? Awesome! ^^ If that's the case and I am understanding this correctly, that's a nice addition to Pokedex customization, as minor as it is.

As for my question...does anyone have a picture of the C-Gear with a normal skin? I know you can download customizable Pokemon skins from the Global Link, but I haven't seen the default skin. Thanks in advance.

It is so annoying how many "promotions" there are for the Global Link. Why must nearly everything have an effin' time limit? It frustrates those of us who are unable to purchase BW (or the tentative Gray Version) and must wait, missing out on various giveaways in the process. >:[

c-gear.png

I think the only American C-Gear giveaway is the Munna one which has to do with getting the guide. There's a Pokedex skin though.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years

c-gear.png

I think the only American C-Gear giveaway is the Munna one which has to do with getting the guide. There's a Pokedex skin though.

Gah...Attack of the Hexagons...yet AGAIN. -.- Thanks for the upload, Toujours.

I was under the assumption that the skins for Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, and Pikachu had already been released in America. I just read about the Munna C-Gear skin release for the English editions of BW, but I didn't know that was the first English giveaway in total.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Gah...Attack of the Hexagons...yet AGAIN. -.- Thanks for the upload, Toujours.

I was under the assumption that the skins for Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, and Pikachu had already been released in America. I just read about the Munna C-Gear skin release for the English editions of BW, but I didn't know that was the first English giveaway in total.

Yeah, I went to download the stuff and the only things I could get were the Musical and the Pokedex, I was like ";_;" You can change the hexagons though, to different things depending on your gender. I believe mine are...hearts and stars and bunnies and bows or something? I always have mine on hearts. I can't tell you offhand any of the boy ones though. xD;

On Bulbapedia you can see the list of skins, only that first one has been given to us which kind of sucks. I would so use the Pikachu or Charizard ones.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years

Yeah, I went to download the stuff and the only things I could get were the Musical and the Pokedex, I was like ";_;" You can change the hexagons though, to different things depending on your gender. I believe mine are...hearts and stars and bunnies and bows or something? I always have mine on hearts. I can't tell you offhand any of the boy ones though. xD;

On Bulbapedia you can see the list of skins, only that first one has been given to us which kind of sucks. I would so use the Pikachu or Charizard ones.

I'm glad you can customize the hexagon designs, though. (seriously, BW has enough of those already. >_>) I guess I'll just have to explore what the male options are, then.

And yeah, I saw that list and was anticipating on using the Charizard skin for the C-Gear until I found that there's a time restriction on the giveaway...so by the time I get Gray Version and manage to connect to the Global Link, I won't have an opportunity to download that Charizard skin. :( Most likely, I'll be stuck with the default design, which is why I was trying to preview it...

BlueHighwind

EEEEEEVEEEEEE
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2012
Which One?

I have a question that I would like to be answered, and it involves a choice between 3 Flying pokemon.

I am post-E4, and am wondering if a Archeops, Braviary, or Swoobat is better.

If you could answer the question with a good reason, please post it.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
It all depends on the makeup of your team, and which one is your favorite. Ingame teams don't really matter and anything will work. I used Swoobat because it could be found early ingame, is cute, I needed a Psychic type, and is my favorite of the flyers in Unova, but other people like Archeops because of its colors, typing, and stats. So it just depends on what types you need on your team and which is your favorite.

BlindRam

ShearRam
Years
I'm looking for someone who has black to travel to my white forest, I have no grass in it at all.

Pokemon White:
Arum
3095 7310 3591

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
^Uh, you can only do that wirelessly, not by Wifi. They've got to be pretty much in the same room with you to do Entralink stuff.

Try going to your local Pokemon League?

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
If i erase a pokemon sig move such as darkrias dark void will it be able to be retaught by the move touter?

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
If i erase a pokemon sig move such as darkrias dark void will it be able to be retaught by the move touter?
The move tutor reteaches any move that the Pokémon would learn through Level Up. Since Dark Void is a level-up move (At Level 66), Darkrai would be able to relearn it from the move tutor if it's erased (Provided, of course, it's past Level 66).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm looking for someone who has black to travel to my white forest, I have no grass in it at all.

Pokemon White:
Arum
3095 7310 3591

To add onto the other poster - this isn't allowed on PC, it's what you have a signature for. :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
There's also Caitlin who's in the elite four. :)

(The girl from the battle castle of gen 4)

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Although if we want to be specific, it was actually the butler, Darach, who battled in Platinum/HG/SS. Caitlin just sat up on high and handed out CP.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
Years
A few random questions unrelated to each other, though I thought of them in the same place.

After playing a little Battle Subway and losing on Round 15 from a Liepard that successfully sweeped my whole damn team with Night Slash Criticals (My pokemon were too slow and they SOMEHOW kept getting OHKO'd), I was wondering, as I've noticed this elsewhere.

Are computers/AI more prone to getting criticals than me? They always seem to get them at the worst time possible, often when I take just under half HP and decide to sink in another hit before healing and THEN they critical me, and kill me. That happened on at least 50 different occasions and they aren't very far apart. Hell, I've has 3 of my pokemon killed by a critical by the same pokemon, same battle. Pisses me off.

Also, are Battle Subway trainers abnormally strong or something? Even the weak ones seem to eat away at my HP fast, and by weak ones, I mean a Gothita taking down half of my HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back