• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
tEK3n9i.png

Hack of: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon
Released: 25th July 2018
Updated: 12th June 2021
Current Version: 2.36: More fixes

Summary
Named after Necrozma's signature moves, Photonic Sun and Prismatic Moon are enhanced versions of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. They include all the usual features you'd expect in this sort of hack; stronger trainers, the ability to catch and train any Pokémon you want, and Ultra Changes easier access to powerful items. Training most Pokémon in the hacks is also much easier; they'll learn egg moves by simply levelling up, won't need to be traded to evolve, and will hatch from eggs extremely quickly. Trainers and wild Pokémon are designed around leaving the EXP Share ON from the moment you get it, so switching it off too often isn't recommended. The hacks also allow the use of any Pokémon in all modes in the Battle Tree, so you can get some use out of all those Ultra Wormhole Legendaries.

Photonic Sun and Prismatic Moon are each available in two distinct versions: Rebalanced and Standard. Both versions are fully documented; you can click here to browse all the important changes, or keep reading for a quick overview:

Rebalanced
This version of Photonic Sun or Prismatic Moon includes many changes to Pokémon stats, types, abilities and movesets, making many weaker Pokémon more powerful. Some of these changes are inspired by other ROM hacks, such as Drayano's Blaze Black and Volt White and luuma's Altered Emerald, but most changes are taken directly from my earlier hacks, Eternal X and Wilting Y. New additions include:
  • Faster Alola! Tsareena, Vikavolt, Decidueye and more now have much higher speed stats.
  • Kommo-o has regained Shell Smash, but this time it's available to the player!
  • Golisopod can now have Shell Armor as a second ability, and learns Razor Shell after it evolves instead of before it evolves.
  • Ariados' signature move, Toxic Thread, now harshly lowers a foe's Speed, Defense and Special Defense, as well as poisoning them!
  • Water Pulse has been buffed to 80 base power, giving Ice-Types valuable type coverage and boosting the power of Pokémon with Mega Launcher.
The Rebalanced version also includes five new TMs which have a significant impact on the game:
  • TM59 can now teach Sucker Punch to a wide variety of Pokémon, including many from later generations who missed out on the move tutor.
  • TM60 can now teach Aura Sphere to any Pokémon that can learn Focus Blast.
  • TM67 can now teach Rock Climb to many Pokémon; it's also a Rock-type move. Great with Sheer Force and Tough Claws!
  • TM79 can now teach any Ice-type Freeze Dry, which has 95 base power.
  • TM100 brings back the classic Curse TM from Gold and Silver, and just like the original, it's compatible with any Pokémon that can learn TMs!
Finally, the Rebalanced version also includes many of the best movepool changes from Pokémon Sword and Shield (including ones added later via Pokémon Home)!

Standard
If the changes in the Rebalanced version don't appeal to you, but you still want to try the hack, this version of Photonic Sun or Prismatic Moon is for you. It omits the Pokémon and move changes from the Rebalanced Version but retains all the hack's other features, including access to egg moves by leveling up, and the fix to Golisopod's Razor Shell mentioned above.
Note that Pokémon captured in this version will NOT be legal for online play, but their offspring will be, provided they don't learn any egg moves they didn't have when they hatched. I wouldn't suggest going online with the hack installed, and while transferring Pokémon bred in the hack to Pokémon Bank should be fine, you do so at your own risk.

Ultra Difficulty Changes
Photonic Sun and Prismatic Moon completely overhaul the game's difficulty, giving new tools to both the player and their opponents:
  • Unlike the base games, average trainers will commonly have more than one Pokémon!
  • Rising Stars, Ace Trainers and Veterans will be a cut above the rest and should be expected to put up a bit of a fight.
  • Important characters will eventually (not immediately!) be packing full teams of six, complete with held items, beneficial natures, and custom EV spreads.
  • Totem Pokémon have new auras, new allies and new or improved strategies!
  • Easy, early access to Ability Capsules allows players to switch their Pokémon's abilities at will.
  • Modified in-game trades provide useful items and stronger Pokémon, right when you need them.
  • Pokémon can be EV trained with zero grinding! EV reduction berries are available cheaply at the Thrifty Megamart; using them to remove unwanted EVs occasionally will eventually get you the stats you want.
  • All TMs are available before defeating the Elite Four! The post-game TMs are very expensive, but they can be purchased in Tapu Village if you want access to them earlier.

Catch'em All
Even though there are now over 800 Pokémon, they have all been carefully placed throughout Alola to ensure that each of them is found somewhere that makes sense. And, much like the base games, Photonic Sun and Prismatic Moon offer players a few unusual team building options, including very early Ice-Types and access to low level Mythical Pokémon via USUM's Island Scan feature - they're a little broken, but very fun to use! Additionally, all Legendary Pokémon that were previously version exclusive can now be found in the Ultra Wormhole in both versions of the game (except the Cosmog line; Cosmoem will evolve into the opposite version's cover Legendary instead).

Ultra Screenshots
Spoiler:

Download and Installation
Your preferred version of the hack can be downloaded from Google Drive by clicking here, then right-clicking the folder you want and selecting download. The files are set up for immediate, easy install using luma 3DS' game patching feature, and an installation guide is included in the download if you need it. Note that the hacks require the title update for Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon to be installed in order to work properly.
If you don't have custom firmware on your 3DS, you can follow this guide to set it up. Alternatively, the games can be played on PC and Android via Citra (a 3DS emulator). A full set up guide is available for all three platforms in the hack's download link above. You can also find the changelog there if you'd like to see what was in the latest update.

A few things worth mentioning:
  • I can't do anything about the endless cutscenes just yet; any attempt to change them causes the game to crash.
  • For the same reason, I can't give players an earlier Mega Ring. If you want to use a save editor to give yourself one anyway (I fully encourage this, but it's not mandatory), the best time to do so would be immediately after defeating Guzma in Malie Garden.
  • You MUST install the 1.2 update from the Nintendo eshop (also known as the title update). If you don't have this installed, the marts will freeze when you talk to the clerk.

Documentation
Documentation including wild Pokémon locations, item locations and almost everything else can be found here.

FAQ
(See here for common problems)
Q: The marts are freezing, what should I do?
A: Make sure you have the 1.2 title update for Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon installed, as the marts will freeze without it. The install guides explain how to do this for Citra or a 3DS.

Q: Where can I download a copy of the 1.2 title update?
A: I can't help with you with that as the update is technically a ROM file, and sharing those is not allowed here. I don't know if that extends to freely available ROMs like the update, but I'm not going to risk it!

Q: Where do I find [insert Pokémon here]?
A: Please check the "Wild Pokemon Locations" and "Special Encounters" documents! If you can't find a Pokémon, try searching for its evolved form.

Q: How can I get hidden abilities?
A: You can get Pokémonwith their hidden ability by SOS chaining, same as the vanilla games. If you want to switch from a regular ability to a hidden ability, you'll have to use a save editor. I recommend PKHeX; just be sure to rename its .exe file to "PKHax.exe" if you're using it with the rebalanced version, it won't allow you to set the new abilities otherwise.

Q: Is there a way to change a Pokémon's nature?
A: There's no way to do this in game, as Nature Mints don't exist until Gen 8 and this is not a trivial thing to add to a 3DS hack. However, you can use PKHeX to edit your save - just make sure you rename it to "PKHaX" to enable illegal mode if you're playing the rebalanced version.

Q: What can be shiny/what's shiny locked?
A: This is unchanged from vanilla USUM. I don't know what is and isn't locked, so you will have to find out yourself.

Credits
I'd like to thank the following people for contributing the hacks in some way:
  • Kaphotics, SciresM and contributors to pk3DS: For creating pk3DS, which was used to edit almost everything in the games. Still the most important tool in making a 3DS Pokémon hack!
  • Maël Hörz: For HxD, which was used to do the few things pk3DS couldn't (though it can do most of them now anyway).
  • Mucrush: For the Sun and Moon font used in the title image and some documents.
  • Kaphotics, walnut3072 and contributors to this thread: For doing all the actual work involved in editing the Battle Tree ban lists.
  • Everyone who gave me feedback on Eternal X and Wilting Y: I learned a lot from all of you, and I hope that will be reflected in these hacks.

Finally, any and all feedback is welcome (especially bug reports!), as are any questions related to the hack. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Good work with the hack. I like how you changed the Island Scan pokemon. You also made good use of the fact that different patches of grass generate different pokemon.
The difficulty also looks pretty good.

I also noticed that the Cherubi and Meditite families are not found in the wild, so not every pokemon is available.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Good work with the hack. I like how you changed the Island Scan pokemon. You also made good use of the fact that different patches of grass generate different pokemon.
The difficulty also looks pretty good.

I also noticed that the Cherubi and Meditite families are not found in the wild, so not every pokemon is available.

Thanks for the kind words! And thanks for reporting the missing Pokemon lines too, good catch. I'll get that fixed ASAP.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I tried downloading your 1.01 version on Google drive but it just hangs at zipping download. I tried from two different devices and same result. Can you upload on here or mediafire, 4shared, etc?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I tried downloading your 1.01 version on Google drive but it just hangs at zipping download. I tried from two different devices and same result. Can you upload on here or mediafire, 4shared, etc?

How long is it hanging? It might take a while to zip up the wild Pokemon file, as that's about 460MB by itself. If it's getting stuck for a ridiculously long time I'll get an alternative download link set up for you.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I got it to download, but now after installing the CIA of it with and without the update, it still keeps restarting to the main 3ds menu. This happened on my last 3ds as well with a different mod. I hear it has to do with ram. What am I doing wrong? I got the vanilla Ultra Sun from Villain 3DS if that helps?

Edit: On O3DS with Luma 8.1.1 (11.7). It does the same thing even without the mod patching option in Luma.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I got it to download, but now after installing the CIA of it with and without the update, it still keeps restarting to the main 3ds menu. This happened on my last 3ds as well with a different mod. I hear it has to do with ram. What am I doing wrong? I got the vanilla Ultra Sun from Villain 3DS if that helps?

Edit: On O3DS with Luma 8.1.1 (11.7). It does the same thing even without the mod patching option in Luma.

So just to clarify, the cia you installed has the hack's files built into it? The hack is technically a hack of the update rather than the game, so that could be causing problems if so. Try installing the Ultra Sun cia without any modifications and see if that works.
If that's not the problem I'm not sure what's happening, maybe luma needs to be updated? I think it's on 9.0 right now, though I don't see how that would cause any issues.

Ultra Sun should cause the O3DS to reboot, as it doesn't have enough RAM to run the game alongside background apps like the internet browser (which is why it doesn't work with hans), but it should launch the game as it does so.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
So just to clarify, the cia you installed has the hack's files built into it? The hack is technically a hack of the update rather than the game, so that could be causing problems if so. Try installing the Ultra Sun cia without any modifications and see if that works.
If that's not the problem I'm not sure what's happening, maybe luma needs to be updated? I think it's on 9.0 right now, though I don't see how that would cause any issues.

Ultra Sun should cause the O3DS to reboot, as it doesn't have enough RAM to run the game alongside background apps like the internet browser (which is why it doesn't work with hans), but it should launch the game as it does so.
So, I am using the vanilla copy of US. It doesn't have the files you modded in the cia. I installed the cia of the original Ultra Sun, and the update. I got it to work once I downloaded the ticket thing via FBI.

My problem now is, I don't see the title screen changes and am unsure if I'm playing the mod or the original copy.. I am using the automatic patching in luma by copying over the files you linked to luma/titles folder.

First time for a 7th gen game play for me personally

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
So, I am using the vanilla copy of US. It doesn't have the files you modded in the cia. I installed the cia of the original Ultra Sun, and the update. I got it to work once I downloaded the ticket thing via FBI.

My problem now is, I don't see the title screen changes and am unsure if I'm playing the mod or the original copy.. I am using the automatic patching in luma by copying over the files you linked to luma/titles folder.

First time for a 7th gen game play for me personally

Ah that would explain it, having the ticket is important for playing something that came from the eshop.

I didn't actually edit the title screen (the files take long enough to upload as is, so I didn't want to add another large file), so the first sign you'll see that the hack is working is that Kukui will say "Welcome to Photonic Sun!" during his intro speech (assuming you're playing in English). If I've messed that up somehow then you'll be able to tell the hack is working as soon as you can get into the grass on Route 1. If you can find Ralts, Poochyena, Patrat or Bunnelby in the patch of grass where you get your starter, the hack is working.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Ah that would explain it, having the ticket is important for playing something that came from the eshop.

I didn't actually edit the title screen (the files take long enough to upload as is, so I didn't want to add another large file), so the first sign you'll see that the hack is working is that Kukui will say "Welcome to Photonic Sun!" during his intro speech (assuming you're playing in English). If I've messed that up somehow then you'll be able to tell the hack is working as soon as you can get into the grass on Route 1. If you can find Ralts, Poochyena, Patrat or Bunnelby in the patch of grass where you get your starter, the hack is working.

I restarted the hack to see if I missed that opening part. I didn't see "Welcome to Photonic Sun" at all in the intro. I faced a couple of trainers. One had a bunnelby, but didn't ever see a single Ralts, Poochyena, Patrat, or bunnelby in the wild. Which, is weird because I have the folder set up correctly. Luma/Titles/[TitleID]/

Can you double check the game has that phrase in the opening line? I am playing English too.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I restarted the hack to see if I missed that opening part. I didn't see "Welcome to Photonic Sun" at all in the intro. I faced a couple of trainers. One had a bunnelby, but didn't ever see a single Ralts, Poochyena, Patrat, or bunnelby in the wild. Which, is weird because I have the folder set up correctly. Luma/Titles/[TitleID]/

Can you double check the game has that phrase in the opening line? I am playing English too.

Turns out I did mess that up in Sun, it had the wrong game text files, so the text changes weren't there. If you just want to replace the text file instead of all the files, it's file "2" in romfs/a/0/3.

It seems the trainer changes are working, so that's a good sign. Which patch of grass did you check? One of the major changes in Gen VII was giving every single patch of grass its own encounter table, so those Pokemon are only in some of the grass on Route 1. To make sure everything's working you can compare what you're seeing in any patch of grass with what's in the Wild Pokemon document, which has maps for any routes that make use of that feature.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen today
I've replaced old text file with new one, but I can't see Welcome to Photonic Sun. It's in romfs/0/3/ and correct TitleID.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I've replaced old text file with new one, but I can't see Welcome to Photonic Sun. It's in romfs/0/3/ and correct TitleID.

Maybe that was typo but you should have it in RomFS/a/0/4/3 not RomFS/0/3.

I'm about to test it myself and I'll see if it works.

Edit: The wild pokemon are working. I found a poochenya. Not sure about the text changes though

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024

Maybe that was typo but you should have it in RomFS/a/0/4/3 not RomFS/0/3.

I'm about to test it myself and I'll see if it works.

Edit: The wild pokemon are working. I found a poochenya. Not sure about the text changes though

So just to clarify the text file that affects the intro (as well as move effect descriptions) is romfs/a/0/3/2, which pk3DS calls "game text." The other text file is story text, which is a/0/4/2; it contains all of the NPC dialogue.

I've just tested the text files again, and it turns out the Rebalanced versions were somehow missing the intro text changes. I don't know how I managed to do that, seeing as those were the first versions I made and they definitely had the changes when I tested them. Regardless, I've uploaded the a/0/3/2 file again and this time it definitely works. Sorry for all the hassle!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 6, 2019
These changes are interesting, but why Seismitoad still doesn't have any physical water move? And Tough Claws Brave Bird Unfezant sounds scary af!
252+ Atk Tough Claws Unfezant Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Groudon: 190-225 (47.1 - 55.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Unfezant Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Groudon-Primal: 283-334 (82.9 - 97.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
These changes are interesting, but why Seismitoad still doesn't have any physical water move? And Tough Claws Brave Bird Unfezant sounds scary af!
252+ Atk Tough Claws Unfezant Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Groudon: 190-225 (47.1 - 55.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Unfezant Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Groudon-Primal: 283-334 (82.9 - 97.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Oh wow, that is scary. I didn't realize I'd made Unfezant's Brave Bird stronger than Staraptor's:
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Staraptor Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Groudon-Primal: 270-318 (79.1 - 93.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Probably should have just left it with Drill Peck instead of Brave Bird. Seismitoad not having a physical water move was definitely a mistake, I should have given it Liquidation. I'll fix that now!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 6, 2019
I was reading the patch notes and I noticed also that Girafarig still sucks :( the attacking stats boosts are good but sadly not enough, it still is very fragile and the abilities aren't good enough, Strong Jaw sounds cool with Psychic Fangs and Crunch (Maybe elemental fangs/hyper fang) or moody to make the game more fun , or hustle (lol) (maybe I'm being annoying)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I was reading the patch notes and I noticed also that Girafarig still sucks :( the attacking stats boosts are good but sadly not enough, it still is very fragile and the abilities aren't good enough, Strong Jaw sounds cool with Psychic Fangs and Crunch (Maybe elemental fangs/hyper fang) or moody to make the game more fun , or hustle (lol) (maybe I'm being annoying)

Girafarig was one of the mons I wasn't really sure what to do with, but I do like your Strong Jaw idea, it fits pretty well. I also want it to have something that makes use of its special movepool, so I'll look into that and get both added to the game shortly.

You're definitely not being annoying, you're making some good suggestions!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 13, 2021
Hi there. First of all, I must say again how much I appreciate that all of your patches have documentation and you actively respond to their threads. You made my favorite Pokemon Lilligant very fun to play.

I have just a few suggestions if you find them helpful.
  • Flareon: It still has no physical Fire move between Fire Fang and Flare Blitz, and the latter's recoil is quite annoying for non-competitive. I highly suggest you add Blaze Kick to the moveset.
  • Incineroar: The same problem also exists for Incineroar even though Fire Punch is learned via move tutor so it's better than Flareon. It would be great if it could learn Blaze Kick too.
  • Farfetch'd: It now has Fighting type but can't take advantage of Super Luck + Stick + STAB. Karate Chop would be a great but it's 50 power. Perhaps increase its power to 75? The problem with this change would be many other Pokemon learn Karate Chop before level 10, you would have to manually shift its level up for all Pokemon that learns it.
  • Araquanid: It learns Liquidation very late, and no other physical Water move. The problem here is that Dive/Waterfall are too close to Liquidation in damage, and Clamp/Aqua Jet makes no sense. I suggest lowering Dive's power to 60 and giving it to Araquanid. Unlike Karate Chop, changing Dive doesn't have a significant impact on other Pokemon.
  • Seaking: If the Dive change is made with the suggestion above, then please add it to Goldeen and Seaking in place of Aqua Ring.
  • Togedemaru: It would be very interesting for Togedemaru to have either Sheer Force, Serene Grace, or both. Even with the speed buff, it won't likely survive if it doesn't OHKO. It learns Iron Head, Zen Headbutt, and Bounce, all moves with an extra effect associated with it. Sheer Force would make those moves stronger, while Serene Grace would make the flinch/paralyze status better to improve its RNG chance of survival.
  • Klinklang: It has good stats, but its late evolution (49) and its main move Gear Grind is sort of lackluster at 85% accuracy. I suggest giving it Magnet Bomb at lvl 16 and also boosting Gear Grind's accuracy to 100% while making it learned at lvl 36 (replacing Mirror Shot).
  • Ambipom: I don't know what to do about this Pokemon. Skill Link makes it a worse Cinccino because the latter can learn more than just Tail Slap. Technician + Normal STAB is useless because 90 power Covet is still worse than straight up Return. I suggest giving it quality Technician moves such as Roll Out, Rock Tomb, and Mach Punch (not that it needs it).
  • Alolan Sandslash: I wanna give some love to this thing. Can you make it so Sand Slush also increases...something else other than Speed, such as Atk/Def/SpDef, so it's worth using a move slot and turn on Hail? it would also be nice to give Metal Burst decreased priority.
  • Hitmontop: It's kinda weak. I suggest you increase Triple Kick to 20 base and 100% accuracy so its damage is 30+45+60=135 with Technician. Also replacing Steadfast with Contrary (upside down and all) is also good to be used with Close Combat. You can even give it Superpower or Hammer Arm if it makes sense.
  • Luvdisc: I know it's supposed to be a joke Pokemon, but seeing how Pokemon with similar base stats (Delibird, Spinda, Farfetch'd) were given changes, I wonder if something reasonable can be done with Luvdisc. Sadly, I don't have any ideas myself.
  • Eevolutions: They all lost Dig because Dig lots its TM status. This hurts Leafeon and especially Flareon. Can something be done about it?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hi there. First of all, I must say again how much I appreciate that all of your patches have documentation and you actively respond to their threads. You made my favorite Pokemon Lilligant very fun to play.

I have just a few suggestions if you find them helpful.
  • Flareon: It still has no physical Fire move between Fire Fang and Flare Blitz, and the latter's recoil is quite annoying for non-competitive. I highly suggest you add Blaze Kick to the moveset.
  • Incineroar: The same problem also exists for Incineroar even though Fire Punch is learned via move tutor so it's better than Flareon. It would be great if it could learn Blaze Kick too.
    Adding Blaze Kick to both of those sounds good to me!
  • Farfetch'd: It now has Fighting type but can't take advantage of Super Luck + Stick + STAB. Karate Chop would be a great but it's 50 power. Perhaps increase its power to 75? The problem with this change would be many other Pokemon learn Karate Chop before level 10, you would have to manually shift its level up for all Pokemon that learns it.
    Super Luck + Stick gives Farfetch'd a +3 critical stage, which is a 100% crit chance with ANY move. It doesn't actually need the increased critical hit ratio effect on its attacks.
  • Araquanid: It learns Liquidation very late, and no other physical Water move. The problem here is that Dive/Waterfall are too close to Liquidation in damage, and Clamp/Aqua Jet makes no sense. I suggest lowering Dive's power to 60 and giving it to Araquanid. Unlike Karate Chop, changing Dive doesn't have a significant impact on other Pokemon.
    I like this suggestion too, though I'll probably leave Dive's power as is due to it requiring a charge turn.
  • Seaking: If the Dive change is made with the suggestion above, then please add it to Goldeen and Seaking in place of Aqua Ring.
    They should have enough room in their learnsets for me to just add it outright (though Aqua Ring is pretty useless).
  • Togedemaru: It would be very interesting for Togedemaru to have either Sheer Force, Serene Grace, or both. Even with the speed buff, it won't likely survive if it doesn't OHKO. It learns Iron Head, Zen Headbutt, and Bounce, all moves with an extra effect associated with it. Sheer Force would make those moves stronger, while Serene Grace would make the flinch/paralyze status better to improve its RNG chance of survival.
  • Klinklang: It has good stats, but its late evolution (49) and its main move Gear Grind is sort of lackluster at 85% accuracy. I suggest giving it Magnet Bomb at lvl 16 and also boosting Gear Grind's accuracy to 100% while making it learned at lvl 36 (replacing Mirror Shot).
    It evolves at level 39 in the hack, but those changes sound good anyway!
  • Ambipom: I don't know what to do about this Pokemon. Skill Link makes it a worse Cinccino because the latter can learn more than just Tail Slap. Technician + Normal STAB is useless because 90 power Covet is still worse than straight up Return. I suggest giving it quality Technician moves such as Roll Out, Rock Tomb, and Mach Punch (not that it needs it).
    I've given it a higher base speed than Cincinno (125 vs 115) and access to Arm Thrust so it can damage steel types (which Cincinno struggles with), but yeah it could do with some more Technician-boosted moves.
  • Alolan Sandslash: I wanna give some love to this thing. Can you make it so Sand Slush also increases...something else other than Speed, such as Atk/Def/SpDef, so it's worth using a move slot and turn on Hail? it would also be nice to give Metal Burst decreased priority.
    I can't modify ability effects on the 3DS unfortunately, that's pretty complex to do even on the older consoles. I have considered that Metal Burst change before, but that would make it a straight upgrade over Counter and Mirror Coat. Then again, Pokemon is full of things like that so maybe I'll do it anyway.
  • Hitmontop: It's kinda weak. I suggest you increase Triple Kick to 20 base and 100% accuracy so its damage is 30+45+60=135 with Technician. Also replacing Steadfast with Contrary (upside down and all) is also good to be used with Close Combat. You can even give it Superpower or Hammer Arm if it makes sense.
    STAB Contrary Superpower sounds like a good idea to me! Triple Kick change sounds good too.
  • Luvdisc: I know it's supposed to be a joke Pokemon, but seeing how Pokemon with similar base stats (Delibird, Spinda, Farfetch'd) were given changes, I wonder if something reasonable can be done with Luvdisc. Sadly, I don't have any ideas myself.
    I had no idea what to do with it either, though I've seen it get Soul Heart in another hack and that seemed fitting.
  • Eevolutions: They all lost Dig because Dig lots its TM status. This hurts Leafeon and especially Flareon. Can something be done about it?
    Yup I can definitely do something about that!

That's a lot of good ideas, responses in bold.

EDIT: Changes are up, I opted to give Togedemaru Volt Tackle and a small attack increase instead of new abilities. I've also left Klink's level up moves as is, because it has pretty bad stats for something that evolves so late.

Last edited:
Back