• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon HGSS: Sevii Islands (Beta 3.3 now out!)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 17, 2023
WWiDG1d.png

Welcome to Pokémon HGSS: Sevii Islands!

A little background on the project:
Spoiler:

Logistics of being a sequel/continuation to HGSS:
Spoiler:

Plot:
After defeating Red in Pokémon HeartGold / SoulSilver, Eusine asks for you to come with him to the Sevii Islands, since the remaining Legendary Beasts (Raikou and Entei) were spotted there, and there have been sightings of Team Rocket in the Sevii Islands, as well as rumors about Giovanni being back... Why is Team Rocket back again, and what could possibly be their business in the Sevii Islands?

Features:
-Mega Pokémon, as well as Gigantamax Megas and Custom megas (coming in the final version);
-Following Pokémon;
-Randomizer Mode;
-Pokégear with new features (storage, money bank, quest log, etc);
-To stay faithful to HGSS, only Gen 1-4 Pokémon are in the game, with no Fairy Type. TMs are now infinite use, however;
-Chapters instead of Gyms (since there are no gyms in the Sevii Islands). Currently there are 6 chapters playable, out of 8 planned, which consist of One to Five Island and a bit more. There are also some sidequests and 4 Legendary Pokémon to catch;
-Press "Shift" to speed up your game;
-Controls are fully customizable;
-Currently, there's around 6 hours of content;
-New and remixed music (and various sound effects, such as waterfall, lava, etc).

Come join our Discord server for exclusive sneak-peaks, more up-to-date news, reporting bugs or requesting help, and more!
https://discord.gg/CnZPvXP

Megas.png

Screenshots (Beta 3.0)
Spoiler:

Screenshots (Beta 2.0):
Spoiler:

Screenshots (Beta 1.0):
Spoiler:

Legendary Pokémon and Mega Stones locations:

Download link:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Friend, I'll give you some advice.

If you want your game to look quite promising and ambitious and not a mediocre game made without profit.

Don't use RPG Maker. Better use Unity with the IIcolour Spectrum Pokemon Unity framework that I will leave in a link:
https://github.com/PokemonUnity/PokemonUnity

I want people to make use of that framework to make Pokemon fangames in Unity and take advantage of all that potential.

when will you get the hint that people dont want to be bothered with your "advice"?

Years
I'm excited gen two was my fav gen ♥️ I'm going to have a list a mile long of fan games that I'm going to have to play and this one's definitely going on it

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
This looks absolutely gorgeous and I actually share the same sentiment as you, it felt odd not having the Sevii islands in HGSS, I'm probably going to give this a spin when there's a more lengthier release. Definitely got my eyes peeled on this. Good luck!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 17, 2023
This looks absolutely gorgeous and I actually share the same sentiment as you, it felt odd not having the Sevii islands in HGSS, I'm probably going to give this a spin when there's a more lengthier release. Definitely got my eyes peeled on this. Good luck!

Thanks a lot! :) I'm working on the next release as we speak, I hope you'll like it when you get to play it :D

yugoslavfub

Torchic is Number One Chicken
Years
I like the game so far. Just an fyi, I am sometimes getting a pokeball error, that doesn't let me catch the Mons. It's infrequent, though.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 17, 2023
I like the game so far. Just an fyi, I am sometimes getting a pokeball error, that doesn't let me catch the Mons. It's infrequent, though.

That's weird. Can you message me on Discord to explain that in better detail, please? I'm Zaffre#7901
I can't seem to replicate that error, even using the released version you're using.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 17, 2023
It happens right after the rat is caught and you attempt to get it towards your cell

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why that error happens to you. Are you sure you installed the game correctly? If you wouldn't mind, please delete what you downloaded and redownload Beta 1.2. (And no, that won't delete your save file.)
Because of all the people who've tried out the game, you're the only one with that error, and looking at the events I seriously can't figure out why that error is occurring to you. Also, if you could be just a little bit more specific, what do you mean by when "you attempt to get it towards your cell"?

Edit: Also, I've talked to the rest of the people who tried out the game and I've tried it myself, and no one could replicate the error you had when capturing the rock smash Pokémon.

yugoslavfub

Years
It happens in the cut scene after you catch the Rattata and just before it heads towards the cell, after using Celebi is suggested by Eusine. I'm not super well versed in coding, but I have one of my Pokemon from my team's sprite following me around in the cell. I'm guessing that's not supposed to be there?

Would sending you the save file be of any help? I'm not even really sure why I'm getting errors because it looks like everything was installed correctly.

Also, here is the errorlog for the Pokeball issue I had earlier, if it is of any help. I was doing a normal run not a nuzlocke.
Spoiler:

Edit: Okay so I did a restart of the entire thing and it's working fine now. It looks like when I went to the top of the Mt. Ember for some reason my follower Pokemon didn't go into its ball during the cut scene and that's what made the script wonky. I am probably like the only person this will ever happen to knowing my luck, lol

Next question is for Chap. 2.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 17, 2023
It happens in the cut scene after you catch the Rattata and just before it heads towards the cell, after using Celebi is suggested by Eusine. I'm not super well versed in coding, but I have one of my Pokemon from my team's sprite following me around in the cell. I'm guessing that's not supposed to be there?

Would sending you the save file be of any help? I'm not even really sure why I'm getting errors because it looks like everything was installed correctly.

Also, here is the errorlog for the Pokeball issue I had earlier, if it is of any help. I was doing a normal run not a nuzlocke.
Spoiler:

Edit: Okay so I did a restart of the entire thing and it's working fine now. It looks like when I went to the top of the Mt. Ember for some reason my follower Pokemon didn't go into its ball during the cut scene and that's what made the script wonky. I am probably like the only person this will ever happen to knowing my luck, lol

Next question is for Chap. 2.
Spoiler:

Yes, your Pokemon following you in your cell wasn't to happen. Do you know how that happened?
Anyways, I've been fixing a lot of bugs that have to do with the Pokemon followers, so I'm pretty sure for the next version that won't happen anymore, but thank you.
Thank you for including the error log. Did it happen again on your second playthrough?

Also, for your question:
Spoiler:

yugoslavfub

Years
I don't have an error log for it, but this is what I have noted. I think the issue started after the battle with the admin in the lower levels of Mt. Ember cut scene. The Typhlosion I was using never went back into its Pokeball before or after the battle started and was still out and about when Looker appears (I noticed in the second play through that the following Pokemon wasn't out when Looker shows up). Then for awhile the following Pokemon sprite stopped appearing, only showing up for a brief second when using the PokeCenter on the first Island in the first play through. Then it reappeared during the end of the first chapter cutscene.

I am currently not having either of these issues in the second run.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 17, 2023
I don't have an error log for it, but this is what I have noted. I think the issue started after the battle with the admin in the lower levels of Mt. Ember cut scene. The Typhlosion I was using never went back into its Pokeball before or after the battle started and was still out and about when Looker appears (I noticed in the second play through that the following Pokemon wasn't out when Looker shows up). Then for awhile the following Pokemon sprite stopped appearing, only showing up for a brief second when using the PokeCenter on the first Island in the first play through. Then it reappeared during the end of the first chapter cutscene.

I am currently not having either of these issues in the second run.

Ok, I now know exactly why that bug would happen to some people and it's fixed, it'll be in the next version along with some more content available (and also less lag), which shouldn't take that long. Thank you very much for all your feedback, hope you enjoyed the game so far!

yugoslavfub

Years
I just finished the current Beta. I have to say that I enjoyed the two chapters so far. I like that the game feels like a natural progression of the Heartgold and Soulsilver setting. Beating up Team Rocket is always a good pastime. Some of the gimmicks like the Rattata were fun. I look forward to seeing more from you. Good job.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 17, 2023
I just finished the current Beta. I have to say that I enjoyed the two chapters so far. I like that the game feels like a natural progression of the Heartgold and Soulsilver setting. Beating up Team Rocket is always a good pastime. Some of the gimmicks like the Rattata were fun. I look forward to seeing more from you. Good job.

Thank you, I am very glad to hear that! :D

This looks really good! I love the 2nd generation games and the remakes so I need to try this.

Thanks, I hope you'll like it :)

Back