• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Sweet 2th - Sugary Sweet Seconds! 8/21/2017 bugfix available

rainbow545

Banned
Years
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
it works! by any chance, did you fix the first game? getting a total black screen for that one on my Omega as well. it won't even load.
Yes, I have made a fixed patch. You can go to the thread of that hack and search for my post. You'll find the fixed patch there.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
This game is surprisingly short, but then again so was the original Sweet. I'm not completely done yet, I guess I finished the story portion where you battle the Blue character in the inverse zone. I've played enough to note some bugs or general oddities.

1. Mega Evolutions I guess don't have the same total EXP amount as their regular forms, typically a mon would mega evolve and its level would decrease. My level 50 Mawnana would decrease to 46 or 47 for instance. That shouldn't happen.

2. Legendary encounters can respawn as long as you don't exit the area, once you do and come back, they're gone.

3. When I discovered that they don't respawn, I found it impossible to leave the cave area where Liquaza and Manalime are at. I didn't have Escape Ropes (if they're even in this game), nor did I have Dig on anybody in the team. I was stuck, had to use a save state to escape.

4. Not a bug, but what the hell is up with TM distribution in this game? I got less than 10, and again I'm almost done with the game, and I talked with almost every NPC. I didn't find any TMs as field items, and field items in general are pretty rare. In contrast, I gained a lot of items in the original Sweet, mainly because I had a Cupcat with Pickup, and all TMs in that game are sold at the Mart in the Pokemon League. Here, the only ones that are seemingly in this game are the TMs you get at the department store, which are not all that great, the <10 I got from whatever NPCs, and the Game Corner. The Game Corner TMs are nice, but some of them in many other hacks and definitely vanilla FRLG can be obtained as field items or gifts from gym leaders and other NPCs. The move maniac is nice, but TMs would complete the movepool changes you can do in this game. That kind of sucks, but again, not a bug, I guess. That's not a good look for the original Sweet 2th then.

5. There's one of those rocks that block a Legendary location that pressing A on it freezes the game. I think it's one in a cave, the one with the Team Magma grunts inside, I think.

6. How do you hatch the chocolate egg that Chocobun gives you? It doesn't hatch, is it a "bad egg?" I ran up and down for 10 minutes straight and the status of "Long time to hatch" didn't change. If I can't hatch it, damn, with the speed of the game and focused on beefing up current team members, I only have 4 pokemon in my team, legendaries fill up the party just because they're level 50, my team's currently in the late 40s.

7. Mew won't obey, other legendaries do. I think there's a Mew obedience anti-cheat thing in Gen 3 and it seems like this game triggered it. Ultra Violet had Mew and it was totally fine, Emerald hacks of course have it easy with Faraway Island.

8. The HM system is a bit weird, I don't think I could use some or all of them without my party being full. The only exception was the first boulder in the game. Everything else, it felt like I needed a full party to get them to work, I mostly noticed it with surfing and cutting, and maybe flying.

I kept on searching on Google for answers to various questions, and it sucks that there's no documentation on this. ROM editors don't like this game, best I could get is G3HS, which couldn't show movepools, though the most important one for me were the stats. Knowing Sweet had changed stats for pokemon (such as Gummaring not having Ursaring's stats), I figured I needed a heads up on whatever stat changes happens here. Thankfully it's more in line with canon stats, like Gummaring's stats is now exactly like Ursaring's. Still, no list of TM locations, no list of PokeSweets locations.

I did have fun with this hack, it's a massive improvement from the original Sweet, but I just have a bunch of issues with it, like I did Sweet, but the grievances are different.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
This game is surprisingly short, but then again so was the original Sweet. I'm not completely done yet, I guess I finished the story portion where you battle the Blue character in the inverse zone. I've played enough to note some bugs or general oddities.

1. Mega Evolutions I guess don't have the same total EXP amount as their regular forms, typically a mon would mega evolve and its level would decrease. My level 50 Mawnana would decrease to 46 or 47 for instance. That shouldn't happen.

2. Legendary encounters can respawn as long as you don't exit the area, once you do and come back, they're gone.

3. When I discovered that they don't respawn, I found it impossible to leave the cave area where Liquaza and Manalime are at. I didn't have Escape Ropes (if they're even in this game), nor did I have Dig on anybody in the team. I was stuck, had to use a save state to escape.

4. Not a bug, but what the hell is up with TM distribution in this game? I got less than 10, and again I'm almost done with the game, and I talked with almost every NPC. I didn't find any TMs as field items, and field items in general are pretty rare. In contrast, I gained a lot of items in the original Sweet, mainly because I had a Cupcat with Pickup, and all TMs in that game are sold at the Mart in the Pokemon League. Here, the only ones that are seemingly in this game are the TMs you get at the department store, which are not all that great, the <10 I got from whatever NPCs, and the Game Corner. The Game Corner TMs are nice, but some of them in many other hacks and definitely vanilla FRLG can be obtained as field items or gifts from gym leaders and other NPCs. The move maniac is nice, but TMs would complete the movepool changes you can do in this game. That kind of sucks, but again, not a bug, I guess. That's not a good look for the original Sweet 2th then.

5. There's one of those rocks that block a Legendary location that pressing A on it freezes the game. I think it's one in a cave, the one with the Team Magma grunts inside, I think.

6. How do you hatch the chocolate egg that Chocobun gives you? It doesn't hatch, is it a "bad egg?" I ran up and down for 10 minutes straight and the status of "Long time to hatch" didn't change. If I can't hatch it, damn, with the speed of the game and focused on beefing up current team members, I only have 4 pokemon in my team, legendaries fill up the party just because they're level 50, my team's currently in the late 40s.

7. Mew won't obey, other legendaries do. I think there's a Mew obedience anti-cheat thing in Gen 3 and it seems like this game triggered it. Ultra Violet had Mew and it was totally fine, Emerald hacks of course have it easy with Faraway Island.

8. The HM system is a bit weird, I don't think I could use some or all of them without my party being full. The only exception was the first boulder in the game. Everything else, it felt like I needed a full party to get them to work, I mostly noticed it with surfing and cutting, and maybe flying.

I kept on searching on Google for answers to various questions, and it sucks that there's no documentation on this. ROM editors don't like this game, best I could get is G3HS, which couldn't show movepools, though the most important one for me were the stats. Knowing Sweet had changed stats for pokemon (such as Gummaring not having Ursaring's stats), I figured I needed a heads up on whatever stat changes happens here. Thankfully it's more in line with canon stats, like Gummaring's stats is now exactly like Ursaring's. Still, no list of TM locations, no list of PokeSweets locations.

I did have fun with this hack, it's a massive improvement from the original Sweet, but I just have a bunch of issues with it, like I did Sweet, but the grievances are different.
I think this game deserves to be more stable, so I have fixed all the glitches you have mentioned(Just the glitches).

I have fixed this hack a little bit to make it much more stable. With this patch, this hack can be played on all kinds of emulators and real consoles. So everyone can play this game and find out how interesting it is. Here's the download link(Patch this on a fire red rom):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/49vvukcaowmor3u/PokeSweet2th_8_21_2017_fixed.ups/file

I have fixed more glitches in the game to make it much more stable. The old download link still works:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/49vvukcaowmor3u/PokeSweet2th_8_21_2017_fixed.ups/file

Last edited:
Years
Might just be my version, but sinks which normally have an event associated might be broken. Only the sound effect for text boxes is played without dialogue.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 27, 2019
So I managed to some how completely miss the mega bananas location if some one can tell me that would be great thanks

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
just to let everyone know the full release of this game is quite buggy but still fun to play. in my opinion it's quite buggy ex: music glitches, pokemon facing wrong direction, etc. but i still recommend this game to people who enjoy fakemon. as this is one of the few game's in the world that makes me hungry lol.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2020
I'm not sure of it's my game or not but I'm really mad that I played through the whole thing and I have yet to have found the last mega stone thing. I'm missing mega cherry, I just can't seem to find it. I watched walkthroughs for it and they show almond giving it to you near where the bikers are at but when I finished it Almond never showed up to give me the stone. So now I don't think I can finish the hack because of it. Please fix that

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 10, 2020
Hello! Your Rom hack looks very interesting.

I would like to ask for your permission to do a let's play for your game on my YouTube channel! Would you be fine with it?

I'll make sure to credit you and leave a link to this thread! Hope to hear from you soon!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 22, 2021
does rosebud evolve the same as budew with high friendship? been searching for an answer everywhere.

Years
I love the game. It's very interesting and creative. If I didn't start with Squirpie, where can I find a PokeSweet that can surf? I'm having trouble progressing in the game because I can't find a PokeSweet that can surf.

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
Just about to redownload and play this game, again as I'm honestly not sure if I have the most up to date patches.

That being said, I had to double check before I even realized that the 8/21/2017 bugfix patch was as large a patch as the original and likely the only thing that needs to be downloaded and applied for anyone coming in later on.

By no means do I think you should delete your old versions links as they show how hard you worked on all of this, that being said. I think you should have a Spoiler Tab labelled Old Versions/Patches and leave all of them inside of there, and only leave your most recent Bug Patch as the only visible download link, if it is as I am assuming and you only need to apply it.

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Dec 28, 2022
I saw it was mentioned once, but it was never answered from what I saw.
But, whenever one of my Pokesweets evolve, the game freezes. It's stuck with the evolved Pokesweet on the screen, black background, and I'm unable to do anything afterwards.

Back