Advertiser Content

Hack Series Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon Page 15

Started by Buffel Saft July 25th, 2018 5:03 AM
  • 366 replies
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
1 posts
13 Days
Right, has anyone managed to nuzlocke this?

I have got to the Lurantis and failed miserable (hedged all my bets on a z-move that got protected). But now I'm learning of an ultra necrozma at lvl100 that has Naganadel as its ally - their move spread is insane! Anyone have any suggestions for how to combat these bad boys?

Also, where do people stand on island scan? A gaurenteed Aegislash/Metagross sure would be sweet against ultra necrozma (even though the Naganadel has flamethrower).

Great hack btw, loving the challenge. Haven't enjoyed a pokemon game more than this, despite this being my 6th play through and I haven't got past the 2nd island!

Buffel Saft

Male
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
568 posts
6.1 Years
The PokéMart bug happens in the Rebalanced version. Haven't tried the Standard version.
Hey, I can't replicate the bug on Citra or a 3DS. You might have a mismatched shop.cro file causing the problem (either an earlier version or one from Ultra Moon).

Right, has anyone managed to nuzlocke this?

I have got to the Lurantis and failed miserable (hedged all my bets on a z-move that got protected). But now I'm learning of an ultra necrozma at lvl100 that has Naganadel as its ally - their move spread is insane! Anyone have any suggestions for how to combat these bad boys?

Also, where do people stand on island scan? A gaurenteed Aegislash/Metagross sure would be sweet against ultra necrozma (even though the Naganadel has flamethrower).

Great hack btw, loving the challenge. Haven't enjoyed a pokemon game more than this, despite this being my 6th play through and I haven't got past the 2nd island!
The easiest way to deal with Ultra Necrozma is just to Destiny Bond it on turn one before it can do too much damage (If you're lucky enough to get something that learns it of course). Otherwise Toxic + Protect can work, or Focus Sash + a move that removes its stat boosts can make it manageable. Once it's down you should be able to handle Naganadel.

Not sure what the general opinion on Island scan in a nuzlocke is but I'd definitely allow it.

And thanks for the kind words! Good to hear you're enjoying the hack so far; best of luck with your Nuzlocke!

Buffel Saft

Male
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
568 posts
6.1 Years
Can you get both Lunala and Solgaleo? Or you will you have trade one of them from another game?
You can get both, Cosmoem will evolve into the opposite version's legendary instead of another of the one you already have.

WorldGuard_01

Male
Currently in the Alola Region, staying with family
Seen 21 Hours Ago
Posted 21 Hours Ago
3 posts
5 Days
Is it possible to add Mega Stones to the game that were only available via Mystery Gift? I'm playing on Citra, and MG isn't an option due to no network capability, and my Ampharos, Selene is my team's designated Mega-evolver. Also, great hack so far, I'm almost to Olivia, and it's really fun and polished!

Buffel Saft

Male
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
568 posts
6.1 Years
Is it possible to add Mega Stones to the game that were only available via Mystery Gift? I'm playing on Citra, and MG isn't an option due to no network capability, and my Ampharos, Selene is my team's designated Mega-evolver. Also, great hack so far, I'm almost to Olivia, and it's really fun and polished!
Every Mega Stone is available at the Battle Tree in USUM, but if you want to be able to mega evolve before the post game you can use pkHex to give yourself an Ampharosite and the mega ring. Note that you'll also need to set a flag in your save to make the ring work; there should be plenty of guides around explaining how to do this, but if not, let me know and I'll make one.

Glad you're enjoying the hack so far!

hello, I was trying to fix up the update file for my copy, but it didn't seem to work right, does anyone have a functional version I could use?
I'm using Citra nightly
Is there a certain step you're having trouble with? I'm not sure what Pokecommunity's stance on sharing entire game updates is, but most sites seem to treat them the same as full game ROMs, so I assume we're not allowed to share them here.

Buffel Saft

Male
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
568 posts
6.1 Years
Can I find or evolve Cosmoem to Lunala in Ultra Sun? If it isn't posso bl, how to obtain the opposite legendary in this hack version?
Yeah, you can get Cosmoem by evolving Cosmog, which you get in the same place/way as the vanilla game. I can't remember exactly what that way is but it's a post game thing in the lake of the sunne/moone, any USUM walkthrough or guide will have the details. Once you've got it Cosmoem will evolve into Lunala in Ultra Sun or Solgaleo in Ultra Moon.
Male
Seen 17 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
5 posts
3.3 Years
Yeah, you can get Cosmoem by evolving Cosmog, which you get in the same place/way as the vanilla game. I can't remember exactly what that way is but it's a post game thing in the lake of the sunne/moone, any USUM walkthrough or guide will have the details. Once you've got it Cosmoem will evolve into Lunala in Ultra Sun or Solgaleo in Ultra Moon.
Ah, ok. But about evolving Cosmoem to Lunala in Ultra Sun Hack version, is it possible? Because I want to complete pokedex.

Buffel Saft

Male
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
568 posts
6.1 Years
Ah, ok. But about evolving Cosmoem to Lunala in Ultra Sun Hack version, is it possible? Because I want to complete pokedex.
It is; I swapped Cosmoem's evolutions around so that it will evolve into Lunala in Ultra Sun. I'm 99% sure it works but haven't tested it, so it might be a good idea to save your game right before it evolves just in case it doesn't.

WorldGuard_01

Male
Currently in the Alola Region, staying with family
Seen 21 Hours Ago
Posted 21 Hours Ago
3 posts
5 Days
So quick info: It's Sunday at the time of this message, and 5pm, and it's raining IRL. I legitimately thought that it was raining in Malie City because it was raining IRL, cause I didn't realize it has it's own rain schedule. I thought my system was tracking current weather, and Citra was using that to determine weather in-game. I was so confused, yet curious.

Buffel Saft

Male
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
568 posts
6.1 Years
Thanks a lot! I'll try.
No problem! Please let me know if it doesn't work so I can fix it.
So quick info: It's Sunday at the time of this message, and 5pm, and it's raining IRL. I legitimately thought that it was raining in Malie City because it was raining IRL, cause I didn't realize it has it's own rain schedule. I thought my system was tracking current weather, and Citra was using that to determine weather in-game. I was so confused, yet curious.
That would definitely be an interesting feature for an emulator to have, but it wouldn't be very accurate to the hardware.
Hi buffel! May I ask you a question about Poni Plains? Are SOS calls on there? Because I'm trying to farm Blissey, and she doesnt call any friends, even with an Adrenaline Orb.

I checked your documentation, and you didn't put any spots about SOS calls. Can I confirm there are no sos calls on there?
Hey James! There are SOS calls on the plains, but Blissey has a 0% call rate, like many other fully evolved three stage Pokemon. That's absolutely something that needs to be changed though, as SOS Blissey was meant to be an easy EXP farm there. I'll try to get that done this week; it's about time my 3DS hacks were updated anyway.
Advertiser Content