• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Lilac [Beta 1 Released!]

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Pokemon Lilac

»Introduction

G'Day and welcome to my project, Pokemon Lilac. This can probably be considered a revamp of my original hack (Shimmering Tempest), except it is of a higher quality and will hopefully be released. It is set at the same time as G/S/C, but in the brand new region of Lowen.

Enjoy the eye-candy and please comment :D

»ROM

Code Base: Pokemon FireRed [BPRE]
Language: English

»Story

It has been a long time coming, but you are now ready to take on a Pokemon adventure across your home region. You're all set to recieve your Pokemon from Professor Oak a larger neighbouring town when your mother informs you that Oak is investigating the nearby Haplon Cave system. Upon your arrival at the caves, a small earthquake shakes the earth around you and a local hiker insists that the fleeing Pokemon demonstrate that it is too dangerous to progress. Once things settle down, you are given the all-clear signal and are allowed to continue to the next town. Inside the cave you come into contact with a determined Professor Oak, spying on a suspicious charcter further into the cave.

The man is no other than a member of the villainous Team Rocket which was thought to have been disbanded three years ago under their leader, Giovanni. Why are Team Rocket snooping around a small cave in Lowen? Why does a shady character continuously follow your every move? Why is your rival so mad at you, despite being friendly for many years beforehand?

The life of a rookie can be a tough one...

»Features

~ The new region of Lowen
~ Fabulous tiles
~ D/P/Pt/HG/SS sprites
~ An engaging storyline
~ New TMs and custom move tutors
~ New evolutions methods to catch 'em all
~ New movesets/ base stats for previously forgettable Pokemon

»Media

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Videos

Spoiler:

»Awards

Spoiler:

»Support

~ I'm not openly looking for any full-time help with this project. If you feel like you can contribute, by all means you should give a statement about your interest in helping - If I like what I see, you're onboard :D

~ I'm always open to criticism, but please don't post any mindless SPAM. Its not nice you wake up to some like "Yo0 suk!!1! 0/1000 D:<" I'll just lol it off and you can have a healthy infraction.

~ Same goes for release dates.

Supporter Bars

Raikou_Lilac9576770678-iaza.gif

Code:
[PLAIN][IMG]http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu74/PocketmonmMaster/Raikou_Lilac9576770678-iaza.gif[/IMG][/PLAIN]

»Programs Used

AdvanceMap 1.92 [Lu-Ho]
XSE, FSF, Overworld Editor RE, A-Trainer, UNlz.GBA [HackMew]
Trader Advanced [Zodiac Da Great]
NTME [D-Trogh]
YAPE [Silver 314]
TM Editor Pro [Dartharon]
Advanced Toolbox [Wichu]

»Thanks

All of the above tool makers for their amazing contributions to the community. If you feel that you have, or someone you know has contribute and haven't been named, please contact me so I can rectify the mistake.

NiKaNoRoU - Male OWs and associated sprites
Daedalus - CSS layout
JPAN - Hacked FR Engine
Kyledove - Tiles
Speedialga -Tiles
Alistair - Tiles
Alucus of Borg - Tiles
Scarex - Tiles
WesleyFG - Tiles
Dewitty - Tiles
SpriterK - Tiles
Reck - Tiles
lalo0101 - Tiles
spaceemotion - Tiles
Prince Legendario - Tiles
Tokyn - Resized sprites
Professor Valley - Battle background bases
PokemonTrainerd - Update banner
Qualiava's Master - World Map linking help
giradialkia and destinedjagold - Making the HotM awards

»Releases

¤ Beta 1.1 > Two Gyms + Team Rocket Event (Released 15/12/10)

DrFuji
2010 - 2012

Last edited:

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
Years
Let me guess this is the better remake of Pokemon The Tempest.
Good to see a hack from you.
I love the graphic and sprite, hope you finish it.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Good to see a hack from you.
I love the graphic and sprite, hope you finish it.

No, that is a completely different hack - I'm remaking my only hack that was ever put up here which was called Shimmering Tempest.

Thanks for the compliments though :D

Last edited:

~Merilyn

Pokemon Misted Amethyst
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2014
Looks amazing so far! Are you going to change, the NPC over worlds?

Anyway, keep up the good work :)

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
~Merilyn said:
Looks amazing so far! Are you going to change, the NPC over worlds?

Nah, I won't be changing them, apart from one or two which are central to the story.

The male player is an Indianna Jones look-alike because yes :B

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
The screen shot's look good :D, I hope this goes well
Good Luck,

EDIT : Click my egg x3

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
Hey! I was wondering if you were going to make a new hack or revive the old one. You're an amazing hacker, and I'm already impressed by the graphics specifically!

P.S. - I'm sorry I accidentally sort of took your hack name a while ago. I was brand new to hacking, and I had no idea that Shimmering Tempest existed. But I did, think it was funny when DuoRyan said:

Good luck!

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Nice graphics, scripts and maps. The HGSS grass is cool, just fix the grass animation, or forever be cursed by this post~

I love the text box :D

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
icychill66 said:
Hey! I was wondering if you were going to make a new hack or revive the old one. You're an amazing hacker, and I'm already impressed by the graphics specifically!

Thanks for that :D

P.S. - I'm sorry I accidentally sort of took your hack name a while ago. I was brand new to hacking, and I had no idea that Shimmering Tempest existed.

Think nothing of it - It had been dead for about two months and I wasn't exactly happy with its bugs :)

Alignment said:
Nice graphics, scripts and maps. The HGSS grass is cool, just fix the grass animation, or forever be cursed by this post~

I love the text box :D

The grass animation is correct...? :x

I also <3 the text box

Thanks for stopping by now get out :P

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Thanks for that :D

Think nothing of it - It had been dead for about two months and I wasn't exactly happy with its bugs :)

The grass animation is correct...? :x

I also <3 the text box

Thanks for stopping by now get out :P

The grass animation pallette is but you need to change the shape in tile molester, unless you've already done so (in which case the screenshots say otherwise).

Glad you love that I love the text box :)

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
Incredible! This looks amazing graphics, mapping, and scripting wise. The OW sprite of the player looks great and the battle background is nice. I'll be waiting for a release.

Best of luck on this, DrFuji.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
The grass animation pallette is but you need to change the shape in tile molester, unless you've already done so (in which case the screenshots say otherwise).

There were no additional tiles that showed movement with this, so I have had to use the default grass 'tufts' when you move as its animation. I actually think it look fine like this as it is graphically similar to the animation of the grass in HGSS anyway.

Great hack! I love the Maps. It's so colorful and full of life!

I hope you finish this cause i'm looking forward to it's great storyline! :D

Thankyou very much for that :D

Incredible! This looks amazing graphics, mapping, and scripting wise. The OW sprite of the player looks great and the battle background is nice. I'll be waiting for a release.

Best of luck on this, DrFuji.

Thanks. I know where I want to be up to before I make a release, but I'm nowhere near there at this point D:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
This looks great, graphic-wise, mapping-wise, and scripting-wise. Keep up the good work! (b'-')b

Oh and I can't help but notice in your 2nd video "oppertunity". I'm guessing that it's supposed to be opportunity. XD;

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
Years
I can't get over the maps!!! The MAPS are awesome! and did I mention that the MAPS are awesome? :D:D

Very great graphics! I'm dying to see more screenies! Literally DYiNG to see IT!!!

I hope you progress well with this hack! :3

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Zeffy said:
This looks great, graphic-wise, mapping-wise, and scripting-wise. Keep up the good work! (b'-')b

Oh and I can't help but notice in your 2nd video "oppertunity". I'm guessing that it's supposed to be opportunity. XD;

I can't believe I missed that :x

Thanks for the error and the compliments :D

nasonex said:
I can't get over the maps!!! The MAPS are awesome! and did I mention that the MAPS are awesome? :D:D

Very great graphics! I'm dying to see more screenies! Literally DYiNG to see IT!!!

I hope you progress well with this hack! :3

Well, I progressed a little further during the night and started mapping the innards of Frigid Cavern so a small update is in order:

frigidcavern.png
swinubi.png

Thoughts? Opinions?

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
Years
Hmmm... The Mapping is Good... All i can see here is no scripts yet'

Can you post more pics of Figid Cavern? I like the graphics of it.. It gives me the CHILLS' :D:D

BTW, Good luck on this one' I know it's a lot of time and effort but it's all worth it cause many people will recognize you and most importantly, appreciate what you have done!

Anyways, more power! keep me informed' :)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
The tiles certainly are your strong point, as are your maps. If the scripting matches how good the graphics are, then this hack will be brilliant! I love the ice cave, but something is annoying me about that snow patch... Just seems too bright, but that isn't something worth worrying about, as I just need to get used to it. I wish you all the best.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. It isn't too bright. Probably just me. Seemed like it because of the dark floor, and then suddenly bright white snow.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
nasonx said:
Can you post more pics of Figid Cavern? I like the graphics of it.. It gives me the CHILLS' :D:D

That's what I was aiming for :D

I don't want to show off too much, so I'm afraid you'll have to be in the dark for now. But I can tell you that I have finished the mapping and scripting of Frigid Cavern and I am now up to the third city :3

Banjora Marxville said:
The tiles certainly are your strong point, as are your maps. If the scripting matches how good the graphics are, then this hack will be brilliant! I love the ice cave, but something is annoying me about that snow patch... Just seems too bright, but that isn't something worth worrying about, as I just need to get used to it. I wish you all the best.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. It isn't too bright. Probably just me. Seemed like it because of the dark floor, and then suddenly bright white snow.

Thanks very much Banjora. And no, its not just you - I though that it was too bright as well when I looked over it later, so you can be assured that it is now slightly darker and doesn't contrast as much with the blue floor :D

Back